Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > htc wizard or htc universal?

Author htc wizard or htc universal?
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-02 22:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
at last a bad suggestion masseur lol...........ive decided to use outlook as you suggested........im trying everything in the manual and its a fresh install of outlook(2002) so im trying to get my devices calendar ad contacts on to my pc.......its not synching.
I have outlook at work and other than the email which automatically goes there i rarely use it so im not sure what im doing wrong here but it says windows pc error
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-03 00:09
oh well .......a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.....it took my calendar from the jasjar.......but not my contacts so i had to put them in from my p910i sync .......all i need to do now is every time i enter a contact in the jasjar............send it to my p910 and then synch that with the pc........this was supposed to be EASY? lol
sessou22
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-17 16:31
Hi Masseur or anyone else who could assist with K-Jam question.

I am trying to set up MS Exchange (it's a 1&1 exchange server) but can't figure out the server name. 1&1 are being useless so far - can you advise?

Thanks.
Lordmike
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-11-19 11:25
I haven't been able to get my Qtek 9100 (HTC Wizard) to synch with my outlook. I had Office XP installed and ActiveSynch just complained about not having the right Outlook installed and wanted me to install MS Outlook 2002 (which is the one you get in Office XP.. maybe something wrong with student licence?! hmm no ). So I uninstalled Office XPs version of Outlook and installed the one from the CD. Same error as before.. annoying.
I might get this error because I first synch my P800 and then I don't have the right permissions to access the calendar, notes etc.

Anyways... other then the synch problem.. I love my Qtek and it was you Masseur whom got me into this when you spoke so well about the S100 (I think?!).

Might go for the HTC Universal when I'm bored with my V800, and later the P990i... My gf is gonna get _so_ pissed about this.
sessou22
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-19 18:17
OK, well I finally got this working with Outlook 2003 - brilliant!
Skype doesn't work however....
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-11-19 19:30
Quote:

On 2005-11-19 11:25:27, Lordmike wrote:
Anyways... other then the synch problem.. I love my Qtek and it was you Masseur whom got me into this when you spoke so well about the S100 (I think?!).

well, the JAM maybe, which is the i-mate version of the S100.

anyway, glad I might have allowed you to consider other possibilities as I am fairly passionate about the windows mobile platform although the P990 has sparked my interest having had a little play but I think its novelty value will probably wear off quickly when I do get it. we'll see, I'll keep a very open mind.

At the moment windows mobile devices like the k-jam just offer so much functionality and customisation and the biggest advance for the windows mobile 5 phone devices is the soft keys which allows me to do most things single handedly if needed.

never had a problem synchronising. I'm using the activesync 4 out of the box with office pro 2003. I must say now that activesync 4.1 has been made officially availble (its been unofficially available for ages) I still don't want to upgrade to it as it its working fine.
Lordmike
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-11-20 10:32
I will try ActiveSynch on another machine, my gf have Office 2003, so I will try on that one.

Im impressed by Windows Mobile 5, works great so far. P990 is still interresting, but if all I get is a bit faster system where I need apps like sman on a daily basis.. well then I will stick with Qtek and smaller SE phones like V800/W800.
3space
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 17:42
Hey all,

This is my first post. I received the JasJar (HTC Universal) 2 nights ago. OMG, the VGA SCREEN IS AMAZING!!! I can't go back to a QVGA again...

First shot, I was able to configure to see/connect with my WiFi router, and synchronize via bluetooth. Yesterday I successfully extened my capabilities to control my hacked xbox media center over wifi through internet explorer.

Typing is very easy with 2 thumbs. There are no hardware keys for the "Tasks" or "Notes" functions, but there are for the Contacts and Calendar. WiFi was important to me, because I want free calling at hotspots like Starbuck's and other free providers over SKYPE.

The speaker phone is clear and sufficiently loud. The thing I like most is to initiate the call, tap the "Speaker On" button, then click "Note" button. It automatically puts the person's name/number and the date/time of the call in the note header. You just start typing. Then, when you hit the Close button, it returns to the call screen. If you look in the notes folder, the file is not named "Note 1", but rather, it is named using , . It is very logical and handy.

I could go on and on about how I like it. The only thing, of course, is the size. I read so much about how huge it is, when I received it I was amazed at how small it actually was (compared with what I thought). As it turns out, it is actually a bit smaller than my iPAQ 3970 when in the plastic cover that comes with the device.

Overall, IMHO, compared with the Wizard, the JasJar is worth the extra size for the 640x480 VGA screen and the amazing keyboard (looks hot when it's lit up - the system automatically senses dark conditions at which time any keypress lights up the device's keyboard backlight).
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 17:44
welcome to Esato

it was a tough decision for me too but as you can see in my A couple of my mates. Meet JasJar and K-Jam (many pics) thread I decided to sell the JasJar and keep the k-jam, and I have never looked back
3space
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 17:49
Sorry, forgot to mention that after using 3 days, I have had no problems with battery drain. The Jabra BT800 Bluetooth headset allows you to initiate and answer and end calls as well as get caller ID right on headset screen, so calling done all with actual JasJar safely in briefcase. Very hot, very cooll!

L8r...
3space
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 18:07
Hey M,

Thanks for the response - excellent review that you did - thanks for the link.

I suppose that I shouldn't have given advice, as the choice is clearly very personal. It's a performance vs. form factor vs. needs choice. I was a bit psyched out by the OMAP 850 on the wizard, otherwise I may have ended up choosing that one. You had the opportunity to have both, and see for yourself which would be best for you, which is great! I think that lugging the ipaq 3970 around for 2.5 years along wiht my cell phone was training for lugging the jasjar around! Unlike the iPAQ, this unit does NOT turn on at midnight and drain the battery, losing everything by morning (called the "midnight freeze problem")!

Again, thanks for the great review!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 18:16
I'm an old ipaq man myself having had the 3650 since day 1 of ipaqs, then the 3870, 5450 with fingerprint recognition), 4100 and 4700 (with VGA) which led me up to my original
i-mate JAM last year... so I know where you are coming from with the midnight thing!
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-08 19:20
yes well im geting the universal next week to test from the operator and im already scared that it might swing me to buy it heh ... my mail device now is 9500 witch is my work phone i know that the universal is a much powerfull product and i am a bit of a geek hehehe

still 9500 will stay as the software for remote connection and mail sync from the corp. i work for still do not support the new win devices ill have to wait anyway

regards laz
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi