Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Your reason for disliking Nokia?

Author Your reason for disliking Nokia?
Flying Finn
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-31 14:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
And why is it that Nokia fans never (well, hardly ever) start threads like this about SE or some other company, post immature comments about their new models (like "OMG!! Nokia sucks bigtime!! SE is the best!" ..ehm) etc. My theory: they are satisfied with what they have, they don't feel the need to.
virtualtears
Z600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-31 23:25
Its funny, I saw a post like this on a Nokia-based message board asking the question "why do you hate sony ericsson?" and there were only a handful of replies saying mainly because their users hate us! Anyway... personally, I don't hate Nokia. Not at all. My first major mobile was a 7110 (when it was first released), its was a technological breakthrough at the time. It still works to this day as my father now has it and uses it a fair bit. Not once have we had a major problem with it. The next phone after that I bought was a SE T65. Great little phone, amazing battery life and decent features. My major gripe is that its so damn slow, especially for text messages. I have that as my backup phone now. Now I have a Nokia 7210. Flame all you want, I don't care. It has everything that I CURRENTLY want in a phone, its fast, stable, has the features I will actually use, it looks good (in my opinion) and its easy to use (yes, including the keypad that suits my big fingers). At the moment, I don't need bluetooth, a huge 16/24bit colour screen and a built-in camera. Its true, Nokia do release a hell of a lot of similar phone, maybe too many. That doesn't mean mine automatically becomes 'out of date' and that I have to 'update my phone'. As for the price, yes, Nokia phones aren't cheap but if you shop around you will find a bargain sooner or later. Concerning SE phones being technologically superior... so what? If I wanted all those features then I would buy a SE phone. I don't see the point of griping about Nokia all the time, because without Nokia, SE wouldnt have much of a competiton and it wouldn't produce such good phones without the drive of competiton. My conclusion; it's good to have the choice between all of the manufacturers. There's never going to be a single manufacturer that I will stick by, as my demands in a mobile change so will my choice of manufacturer. At the moment I want a 'fun' phone as I'm not in permanent work right now, so my 7210 with colour screen, java, mms, radio, etc. will keep me occupied until my circumstances change. When I open my own business, I will probably invest in a SE, as they seem more business orientated with PDA-like features for when I am on the go at meetings, etc. At the end of the day, you should buy what suits you and not anyone else, and if thats a Nokia, then so be it.
veon18
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-04-01 02:42
virtual tears
i dunno about the 7210, never tried it before
however about ur last sentence, u can say that again!
gaix
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-04 17:11
In the city where i live, there are many Nokia service centres set up at various places. And they are usually crowded! They are not giving freebies for sure, just giving their users headaches.... dropped calls, missing sms, automatic shut-down, failed LCDs... the list goes on. Being surrounded by Nokia users, i hear them.

Just today, a friend of mine showed me how he has to drop his 6510 on the table several times when it blanks out.

They may cough up many models, but they sure aren't thinking much about quality. That's why my mobile has been Ericsson, of course now SonyEricsson, since the first mobile i owned.

jbendaou
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-04-04 17:52
i dont like Nokia, cause it is not SonyEricsson......hahaha
The T68i God, P800 Dumper, T610 believer, the K700i lover, the P910 what, oh the K750i?
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-04-05 02:15
I have a basic fear of the letter "N".
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-04-05 02:29
soNyericssoN :-D Oops! Sorry pachy!

This message was posted from a T68i

Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-04-05 04:35
Nokia is for people with an IQ below 90. Do a little research and you'll find out that nokia users don't even know half of it's capabilities. They just get a high-end Nokia to make calls.

This message was posted from a P800

veon18
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-04-05 06:51
kru, being an SE fan i am totally disgusted with ur statement, for some ppl mobile phones isnt their life and many big businessman doesnt care what features their mobile offers as long as they can communicate that's all, leaving that statement and being such ignorant jerk certainly leaves u at a low IQ category
nocturnalchipmunk
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-04-05 07:13
i happen to hate motorola more than nokia, cuz of nokia's 7650 and 3650 ( nice phones ). motorola's phones act ALL THE SAME! well, i guess that's the same story with nokia. well, i just hate motorola more but that may just be me.
Taste the rainbow, sweetheart!
^ Brings Back Memories, eh? I Miss All of you Garbagians!
Jowi
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-04-05 10:58
overpriced
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi