Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > RE: P990. Is SE listening?

Author RE: P990. Is SE listening?
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-29 01:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2007-01-28 17:30:22, intelegent115 wrote:
Yes ares i know it was.. but can you even call that a new FW? Some people fell like they downgraded not the other way around.

Thats the worste thing i have heard in a long time. This new f/w does GREAT for the phone. Yes, there is still more to do. But with this its like a new phone

[ This Message was edited by: Tail on 2007-01-29 00:59 ]
intelegent115
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-01-30 22:15
I dont understand the word "worste".. You go ahead Tail and say what ever you want i am just saying what others told me. After update in beginning of january my P990i is somehow better but not much. I hope there is more to come from SE in upcomming FW.
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-01-30 22:21
Well if I can be called 'others' too, I will say that in my case the new fw is fantastic improvement of P990's performance. Starting with much better memory management, better multitasking capacity, amazing video player etc.

[ This Message was edited by: koto on 2007-01-30 21:23 ]
koolezt
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-02-04 05:44
New firmware is definitely a great stability improvement, with visibly enhanced RAM-management. IMHO, the P990 was oversold or under-equipped with RAM, and while the R4A13 organizer reduces the issue, the phone is still below reasonable expectation based on SE's marketing claim of
Quote:
A 3G smartphone that lets you leave your PC behind while travelling, yet access everything you need for effective communication

Regarding communications to SE: I have looked and found no corporate email addresses (Why am I not surprised?), but this and this suggest postal address
Quote:
Miles Flint, President
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
Sony Ericsson House
202 Hammersmith Road
W6 7DN London
UK

better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
madmoroccan
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-04 11:36
i too have to agree that r9 is an excellent upgrade, BUT this is how the phone should have been released! even now it isn't perfect. in fact a public apology would go a long way towards making up for bieng used as guinea pigs.
intelegent115
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-02-04 12:01
I think i need to change my previous opinion. Just recently i have tried the application called "Tweak Peaks", and i must say that the phone works quite faster now. I do not use Swiss Manager anymore. I think that SE should look @ swiss and tweak peaks and make a similar solution in new FW. Maybe add something else so the phone will be even faster. I must say that even now i am not complaining. Week ago i wanted to sell my phone and tweak peaks believe it or not changed my mind.
koolezt
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-10-10 15:03
Are you happy with SE's treatment? Open Letter to the new CEO

Remember how SE said their flagship P990 would let the user "leave your PC behind while travelling, yet access everything you need for effective communication"? And of course you know they decided in July to "freeze the P990, W950 and M600 firmware versions at this point [because] the firmware releases meet the requirements of bug fixes" even in the face of publicized p990i and m600i bug-lists.

So you're less than thrilled with SE's customer-communications and the way they've treated their UIQ3-early-adopters. Well, the new CEO Hideki 'Dick' Komiyama's assumes office Nov 1 and now's your chance to get his attention early.

There's a lively discussion thread in the my-symbian.com UIQ 3 forum, launching an open letter to Mr Komiyama. All you need to do is read the letter, then log in if you're already a forum member or complete a (free) registration if you're not, and add your name to the signature-list.

EDIT: Simplified viewing procedure, deleting of distractions, and minor re-wording.

This post was crafted with Pawsoft Fass, the (F)orum (ass)istant

[ This Message was edited by: koolezt on 2007-10-12 13:07 ]
_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 01:51

HEY YOU that are going to IGNORE what I'm writing here !!

PLEASE, read the post *above* and contribute with a signature OK?
Are you an SE fan? So why don't you DO your part?

We all thank you
prart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 08:02
All first batch uiq3 phones users (especially p990) - it`s our chance to show SE our opinion about their customers attitude. I signed the letter and many others too, now it`s your part! yes, YOUR!
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 10:39
I registered but the attachment is missing and looks like the signatures have already been sent.
and being a newbie there,i cant post for the first 24 hrs

Why wasn't a new thread made in Esato informing Esatonians about that signature campaign??
prart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 11:04
Attachment is there and you can post right after you register (as done by many new members) - you must be doing something wrong, please try again!

[ This Message was edited by: prart on 2007-10-11 10:04 ]
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 11:13
Nope,i cant...
i get this message:

"Sorry, you must be registered on this site for more than 24 hours to post messages in existing threads and to create new topics. Please spend your first days on getting familiar with the existing contents. Tens of thousands of existing posts and topics probably cover most of the questions you would like to ask. Use our Search function to quickly locate requested content. We appreciate your patience. Such a restriction is required on a forum with thousands of users and hundreds of new registrations a day."
aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 14:01
Guys. Please be patient, I understand the frustration of waiting for 24 hours before posting.

The link will be valid for at least the next week if not longer as the letter will also be distirbuted at the smartphone show, as well as emailed en masse to SE next week.

We are looking at trying to set up a signature thread on other forums, including esato.

Thanks for your patience. Please make the effort to sign and show SE how many smartphone users are making a stand !
koolezt
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-10-12 13:13
dr_thug: Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm. You should be able to post your signature now. And there's now a new thread informing Esatonians.
koolezt
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-10-17 22:48
SE's UIQ3-phone users' open letter to the new CEO is being featured on Digg and slashdot. If you want to add your voice and help highlight the poor customer communications, you can Digg it at http://digg.com/gadgets/Dissa[....]smartphone_customers_speak_out and slashdot it at http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl. Filter slashdot's firehose with "Sony Ericsson".
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi