Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > MS Duo corruption problem with R1N035

Author MS Duo corruption problem with R1N035
quietfool
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-28 17:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,
I'm having, I think, a similar problem with my new w800i - when I try to copy music using disc2phone or drag/drop it seems to have worked but, when I look on the phone only some, if any of the files have actually made it. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this part before though - sometimes when I go to copy more tracks, not only do they behave in the same manner, but any tracks that have been copied successfully previously can vanish, completely at random.
I'm very confused. Whats the best move to make - and if it is to reformat/reset, exactly how do I do that? Oh, and having tried putting tracks directly onto memory card though integral laptop card reader, it seems to copy fine but when I turn the phone on none of the tracks are there - album folders might be, but they've got nothing in them. I've tried to update the firmware, but it failed twice and now as soon as I start trying to use seus, it tells me 'there is currently no service for devices belonging to your operator.' Please, somebody, help!!

[ This Message was edited by: quietfool on 2005-10-29 11:04 ]
bennyboo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-03 11:24
Hi,

exactly the same problems here.. - USB transfer worked fine on previous F/W now it's a real pain. Seems a lot slower even just for a few files too. Tried it on about 5 different PC's - has same problem on all of them.

In comparison I can transfer 130MB of MP3's from a USB sitck in 30 seconds or so but trying to to transfer them to my K750i starts ok but quickly shows over 60 minutes in the Windows copy dialog....

Am really annoyed with this. - am on 02 Uk so waited for ages for this new firmware as it is....

Can anyone tell me how I go about downgrading the f/w??

Cheers,
Bennyboo
marvel2k5
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-04 01:57
This bug is really a pain in the ass!!!! Many of my photos stored in the MS were corrupted, im afraid of losing everthing!!!

I have no doubt this is an f/w related problem... everybody, including me, get this annoying malfunction after upgrading to r1n035... i simply cant accept the fact of losing my files when already stored or even when transfering via usb cable!

Damn SE's slacker programmers

I have a k750i converted to w800's w/ r1n035 and I'm really considering get back to K750's R1L002 f/w

[ This Message was edited by: marvel2k5 on 2005-11-04 01:02 ]
bennyboo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-05 08:55
:marvel2k5 - how do you go about downgrading to R1L002 f/w? Can it be done with just seus tools?

cheers,
Bennyboo
deadwing
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-06 18:26
I had the problem with transfering music to W800 after upgrading firmware, MP3s disappeared, slow transfer. Tried different computers and different Duo cards, still transfer failed and slowed down in windows and with Disc2phone. Today I shut down the phone, removed the battery, replaced battery, restarted and have so far transfered 3 albums with Disc2phone with no problem whatsoever. Is this a fix or am I a lucky son of a b*t*h?
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-11-06 19:47
Probably just lucky.

I've done pretty much the same, and what other people say fix this problem. However, usually a week down the line the same bug comes back.

Mines been fine so far though since the original bug reared its head, but im sure it'll still come back if i over use the USB cable to transfer items.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
antimon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-07 02:16
Exact same problem here...
It's funny that still there's no fix from SE

Anyone knows how can i downgrade my firmware?
womack
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-07 06:30
my phone has this annoying problem, that when i tried to copy files across, the data would overwrite something already in there - and then when i play the old songs (the new ones dont show up) the new song will play from various parts of the song. the only way i can fix it is to delete everything and copy the folder across fresh
siwatkins
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-08 01:58
Has anyone been reporting the problem to SE? I got a response back today saying there were no known issues with the firmware release! I pointed them to this site, but it made me wonder how many people are just posting here about the issue rather than letting SE know?
rambalu80
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-11-08 02:30
I have the same problem, but I figured that if I transfer a smaller number of files each time, it works fine. I guess there is no solution but wait for the next update to have a fix.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-11-08 14:56
Quote:

On 2005-11-08 01:58:47, siwatkins wrote:
Has anyone been reporting the problem to SE? I got a response back today saying there were no known issues with the firmware release! I pointed them to this site, but it made me wonder how many people are just posting here about the issue rather than letting SE know?

SE do know. They just deny all knowledge of any bugs whenever they reply, it saves face.

They did the same about the video quality issue.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
antimon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-08 21:20
I got this answer from SE:

Recently there is a problem in update service. Please refer to our technical services for correct update process.
Kristoffer
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-08 21:56
I did report the problems to SE in Denmark, but no response…
OSEDelta
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-11-08 22:59
Hello,

As many of our forum colleagues, I' suffering this disgusting problem.

I just liked to ask if somebody has noticed this point, and I don't knot if it's remarkable:

With the latest firmware (R1NA005) the two hidden files in the memory stick are empty (I mean, MEMSTICK.IND and MSTK_PRO.IND), whereas I think that I can remember that in R1L002, both files contained some information. Am I wrong? Is this something that can provoke the buggy behavior?

By the way, with an external card reader I've got no problem.
tavueni
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-09 00:08
I had EXACTLY the same problems with my K750i so I completely sympathise. I wasn't willing to put up with and SE fobbed my off when I went through SE support.

I just read up and then went to http://www.davinciteam.com and downloaded the software and firmware to downgrade my firmware back to K750 R1L002 and I have not had a problem since. The flashing application and firmware download are very simple and straight forward to use and I just need my PC and the original data cable that came with the phone.

The best thing is that it only cost my 10 Euros (£6) and about 1hr or so of my time to understand how to do it.

People can try it at their own risk but since I did it, there is now a pretty consise tutorial on the steps to do it can be found at: http://www.seuniverse.com/step1.php

All I can say is that it worked for me and I'm happy I did it. Might help some other fellow sufferers. I'm planning to upgrade my K750->W800 when a stable red version of the firmware comes out. There is a Red version of R1N035 for the W800 firmware out there but I've heard the problems are the same.

Best of luck.

tav

[ This Message was edited by: tavueni on 2005-11-08 23:21 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic