Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How do you remove the operator logo from the K750i

Previous  12
Author How do you remove the operator logo from the K750i
alanjrobertson
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 13:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jools4 - no sorry it's just the operator branding I'm talking about, not the network name on the standby screen. I don't really have a problem with the latter and wasn't aware of any easy way to get rid of this (although themes seem like a way). As far as I can see the OP was also talking about the network branding rather than the network name, but I may be wrong - ctsamados, which were you thinking of?

Cheers

Alan
ctsamados
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 14:33
Just the opearator name.

I've started creating themes and the big O2 - UK always gets in the way of things.

gbrooks, looking forward to your guide.

Thanks.

Also another question. Is it possible to get rid of the clock and date in the options menu? I'm not to fussed so I wouldn't want to goto the hassle of using Davinci for this.
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 14:38
Ah! I was right!! I thought it was the operator name you wanted to remove, not the network branding... in which case my first reply was correct!

If gbrooks3 can show us an easy way of removing the operator name I'd definitely be interested!
juiceme2max
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 14:44
all i do is load what theme your using into theme creator then disguise the o2-uk as much as poss with the same colour as background then save the theme then transfere your edited them to your k750
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-17 14:45
Sure, theme is good, but i think we are talking about different things, i like to change the op logo, not hide it

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-17 15:14
hmmm, while the K700 would accept themes with operator text and outline the same colour, K750 doesn't.

Score one to the operator. Bugger.

However it does work with time and date:

alanjrobertson
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 16:07
@JoolsG4 - hehe well done LOL TBH I hadn't really thought of the text being a problem before, that's why I hadn't thought that was what they were talking about!

Cheers

Alan
ctsamados
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 16:43
Max what has your phone got written in the bottom right corner?

It doesn't look like menu, which is on mine.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-17 17:05
it's the optus branding - like the "live" button on vodafone. Fortunantly, that's about the worst aspect of optus branding. It doesn't worry me too much since I can use the activity button fine - if that was hobbled to point to the optus zoo content I'd be fuming!!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-08-17 17:16
I didn't know Optus branded their phones? I was with Optus for a long time since they started but moved back to Telstra a couple of years ago. Are Telstra branding their phones too? I only buy sim free so have no idea
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-18 04:29
you couldn't really call it branding...

There is the optus zoo button on the right softkey that can't be changed. There is an optus zoo option in the menu (I think normally would be internet favourites?) There is optus content included (pics etc) but it can ALL be deleted if you so wish.

You can change the startup sceen, but not the shutdown screen which remains as the Optus ZOO graphic.

SEUS allow updates, so unlike Vodafone you don't need to take your phone to a service centre to update.

And there is not a shred of branding anywhere on the cover. For the first time I own an SE phone with a "Quickshare" sticker (as opposed to a "vodafone" sticker)
equinox102
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-18 09:42
I'm really starting to get sick of having that big ass Optus Zoo logo on my screen! I keep clicking it thinking it will pop up a menu, just like my unbranded t610 did.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-18 17:06
both my T610, Moto V525, and K700 were branded to vodafone live - so I'm more relieved than anything

If Vodafone branding sucks (which it does), optus branding just licks a little bit
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi