Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > bluetooth against bush

Author bluetooth against bush
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-03 19:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
George w*nker bush is so full of sh*t....I can't wait till nov when we can all hopefully say good ridence to him and his neo nazi policys!!..Kerry might not be pefect but he is by far a better option than this dumb murdering f*ck bush!!...No doubt thousands of us will still be paying for his crimes long time after he's gone!!. [addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-04 13:28
T-Mobile blocked TXTmob messages during a portion of the RNC

It seems that wireless carrier T-Mobile blocked SMS messages during a portion of the RNC.

"As many of you are aware, T-Mobile blocked TXTmob messages during a portion of the RNC. While we won't speculate on the reasons for this action, it would be extremely helpful if the hundreds of customers who were unable to receive TXTMob messages called T-Mobile to complain.
[addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-04 13:46

Debates for your iPod

For this week only Audible and the iTunes Music Store have made the first round of the Bush/Kerry debates available as a free download for your iPod or other supported digital audio players. If you have iTunes you can get it here. And after you’re done listening to the debate check out the debate spotter text analysis tool. [addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-05 17:48
Ever wonder if you’re in red or blue territory? Wanna know who around you has been dumping money on the presidential candidates? Now you can find out, and in real-time as you move around, too. A new Java app from Gravity Monkey called red | blue (”Red or Blue”) for cellphones and other Java wireless devices plots out the political landscape based on your location. The maping your current location against the nearest individual campaign donor data taken from the Federal Elections Commission, which offers the info for free as a public service. If you are using a GPS-enabled device, it will even track your movement through the political waters, allowing you to avoid those boring stiffs or crazy pinko liberals like so many icebergs. Available for free from Handango.

http://www.gravitymonkey.com/gravity/monkey/redblue/

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2004-10-05 16:49 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-13 14:40

Bush using Spy Gadgetry

Usually politics and gadgets do not mix that well.The speculations and rumors of Bush using a wireless mini cueing system in the first presidential debate are making it into prime news media. German Spiegel magazine.for instance has a long article with several potential spy gadgets that can be used for wireless reception with a little nearly invisible ear plug.

The ComTek Communications Technology AP-230 Auto Prompter kit is on of those systems. It is a professional wireless cueing system used mostly i guess in the entertainment industry. More details on ComTek. See also coverage on The Register. The San Jose Mercury has a story on Edwards appearance on Jay Leno talking about Bush running on batteries.
[addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-20 19:39
This image showing what's really the cause of Bush's mystery bulge. I would consider posting this on MacMinute, but every time I mention Kerry or Bush I get a deluge of complaining emails.

[addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-10-27 19:18
Fahrenheit 9/11 free to download[/b] [addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-01 12:30
Sms: Pray to oust Bush

Throughout the first two weeks of their annual month of prayer and fasting, Nigerian Muslims have been bombarded by mobile telephone text messages urging them to pray for US President George W. Bush's defeat, according to www.24Hours.com.

"A few days to US presidential elections, join us in praying for the defeat of Bush, an arrogant bigger evil and enemy of Islam and Muslims. Please pass to 10 others," one of the messages read.

It is a campaign more likely to boost the profits of Nigeria's South African-run mobile telephone networks than unduly worry White House strategists, but the response on the streets of the northern city of Kano underlines the depth of anti-American sentiment here."

[addsig]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-07 16:56
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said.

Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct.

Bush actually received 365 votes in the precinct, Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, told The Columbus Dispatch.

State and county election officials did not immediately respond to requests by The Associated Press for more details about the voting system and its vendor, and whether the error, if repeated elsewhere in Ohio, could have affected the outcome.

Bush won the state by more than 136,000 votes, according to unofficial results, and Kerry conceded the election on Wednesday after acknowledging that 155,000 provisional ballots yet to be counted in Ohio would not change the result. (Full Ohio results)

The Secretary of State's Office said Friday it could not revise Bush's total until the county reported the error.

The Ohio glitch is among a handful of computer troubles that have emerged since Tuesday's elections. (Touchscreen voting troubles reported)

In one North Carolina county, more than 4,500 votes were lost because officials mistakenly believed a computer that stored ballots electronically could hold more data than it did. And in San Francisco, a malfunction with custom voting software could delay efforts to declare the winners of four races for county supervisor.

In the Ohio precinct in question, the votes are recorded onto a cartridge. On one of the three machines at that precinct, a malfunction occurred in the recording process, Damschroder said. He could not explain how the malfunction occurred.

Damschroder said people who had seen poll results on the election board's Web site called to point out the discrepancy. The error would have been discovered when the official count for the election is performed later this month, he said.

The reader also recorded zero votes in a county commissioner race on the machine.

Workers checked the cartridge against memory banks in the voting machine and each showed that 115 people voted for Bush on that machine. With the other machines, the total for Bush in the precinct added up to 365 votes.

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, a glitch occurred with software designed for the city's new "ranked-choice voting," in which voters list their top three choices for municipal offices. If no candidate gets a majority of first-place votes outright, voters' second and third-place preferences are then distributed among candidates who weren't eliminated in the first round. (E-vote goes smoothly, but experts skeptical)

When the San Francisco Department of Elections tried a test run on Wednesday of the program that does the redistribution, some of the votes didn't get counted and skewed the results, director John Arntz said.

"All the information is there," Arntz said. "It's just not arriving the way it was supposed to."

A technician from the Omaha, Neb. company that designed the software, Election Systems & Software Inc., was working to diagnose and fix the problem.

[addsig]
Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2004-11-26 07:12
Ah! I love the USA. Thank you American Voters.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-26 17:21
Quote:

On 2004-11-26 07:12:15, Patrick-in-CA wrote:

Oh hey have u just got out of bed or u been livin under a rock!!...election is old news chum..Sums up all you republicans!

And btw you can thank only half of facist americans for a victory!

Anyway at least now we know he will never get re-elected again!

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2004-11-26 18:21 ]
london-uk
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2004-11-27 04:07
[quote]
On 2004-11-26 17:21:49, axxxr wrote:

--------------

In my opinion, fascism is not a word which can be applied to the current Govenment, nor the electorate of the USA. In fact, it seems wholly inaccurate. Fascism def: "A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism."

Whereas you might be able to apply a certain amount of the above criterion (in a watered down version) to the US, it seems inappropriate to do so. Considering the precedents regarding fascism (e.g. Benito Mussolini & Adolf Hitler), I find it disrespectful to all the people who suffered through WW2 to apply the same label to Bush. Bush does not exemplify fascist ideals (he might display views which you do not agree with, however they are nothing compared to WW2).

In general, I do not agree with Mr Bush's views regarding the economy of his country (in macro-economical terms, his policies are severely flawed). In addition, I find his foreign policy to be fatally simplified and utterly dangerous.

When Bush recently visited the U.K., I went out in London and spoke to several protesters. I asked them why they were opposed to his visit. The majority of answers I received were frankly shocking. They ranged from :"...it's the war 'innit..." to "...it's the oil man...". Whilst there may be certain discrepancies regarding Haliburton and their involvement re Cheney, this cannot masquerade as a credible reason to oppose the war. I have found that the majority of people who oppose Bush, have no idea of what is actually going on. They are simply hopping on the bandwagon. The majority of these people have no knowledge of policies or processess extending beyond what they have seen on the television.

I do actively oppose the majority of Bush's policies. However, I almost find the ignorance of the 'hippy brigade' more frightening than the US foreign policy.

Signed
A concerned European [addsig]
Patrick-in-CA
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2005-01-03 18:19
Quote:

On 2004-11-26 17:21:49, axxxr wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-11-26 07:12:15, Patrick-in-CA wrote:

Oh hey have u just got out of bed or u been livin under a rock!!...election is old news chum..Sums up all you republicans!

Hey, don't hold all republicans to my low standards. Remember, one of us happens to be the recently re-elected President of the United States. Not bad for a group of people you feel are "livin under a rock". LOL LOL
Quote:

Don't you love Democracy! YeeHaa!!!!
Quote:
Anyway at least now we know he will never get re-elected again!

You're right on that count. As long as the Constitution continues to be honored, elections will go forward in another 4 years and the US will have another great debate about how to move forward. For now, Bush carried the day. Conservative values and ideas garnered the vote. Slim ... very slim majority. Welcome to American Democracy (or as you've put it - fascism).

I'll most likely crawl under the rock I've been hiding under, but I want you (and every one else) to know that, despite our clear disagreements, I appreciate you having contributed your thoughts to the debate (and your news clippings too). This kind of open debate is extremely healthy for the democratic process in our republic. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to take part in it this time around.

Thanks - Patrick
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-24 20:27
Patrick excuse me but i've been a liittle busy elsewhere..Its a mobilephone forum you see....So i had other important work to take care of....Anyway your making it sound like this discussion is over...No No No!...Not by a long shot pal!

Remember our hero Joshua Kinberg?He was the guy who had the SMS-enabled chalk-printing bike that got him arrested for printing protest messages during the RNC. Well, if you were curious as to his whereabouts, he’s officially now out on ACD (”Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal”), which means his case will be dropped if he’s not arrested within the next 6 months. But the real bonus is that unlike a lot of Critical Mass people we’ve heard about, he’s actually going to get his Parsons-thesis project bike back.

[addsig]
below24
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-24 20:48
@axxxr,
PM
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic