Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips

Author "generic" Bluetooth troubleshooting/Q&A/Tips
gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-11-03 17:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just get it going follo your post guys, thanks a lot for your help
***Proud Owner of t68m with t68i upgraded software, and EPoX Dongle
**Proud Owner of and only ...!
*you can do anything with computers....!
Tongster!
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 17:28
I have a Tecom BT3030 and cannot get pictures on or off my phone, can someone help me.
rhaug
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-07 14:06
Quote:

On 2002-09-02 02:57, GOwin wrote:
Here's an excellent summation on how to make BT work

Originally posted by arnoldc
in general, regardless of the bt product used, you have to:

1. install package 4

I did all that for my t39m and MSI bluetooth key and it worked instantly. But only once in a lifetime since then it never worked again.

When the mobiles serial port is connected and mapped to COM3 (I cannot map it to the ports 4-7 as it does not offer to do so) this connection starts to break down and reconnect verey 5 seconds as soon as the MPM (latest version) is started.

So I am really desperate. I found reports of such behaviour in google.groups and here as well, but no help yet.

I think I am going to send the bluetooth key back even though everything works well as long as the MPM is not involved.

///-support tells me "It works here, so we are sure it's not our problem. But we know that there are problem reports about this problem." (

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-08 03:03
@rhaug
try the MSI 6967 thread
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-11-20 09:08
I was having a bluetooth problem with sending pics in either direction (using the MSI) but the "how to" guide by Bugone if followed exactly WILL work cos i can now simply send a pic to a file on my DESKTOP in seconds with no pairing or messing around, also the drag & drop system for sending screensavers & stuff to the phone using the "My bluetooth places " window is now easy. ...WHAT A GREAT FORUM !
solobaric
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-11-20 13:11
I just bought a billionton bluetooth usb adapter. I have paird it with my t68i. The problem is that i cant send pictures and files from my fon to my pc. Please help me. Dont know what to do

This post was posted from a T68i

goll
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-20 14:06
I have an 'Abe' Bluetooth USB dongle (driver is IVT).

I'm trying to have it connect to my T68i, but after entering the passkey, it returns "Unable to get PAN service information!" and then does nothing. According to previous posts on this thread, it should create some ports for me? Nothing happens.

Unable to get past this point, can anyone suggest/help?

Thanks,
Andy
CarlR
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-03 13:03
Hey guys,

Trying to connect my T68 to my WinXP SP1 PC using Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop.

This is how far I have gotten:

Installed XTNDConnect for Ericsson.

Paired the phone with the PC;
Control Panel -> Wireless Link -> Bluetooth -> Add
Success and Autenticated.
Click on the T68 -> Properties -> Services
Only service showing is Dial-Up Networking.

Control Panel -> System -> Hardware
Standard Modom over Bluetooth link using Com 3.
Do not find any other Bluetooth Com ports.

Control Panel -> Phone Monitor Options
No phone showing under tab Mobile Phones.
Only have COM1, COM2 and COM3 under tab COM Ports.
COM1 and COM2 = Disabled, No
COM3 = Enable, Yes

XTNDConnect can not find the T68.

I'm realizing that something is missing. Why am I not getting more Services or Com ports? Please help!
peterhk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-12 05:34
peter, appreciate your post. but this topic is for generic bluetooth concerns. i moved your post to the mitsumi thread here -
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=12234&forum=15

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-12-12 05:15 ]
Tal
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-16 22:32
Hi Guys,
Does someone know how I can enable my bluetooth option in my t68i?
It came from store with the option disabled. ( Bluetooth issues are still not closed in Israel).
I have a few bluetooth products and it is making me crazy not to use them.

Thanks
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-17 10:57
@tal
the frequency that bluetooth uses is for use by IDF in your country. so it would be illegal for you to circumvent the disabled BT in your phone.

anyway, search the forums. i remember someone from israel discussing about the same thing a few months back.

(and welcome to ESATO )
Tal
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 17:15
Thanks man.
goodoldman
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-12-22 03:32
who can tell me can I use BT with LIUNX system or UNIX?

eagerly waitting your help.........thanks
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-22 06:56
@goodoldman
try this: http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/devices.html
slanteye
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-24 20:00
Hello everyone. I recently decided to give bluetooth a shot. I bought a Toshiba Bluetooth PCMCIA card after reading about it on bensbargains.net Hers's the link:

http://www.bensbargains.net/ktalk/1040503034,57170,.shtml

Anyways, it was only $30 (cheaper than any USB dongle I've seen) at my local CompUSA (item #285816) so I decided why not. After installing it onto my HP laptop with WinXP, I found out that the card is Toshiba branded but actually manufactured by Digianswer. The installation CD that came with it did not have XP drivers. But Digianswer's website did have win2000 drivers for it so I downloaded it and it installed correctly. Oh, and FYI, Digianswer was bought out by Motorola so there won't be any more furture support for this card. (Buyer Beware)

The Bluetooth software that came bundled with it installed fine and added a "Bluetooth Neighborhood" to my desktop. By setting the phone on discoverable and setting the PC to discover, it was able to discover the T68. Four icons appear. They were: Buisness Card, Inbox, Serial Port 1, and Serial Port 2. It does support OBEX and I was able to send pics to the T68's inbox. I was also able to pull (Using OBEX) my buisness card from the T68 to the PC. However, I was not able to connect to the two serial ports on the T68. I don't have a T68i so I can't test whether if it can send themes to the phone. This application when installed will add 4 or 5 "virtual" com ports (i forget exactly how many). When I go into MPM to enable the virtual ports nothing happens. Hence, none of the Sony Ericsson tools (ie My Pictures) work. I also was not able to transer pics from the phone to the PC (only the other way around).

Don't know if I will want to keep this card (I really want to use the SE tools), but hey, that's the beauty of buying this card at CompUSA, you can return it within (xx) days for your full money back, plus no shipping fees!! (if you buy it at your local store). I hope this inspires others to go and buy the card to try it out. Maybe you can help me better use/understand this product. Cause honestly, I don't know what the hell I'm doing!! Just using the good 'ol "trial and error". Good luck.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic