Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > All about Mitsumi Bluetooth adaptors

12  Next
Author All about Mitsumi Bluetooth adaptors
marknicholls
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-10-14 00:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have just bought this. But i can not get it to sync with my T68i.

Does any1 know if the WIF-0402C supports syncing?

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-12-12 05:14 ]
Newton
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-10-16 18:44
According to this post, it's working! (though, note that the guy is selling it...

And according to Tom'hardware review it should work only with Intellisynch and it can't transfer data (raw files I guess...)
marknicholls
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-10-26 15:23
well i still cant get the bloody thing sync-ing!
Mark
mnichollsuk@mac.com
SE Z600
akuma
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-29 01:15
I am having the exact same problem!!! I cannot get the bluetooth device to work, i run the software, plug in the usb device, and run the program and it says "device not found" , is this the same problem you are having or are you getting any further than I am?? My software version is Mitsumi Bluetooth Suite 1.0.8.EN01 is this the same as yours?? have you been able to find any drivers for it or any updates? Also, I'm running windows xp, could this affect it in any way??
funks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-29 06:53
The software for the MITSUMI is crap..

Try this..

1) Remove Mitsumi Software
2) Restart
3) Download DLINK WidComm DBT-120M Windows XP Drivers from
http://support.dlink.com
4) Extract to a dir someplace
5) Downloaded INF file from http://www.pocketbuddy.com/gdaswani/btwusb.inf
6) Copy downloaded btwusb.inf and overwite the one located where you
extracted the DLINK drivers
7) Install DLINK drivers
Check your control panel for unknown usb device, update driver and point
it to where you extracted the DLINK drivers

Have fun
akuma
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-29 14:31
cool, i'm in a rush now on my way out, so i'll try it when i get back but have you tried this setup with a mitsumi usb adaptor? and it works? or is this just a theory?either way thanks for the reply, any help is great!
akuma
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 07:22
Thanks Funks!!!, i got the driver installe and my computer now recognizes the device!! however, i cannot get mobile phone monitor to connect to my phone?? any more advice, what are the steps to doing this correctly, Thanks again!
marknicholls
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 10:32
My mitsumi software recognises the phone, but will not sync....will what u suggested sort the sync-ing?

Thanks
Mark
mnichollsuk@mac.com
SE Z600
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 19:22
i had that thing, got rid of it for the same reason, i guess i should have tried the other sw first, but oh well i am happy with my irda...
www.mythstudios.com
marknicholls
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 21:18
Hi

Just tried it, but it says "unable to start bluetooth service pack"

Any ideas?
Thanks for you help
Mark
mnichollsuk@mac.com
SE Z600
annax
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 15:06
So is the D-Link software the best? When I use my D-Link dongle with software, I get reception quality (both for phone and a PDA) showing only two bars - ie, Signal Too Weak. The only way I have managed to improve is by holding the dongle right next to the other Bluetooth device.

Is this just my dongle???
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-12 06:14
As originally posted by peterhk
Quote:

On 2002-12-12 05:34, peterhk wrote:
Keyword: Mitsumi Bluetooth Dongle T68 Dial Up

Ok everyboday, after 2 weeks of hard work I made it possib le. I can dial up via Bluetooth using Window XP and my T68 Bluetooth.

Here's how:

1.Create a new Modem in Controlpanel
2.Don't let Windows search it, choose it from the list
3.Choose the T68 Bluetooth Driver from the list
4.Here's one of the tricky points: When assigning a COM port to the modem, make sure that it runs on the right one. Which one ? Start Mitsumi Bluetooth suite and check out all Bluetooth Serial ports. The DUN port is the one you are looking for (in my case COM5). Assign the newly created modem onto COM5 (in this case).
5. Create a DIAL UP connection using the new modem
6.Reboot

Ok so far so good. Here we continue:

1.Make sure that Ericsson Phone Monitor is NOT installed
2.Start Mitsumi Bluetooth suite
3. Don't do anything. Maximum you could do is to RIGHT click onto the empty window to search devices if your phone doesnt show up. BUT DONT PAIR NOW !
4. In your T68 choose: CONNECT:BLUETOOTH:PAIRED DEVICES
5. If there is your computer already, delete it. I dont know why, but it only works like this.
6. More strange even. Click on ADD Device, but LET PHONE ACCEPT. If phone initiates it doesn't work either !
7. Go to your dial up window and click Connect
8. You DialUp will talk to COM5 where it suspects the modem
9. This will make the Bluetooth suite to give you a message: SOMEONE TRIES TO TALK ON COM5 VIA BLUETOOTH
10. Click CONNECT
11. Phone will ask you to accept the other Bluetooth partner
12. Click ok. Assign a 4 digit number of your wish
13. On your Computer you will immediately be asked for this number. enter it and press ok
14. The phone will start to dial !!
15. make sure that DATASERVICE is enabled with your servicerprovider, otherwise the connection will break.
16. if later the conenction breakes for any reason, you need to do the shit again from the point where you need to delete the already existing bluetooth computer on your mobile phone.
17. Try 1 or 2 times if it doesnt work directly. Always to delete the PC Entry on your T68 in Devices.

congratulations !!

No I am on my next quest, to upload pictures/photos to my t68. How long will that take ? Your help is very appreciated !! ^_^

abedh
T300
PM
Posted: 2002-12-12 08:01
I used the mitsumi software (which admittedly sux) without incident, and tried out the Widcomm software...which I really liked...It worked great and was a breeze to use!
Still no file transfer capability with the DBA-10!
tamdoankc
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-12 15:55
I've searched this site for a solution to my problem but still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have a Mitsumi BT USB adaptor and I am able to send files from my PC to my T68i via the Mitsumi software so I know I'm getting connectivity. The problem is that I CAN'T get XTNDConnect to synch with the phone. When I select Synchronize in XTNDConnect it will try opening a connection and then it will tell me "Unable to detect phone. Verify that the phone is connected to the PC." I've been reading around and it seems like I need to change or add something in the Mitsumi BT Serial Ports settings. It defaults to SERIAL (COM5), DUN (COM6), LAN (COM7), FAX (COM8) but there's no option I can find to add or modify these. Can someone please guide me through setting up XTNDConnect with my PC and please dumb it down since I'm new to all of this? I am trying to get this setup on Win2k and WinXP.
abedh
T300
PM
Posted: 2002-12-12 18:53
The piece that you are missing is with the SonyEricsson Software.
First you need to install the SonyEricsson Phone monitor (this should have been already installed with the package for XTNDConnect).
Goto Control Panel (I'm doing this from XP by the way) and open up phone monitor options.
Select the COM Ports tab. Here you need to select the correct com port (serial) to communicate with your phone. Depends on the settings for Mitsumi. If mitsumi has set Serial as COM5 then that is the port you need to highlight in the Phone Monitor. Then you need to click on the Enable button for that COM Port. If you will only be using the phone with this port (Bluetooth Serial) then you can also click on reserve. Once that is done, open XTNDConnect...it should now open the Phone Monitor and identify a new Phone and SIM Card. Once that is done, XTND Should work.

Hope that helps (if the Serial Profile does not work, you may want to try another)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi