Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > i-mate K-JAM

Previous  123  Next
Author i-mate K-JAM
tindo196
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-10-03 00:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
thanks for the quick update masseur .is there much difference between the k-jam and the jam-i really would not like to waste extra pounds on the keypad only
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-03 01:03
unfortunately for me, logic doesn't come into it much and I just have to at least test the latest and greatest

if I were to speak impartially and without personal preference I would have to say that what was a slightly sub £400 Jam is not really worth selling for sub £300 in order to replace with a device which currently is around £500 where the main benefit is a hard keypad (vs a soft keypad), especially when you consider the amount of software that currently is not windows mobile 5 compatible such as worldmate, avantgo (although its partially compatible) and various others

The Jam is still a great device and windows mobile 2003 second edition still offers most of what is available ni windows mobile 5. if you are not in the position where money is no concern I would definitly recommend hanging on to the fabulous Jam for another 6 months, at the very least, until more software is compatible and the k-jam reduces to more reasonal pricing levels
Evil Eye
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2005-10-03 06:16
@masseur nice pics...

Thanks!
i-mate K-JAM and Windows Mobile Discussion Thread
Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Pro, i-mate K-JAM & Nokia N81
Wuz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 16:38
Masseur

In the phone's user guide is there any reference to supporting Line 2 (i.e. for when it comes out on Orange). Would really appreciate if you could look when you get a chance.

Thanks
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 16:42
I'm very busy at the moment and don't have my laptop with me which has the manuals so I'll point you at this msmobiles.com page which has a link to the k-jam manual, so take a look for yourself.

please reply here if you fnid your answer and I'll check the manual later tonight if you haven't replied
Wuz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 14:16
Thanks for that Masseur - kind of you.

I've checked the mannual via the link and can find no mention of Line 2 capability. I guess my only hope is that Orange will make this available when they come to customize the phone to their own branding. ...I doubt it though...they haven't bothered with other HTC phones in the series.
I can't believe Otrange have seemingly abandoned their high paying Line 2 customers in this way. No new models coming out support this function and people like me are left having to use older models or get rid of their Line 2 function.
I am so angry about this.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-07 06:16
@masseur,

There is a version of the K-Jam; well really the HTC Wizard that has squared off edges that I love. Recently in a grey case color with 6 hardware buttons (inc answer/end) besides the joypad.

Do you have any idea what brand name it'll be released as??

I think I'm slowly being pulled to the darkside.
DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2005-10-18 19:36
Im really interested in one of these,had the Jam and loved it.Pay Day next week....may have to pick one up [addsig]
jeffr
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 12:54
Masseur - Thank you for a very comprehensive & great review of the Jasjar & K-Jam.

Does the K-Jam display automoatically revert to landscape when using the pull out keyboard?

Do you know of any comparisons of the O2 Atom & K-Jam?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 13:13
you're welcome and welcome to Esato

the k-jam changes automatically to landscape mode when you pull the keyboard out and reverts to portrait mode when you close it again.

One omission in this area is that if the device is off and you pull the keyboard out it does not turn on which seems strange as their is no other reason to pull the keyboard out except to use the device!

sorry, I haven't seen the comparison you requested but I'll post here if I do see one
jeffr
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 14:07
Thank you... one more question...

I've owned the P800, 900 & 910. Does the K-Jam offer noticeably better internet performance than these SE phones?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 14:15
I too have owned each of the p-series. actually I recently bought a great condition P800 for a bit of nostalgia and I will be getting the P990 to check out

the k-jam flies through web pages very well and not only is the performance at the very least equal but in reality its usually much better, but also, the experience is much better because of the size of the screen and the fact that you can go landscape.

with windows mobile 5 soft keys you can also do so much more single handedly without the need to pull the stylus although in P910 the jog dial does a very good job too.

I can safely say that the k-jam is the best mobile device I have ever had for all-round abilities
Lordmike
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-12-21 16:05
@masseur
I just bought Spb for my qtek 9100 (K-Jam), nice program. I can recommend it.

I wish that Worldmate would work on WM5. I miss that program from my P800.

[ This Message was edited by: Lordmike on 2005-12-21 15:07 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-21 16:17
yeah, I'm also STILL waiting for worldmate for windows mobile 5.

I did try the professional which has recently been released but the demo only lasts a day though you can extend it for another day using a button in the demo program itself

it looks very good but the subscription is a killer but hopefully most of the features common with the standard will have been enhanced equally

from SPB I'm using plus, weather and time which are all very good and worth their price
Lordmike
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-12-21 16:19
I just use spb plus so far, havent checked the others yet. But might buy those too!
A better calculator would also be nice, especially for complex numbers.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi