Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > htc wizard or htc universal?

Author htc wizard or htc universal?
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-27 22:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
where would i be without you SIR..........THANK YOU.........this is an amazing device btw
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-27 22:36
which suggestion worked?
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-27 22:53
sorry Masseur I should have said...... the soft reset..........its odd it must have been to do with the synch with laptop............i dont think there is an option to CONNECT to pc without doing the synch,,, i mean just for file sharing.........looking in to it just now. ......and it doesnt seem to have asked me if i wanted to make the msn sign on page the one that would appear when the home tab is clicked.......which in itself is odd.........but bear in mind this is the o2 version whereas you had the original......but thanks anyway and i am sure i wil be abck for more advice..........I love the new devices and am sometimes embarassed that people in the know like yourslef perhaps think they are wasted on me.........but i DO LOVE them lol
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-27 22:58
glad its sorted. whenever you get something strange, a quick soft reset is often all that is required. I still do one soft reset a day but probably more from habbit as windows mobile 5 (and WM2003SE) is so much more stable than earlier pocketpc O/S versions

I hope you're happy with this device. I'm sad mine has gone now but I'm still happy I made the right choice for me
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-27 23:41
I am im just going to kick myslef if it comes out on orange soon........fat chance huh?........and if i could have got it cheaper on an upgrade........maybe they will do the kjam and i could have both lol
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-27 23:53
can't remember where I read it but I did read that the Orange SPV5000 is available in switzerland this week
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 14:59
Hi again Masseur,
Had a bit of time now with it..........the problems i said before were to do with seting the themes i think every time i change the theme i have to do a soft reset.
Can you tell me a couple of other things if you remember.........i have set up many emai accounts..........the problem i am having is that it doesnt appear to allow editing the names of these once set up or if i have accidentally set the odd one up wrong ..........to delete them.
Also did you think the call volume was a bit low on your device? a bit like the k750's actually. And finally sorry for the onslaught btw......i take it i cant register with club i-mate because its the o2 version? the registration process tells me invalid imei number?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 15:08
not being able to change email account names has not been possible for as long as I can remember on pocketpc devices, and the thing is that its not wholly obvious at the point where it asks for the account name that that is what you should enter. certainly I have been caught out a few times...

I didn't have an issue with the volume but to be honest its a little large to be holding up to your face so I mostly used a bluetooth headset. Sound through the speakers was perfect ok though.

no, you'll only be able to sign up for i-mate support if you have an i-mate product. i-mate support is great IMHo and I have had a few live chats with their guys there as well as email exchanges
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 15:25
Thanks for that Masseur...........the email problem would have been annoying me for ages lol had u not said its not just me............does that mean you have like me tons of them?and half of them wrong lol? how can i delete the ones that are wrong...........yes you r of course right about the holding to ear..just getting caught out with the first few calls with speaker tweaking and end up lol ACTUALLY holding it to ear (but in the privacy of my own company lol)...the themes thing was THAT a problem for you and also the screen light although it conserves energy i cant seem to set it to stay on permanently wen i have the phone open and on the i-mate i tried again ....no joy...it says its either invalid number or pre registered
one other q if u dont mind............as i think i can rest easier if YOU confirm this as although O2 have im still hesitant.............wen im im on the internet it shows my home network through my router............ but it also says connected in front of the 02 gprs connection....O2 service person insists i wont be incurring gprs charges.........but the kind of person i am i just want to be sure and not have to arguw ith them next month that they said i wouldnt be when a bill for £1000's comes in.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 15:56
no, I'm a clean and tidy person so I delete any that are defined incorrectly.

To delete an email account, in messaging just click menu, tools, options. This lists the accounts, then press the stylus on the one you want to delete until the deletion option appears (see pic)

no ,I have not experienced a themes problem and using spb plus I have cycled through all the standard ones and the ones that come with spb plus.

in settings, systems tab, backlight, battery power tab you just need to untick the "turn off backlight if device is not used for..." checkbox then the backlight stays on permanantly.

i-mate is just like o2, they are companies that brand HTC products so its unlikely i-mate will let you register for support on their site unless you have one of their own products. O2 presumably have their own support site but U doubt ut will be as good as the i-mate one unfortunately.

Quote:
on the internet it shows my home network through my router

I'm not sure where you are looking but if you click the connectivity icon (in the top bar next to the signal meter) it will tell you if you if you are using gprs or wifi. you will also notice much better performance while using wifi so you will most definitly know what you are connected to.
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 16:59
Thanks once again sir.........the account which was wrong I deleted...the others are at least working so I will delete and RENAME them appropraitely when i feel more comfortable with the device, seeing as you cant edit the names.
I have tried your backlight reply...it was actually unticked anyway but i ticked and then unticked again.... but it still goes off automatically after 5 mins.and i have to press the power button again.
Re the gprs.......again that was where i was looking it actually shows my network with a bargraph...AND THE O2 GPRS says connected too
Can i be a pain and ask one final question for toda if you dont mind?
what method did u use to transfer contacts to the jasjar......ive tried many methods with no joy........i have the p910 with orange and obviously O2 with the xda exec
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 17:37
if you have done as I suggested, you're backlight is almost certainly not turning off. In fact the whole device is turning off as there is a separate setting in settings, system tab, power, advanced tab then "turn off device if not used for...". disable that and the device will stay on and the backlight will also stay on

I always sync my phones wih outlook to get contacts, calendar, notes, tasks etc over to the phones
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 17:46
bingo i had just done that befoe i read your post cheers re the backlight.......ah i dont use outlook so i will need to find another method thanks again for your help today......cheques made payable to?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-29 17:47
masseur.old.age.pension@esato.com

glad I've been helpful!
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-31 17:30
Hi again Masseur
I am finding it difficult to turn the device "OFF" AS OPPOSED to "SLEP" ie just the backlight off..........i never noticed it at the weekend as i always had it on charge and never realised but today whilst out and about the battery drained, when I presumed I had it turned "OFF" it must oly have been on sleep.........in your valued opinion is this a fault of the power button where it doesnt turn off completely?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi