Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > No more updates for satio

Previous  123 456 ... 121314  Next
Author No more updates for satio
Northerner
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 13:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I would agree. Overall it does have some bugs but so do many other phones. 90% of the time it works just fine. $E must still be funding R&D into Symbian as they released further phones with this OS albeit they also have bugs!

Years gone by I always purchased $ony products because of the quality and support, this over the years has become very poor and I dumped my PS3 because of it. They portray this image that their name/brand is high quality but in reality its fairly standard to other similar products offered by other manufacturers. Its no surprise that $E don’t come forward with support for their phones tbh. It’s the old saying “Caveat emptor” (buyer beware) when it comes to their products.
Slashpepper
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 16:01
Oh I don't know, the sheer number of new features they've added to the PS3 since it's launched is pretty staggering, I quite like being able to play videos from my phone through the PS3 wirelessly onto my TV. The 3D gaming recently is intrieging, though my PC does it far better, it's still a good step forward for the console. Doesn't help the Satio, but I do like to be a positive voice every so often
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 16:39
-pitched tricked into a great marketing scheme
-bought the so called FLAGSHIP phone that could supposedly do so many wonderful things (now, when most car companies make a flagship vehicle, this is their chance to create a lasting brand image and to wow customers with innovative engineering, design and quality, AND YOU CALL SATIO A FLAGSHIP!?)
-a horrible first impression
-extremely inefficient & laggy user interface, a phone that freezed daily,( usually several times a day for me)
-laggy video recording with bad audio recording quality.
-weak aftermarket and application support (bad quality hand me down apps from Nokia phones)
-frustrating days, weeks, and months before a less than satisfactory update
-in which the update took away our availability to hack the phone to get the apps we want, yes people hack their phones so they can be happier with them, please get over yourselves and open your eyes to this fact because we're not just going to sit back and purchase your horrible and expensive applications.

You weren't tricked into anything, you knew full well that the Satio comes with the generic S60 user interface, it is up to you, the buyer, to resarch the product before you purchase it. If you dislike the interface then that is a personal preference, you should have tried the phone before purchasing it, it isn't SE's problem that you personally do not like the interface. The "freezing" that you speak of doesn't occur with the majority of Satios after updates so you clearly have a faulty unit, the phone is not laggy, as you can see on the hundreds of you tube videos, so again you have a faulty unit. Video recording is as promised VGA at 30 FPS, no-body once said that the Satio excelled in video recording, the adverts clearly stated that the main features of the Satio were the 12MP camera and the ability to download "1000's of apps online". Again SE clearly stated that there are 1000's of apps available online, which is true, if they are not to your taste that is not SE's fault, it has little to do with SE as they advertising that you can download apps anywhere, so 3rd party applications. Also, you can't criticise SE for taking away the ability to hack your phone, this is perfectley acceptable as you are not supposed to hack your phone, it is in SE's and your best intrest for the ability to be taken away, otheriwse your phone would be prone to issues.

Anyway I'm not saying the Satio is perfect, however everything that has been promised has been deliverd so there is little room to complain.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 17:47
ok what exactly is delivered by this satio??? Entertainment Unlimited, lets not forget that..
Media player lacks: EQ, Queue function (G900 had it), Auto playlist (play recently added, most played, least played, time machine), and it has no search function. Do you think i enjoy browsing throug 400-500 artists? And that number is growing.. (i say artists because tracks are 3x as much).

Camera: Slow and very laggy interface, focus is in the menu (bad placing - it should be on desktop), horrible compression - takes 3-4 seconds to apply a simple focus change or simple EV change. WVGA video sometimes stutters. (also on the Vivaz, so dont give me "its a faulty unit".. My dad has it, my dads friend has it, and other members have it..). and the RER doenst do a thing. + that it has nothing special, no advanced settings like FF, ISO, sharpness, etc.

And now the magic name: Entertainment Unlimited = Cybershot + Walkman in 1 phone.. Well where exactly do i find eighter one in the Satio? Not to mention the hard navigation because no kinetic scrolling (browse hundreds of files with a bar... myeah fun times ahead).. Unorganized file manager when selecting a ringtone for someone (shows me all there is on the phone + card - WAS IT SO HARD TO MAKE A FILTER??? ). And OFC we are in 2009 and still NO DIVIX SUPPORT IN PHONE. Come on! that is almost a standard in other high end phones!

So i dont get it what is delivered from what was promised. Dude if you release a flagship, support it FFS, add eveything you have to it. Weaker phones had more functions than this Flagship.. (G900 media player was excelent) There was such a big fuss before this phone was released, Satio this, Satio that, and now nothing.

EDIT: and adding a 1000mA battery in this phone is a pure brainless thing.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-06-22 16:50 ]
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 19:29

As I said earlier you purchased the phone, you should have resarched the product before purchasing it. SE never once said that the phone would come with equaliser or auto playlists, if the phone you want doens't come with features you require don't buy it, end of, don't buy it with the hope that the features are avaiable. The issue with kinetic scrolling agains boils down with you resarching the phone, you knew full well the phone is basically generic S60, if you resarched the Satio you would have known this.

I think you are forgetting there is no rule as to what a flagship product has to contain, don't blame SE if you have created your own standards as to what a flagship of 09 should require.
[ This Message was edited by: 10123 on 2010-06-22 18:31 ]
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 22:19
well excuse me if i expect an Equalizer and a decent camera in 2009.. Thank god they have promissed the battery.. Otherwise we would need to buy that too.. Then WHAT did I exactly pay for? WHAT costed so much in this phone?? I thougt that more $ = more knowledge (stuff in phone). Seems like at $ony Eric$$on this statement is false. And even if we got what we where promissed (i still dont believe that, but what the heck), does that mean $E just needs to ignore the Satio? To ignore all the fans? I dont think this is a huge request. We are not asking for a metal to gold converter but simple addons. Nomatter how you look at this, it's still $E's fault. They have milked us from our $, and they have grabbed the 5800 firmware and snapped it into a new chasis and thats it. Oh excuse me... they have added a new homescreen (one that is useless and NON customizable - and all the videos at launch where about the homescreen, like it would have been something from outer space) and a media that is half as good as from previous $E phones. And now they ditch it. Atleast if they would have given us a bigger battery for that money :/ (take the phone, no features, but it has a good battery). Sorry if i expected more from a 400euro phone from 2009 that was the most powerful $E phone. Guess i made a mistake trusting the "flagship" name. More correct is: i made a mistake trusting the company. After all these i am glad it is able to do calls. Dont know about you and $E, but when I make a mistake, i try to correct it.
The least they could have do is make the screen scratch resistand or metal back cover for that money..
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
AntonioX
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 22:47
@10123 I expect my satio to keep it's time & mine & others don't SE don't fix this bug why is that?
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 00:46
@10123

you work for sony ericsson dont you?

There telling you what to write on here? Arent they?

Check out the petition that was made for the satio it has a lot of complaints that are to do with basic things i'm pretty sure you will be surprised with some peoples comments as some cant even pick up calls. Also i did reseach before i got the phone but the camera promised is shit (and you cant have an excuse for the camera)
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 07:12

On 2010-06-22 19:29:48, 10123 wrote:

I think you are forgetting there is no rule as to what a flagship product has to contain, don't blame SE if you have created your own standards as to what a flagship of 09 should require.
[ This Message was edited by: 10123 on 2010-06-22 18:31 ]

Fact is, even as restricting as APPLE, dispite all the hardware drawbacks, they improve on their software, enhanced user experience and function. Iphone was buggy and even get sms right at the start, but look where it is NOW? The first version can still run 3.2 OS with tons of improvement after over two years.

THen SE's own past track record shows they DO follow up with their phones with improvenments, therefore supports have faith in them!

Yet this appear not the case for Satio.

in order to stay in the game, you can't just sit on your hands, make your own fans angry isn't a smart move at all!

So, when Iphone fans pull more user to iphone, SE supports with Satio will do the following:

Friend: Should i get this X10 / X8 (or whatever SE throws out.)

Satio owner: Nah, don't touch that, get something else...why? soft ware support suck, look at this phone, see how crap it is, it can't even get T9 right!!

Where as Moto succeeded in stopping their looses, SE won't with this kind of Support to their supporters!
[ This Message was edited by: jackau on 2010-06-23 06:15 ]
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 08:06

On 2010-06-22 16:39:54, 10123 wrote:
-pitched tricked into a great marketing scheme
-bought the so called FLAGSHIP phone that could supposedly do so many wonderful things (now, when most car companies make a flagship vehicle, this is their chance to create a lasting brand image and to wow customers with innovative engineering, design and quality, AND YOU CALL SATIO A FLAGSHIP!?)
-a horrible first impression
-extremely inefficient & laggy user interface, a phone that freezed daily,( usually several times a day for me)
-laggy video recording with bad audio recording quality.
-weak aftermarket and application support (bad quality hand me down apps from Nokia phones)
-frustrating days, weeks, and months before a less than satisfactory update
-in which the update took away our availability to hack the phone to get the apps we want, yes people hack their phones so they can be happier with them, please get over yourselves and open your eyes to this fact because we're not just going to sit back and purchase your horrible and expensive applications.

You weren't tricked into anything, you knew full well that the Satio comes with the generic S60 user interface, it is up to you, the buyer, to resarch the product before you purchase it. If you dislike the interface then that is a personal preference, you should have tried the phone before purchasing it, it isn't SE's problem that you personally do not like the interface. The "freezing" that you speak of doesn't occur with the majority of Satios after updates so you clearly have a faulty unit, the phone is not laggy, as you can see on the hundreds of you tube videos, so again you have a faulty unit. Video recording is as promised VGA at 30 FPS, no-body once said that the Satio excelled in video recording, the adverts clearly stated that the main features of the Satio were the 12MP camera and the ability to download "1000's of apps online". Again SE clearly stated that there are 1000's of apps available online, which is true, if they are not to your taste that is not SE's fault, it has little to do with SE as they advertising that you can download apps anywhere, so 3rd party applications. Also, you can't criticise SE for taking away the ability to hack your phone, this is perfectley acceptable as you are not supposed to hack your phone, it is in SE's and your best intrest for the ability to be taken away, otheriwse your phone would be prone to issues.

Anyway I'm not saying the Satio is perfect, however everything that has been promised has been deliverd so there is little room to complain.

10123, I invite you to not give your opinions in this specific topic as they are not based on any facts and/or first hand experience. You obviously have nothing to share here except for the youtube videos that you have seen (in which by the way, I'm sure you haven't viewed all 'hundreds' of videos that showed the Satio working 'perfectly and without lag). I can make a youtube video of my Satio working too but that doesn't mean it is not laggy. I actually cannot even believe I am responding to you about this topic. Again, you are not qualified to comment on this topic when you have ZERO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE. Please go back to your forums and contribute there. Thousands among thousands (at the very least) of SE users will agree with me.

You have completely failed your argument even before you read this thread, why? because you simply have no idea, no experience, nothing to back up your claims. You are playing the devils advocate simply because you want to, not because you know what you are talking about. You believe that SE did all that they could, you believe SE delivered their promised product, yes yes, you believe, you believe, seems like you've fallen for SE's marketing the worst as they are the masters of MAKING us BELIEVE, huh?

My Satio can't even follow simple commands, faulty phone? please stop...Satio community know too well that the Satio has difficulty following simple commands, of course you wouldn't know...OF COURSE! I don't even need to go down the list of failures my Satio commits on a daily basis as they are all very well known in this forum, if you just bothered to do any sort of research before kissing SE's imaginary booty.

Why do I constantly attack the fact that you have no first hand experience with the Satio? Because you don't and you need to accept this fact so that you will quickly realize your failure in this argument and go back to your own forum.

Good lord...people commenting on subjects as if they were fact when they have no experience. That's the internet for you guys! Truly something to laugh out loud at.
[ This Message was edited by: Monaco on 2010-06-23 07:14 ]
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 17:59
Your argument has totally fallen apart as I do indeed own a Satio, and have done since December and has since then been my primary phone. I only suggested you look at youtube videos to back up my argument as I am (obviously) not going to visit you to show my Satio.

You repeat the same point several times yet fail to bring-up any of my points that I made, clearly you agree but would hate to admit it, why else would you bring-up the same point? I suggest you read my initial post again and try to come up with an argument for each point, then again that would be a waste of time, as it would be impossible to do so as all my points are indeed correct.
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 18:05
@jackau

Se don't have to do anything, if you bought the product under the illusion that they would add new features then that is your problem as there is little substance to back this claim up. Never did it say anywhere that SE would update the Satio with new features.
[ This Message was edited by: 10123 on 2010-06-23 17:06 ]
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 18:09
@ basithz

Well clearly they have a faulty unit, send the phone to SE for repair as I and many others do not have this issue.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 19:53
well never mind new features or improvements to existing features - since the last update my Satio will not play recorded video without stuttering and pausing, it's quite embarrassing actually as the playback is unwatchable, don;t forget these people are getting exposure to a high end SE device that is supposed to be all singing and dancing, I just want my Satio to work as intended if they throw in a few improvments well and good..................but get it fixed please.

I have owned SE phones for the last 14 years, if this is not fixed "and quickly" it will be the last SE device I will ever have, I will also tell all my friends to stay away from them, now how many times have you read that here ??
[ This Message was edited by: gharknes1 on 2010-06-23 18:54 ]
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 21:20
Add me to the list of people who wont be buying an SE device again if Satio has been abandoned
I had a K850i before this and thought that was poorly serviced with support but this is disgusting
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic