Author Take Infrared photos with your K750
curmurdar
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-02-20 22:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-02-18 02:15:26, max_wedge wrote:
you need ir sensitive film. Normal film won't record ir. You also need an ir pass filter (blocks out normal light)

You mean photografic film (those used in old cameras ), didn't you ? And what is "Tungsten lighting" ?

BTW nice thread and thanks 4 sharing.

Regards,
Curmurdar.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-21 02:41
tungsten lighting is that used in many flood lights and photographic lights. It emits IR radiation as well as visible light.

photographic film is not sensitive to IR light, you need special IR sensitive photographic film.

Digital camera cmos and ccd chips are sensitive to IR light so you don't need any special type of digital camera to take ir pictures - all you need to do is block out the visible light.

whatsucka
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-03 06:20
how to take pic under IR light??
sim0n_
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-03 12:27
i don't think this are the right IR photos. cause, IR light comes from hot sources, so the street should be brighter than the plants, cause it's warmer and so produces more IR radiation.
those pictures just look like normal ones with some color filter.
to me, mabey i'm wrong.
and, on one picture, where the hand is visible, the hand should be brighter than the phone, cause it's warm. as far as the IR radiation is concerned.

on the other hand.. i experimented a bit with remote controls..
if you have like 3 or so remote controls pointed on an object( in macro) you can see that object in pure dark with your phone camera.
so it's possible to recorc a IR light with phone, but this filter is not enough por it.
if the filter was the right one, so it wouldn't let any visible light get true, we should see the filter as a black film.
and this film, witch they took the pictures with is clearly not black, it's brown, so it allows brown lihgt to het true(threw/throu/... ) and the pictures taken with this filter does not record just IR light.

but, on the comparison of the t610 housing, it is visible that te IR photo is cind of different, you can almost see tru the housing. Sweet!

[ This Message was edited by: sim0n_ on 2007-07-03 11:33 ]
michka
Sony Xperia E1
PM
Posted: 2007-07-03 15:14
It is all a question of which infrared is recorded. Camera sensors are made to record visible light (~ 0.4 -> 0.7 micrometers wavelength). However, they also record near infrared light ( ~1 micrometer wavelength). Usually, a filter is placed in front of the sensor to block the infrared and mimick the sensitivity of the human eye.
Of course, you can replace it by another filter that lets IR go through but blocks the visible light. The pictures recorded are then different from normal, simply because objects reflect near-IR differently than visible light. A bit like some objects are red, or green, ...
On the other hand, objects heated at around room temperature or body temperature emit essentially light in the far infrared (~ 10 micrometer wavelength). To record far infrared, a special sensor is needed, but then you will get a picture reflecting the temperature of the objects. You cannot record this with a normal camera sensor.
Pedestrian: don't run, my car is faster anyway.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi