Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Are you happy with SE's treatment? Open Letter to the new CEO

12  Next
Author Are you happy with SE's treatment? Open Letter to the new CEO
koolezt
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 03:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Remember how SE said their flagship P990 would let the user "leave your PC behind while travelling, yet access everything you need for effective communication"? And of course you know they decided in July to "freeze the P990, W950 and M600 firmware versions at this point [because] the firmware releases meet the requirements of bug fixes" even in the face of publicized p990i and m600i bug-lists.

So you're less than thrilled with SE's customer-communications and the way they've treated their UIQ3-early-adopters. Well, the new CEO Hideki 'Dick' Komiyama's assumes office Nov 1 and now's your chance to get his attention early.

There's a lively discussion thread in the my-symbian.com UIQ 3 forum, launching an open letter to Mr Komiyama. All you need to do is read the letter, then log in if you're already a forum member or complete a (free) registration if you're not, and add your name to the signature-list.

EDIT: Simplified viewing procedure, deleting of distractions, and minor re-wording.
This post was crafted with Pawsoft Fass, the (F)orum (ass)istant

[ This Message was edited by: koolezt on 2007-10-12 15:05 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-11 09:30
I encourage anyone to sign this letter who has had problems with P990 or M600. It's important to let SE know that people are not happy with the response of SE on the issues.

Let's also remember that P990 is now stable, so what we want from SE is better customer responsiveness, and more reliable firmware from the start, as opposed to trying to remedy the P990 which is a past issue now? (they may have a bug list, but the fact is most people who still own a P990 are now happy with the firmware)

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-10-11 13:14 ]
aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 14:06
Please also see my post in this thread.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=138769&start=60

Unfortunately due to the forum rules there, newly registered members can only view attachments and post replies 24 hours after joining....however the letter will be distributed at the Symbian smartphone show on 16-17 Oct, as well as emailed en masse to SE after that.
So there's plenty of time .

I'd encourage all SE smartphone users to consider signing this letter.

Thanks !

[ This Message was edited by: aqualung on 2007-10-11 13:07 ]
prart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 14:36
Sign it (I did) and make it BIG!
tuxlearner
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 16:16
http://digg.com/software/Unha[....]ent_Open_Letter_to_the_new_CEO

PLEASE DIGG THIS ARTICLE , SO THAT MORE PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF THE LETTER AND SIGN IT!
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 17:34
Thanks for making this thread

I will sign it tomorrow after the "Newbies-can't-post-in -first-24-hours" is over.

@aqualung,How about getting a print of all the signatures and presenting it to the new SE CEO??Who is going to distribute these letters?Will anyone personally talk to the new CEO representing us??
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 18:50
I would like to make a small clarification to the open letter:
Some users have said that the M600 and the W950 are not mentioned in the letter. This was thought over when formulating the letter and the phrase "first generation UIQ3 devices" was used to cover all three phones, P990, M600 and W950.
P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
Symbiangeeza
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 19:05
In my view, i feel that this is a fruitless exercise.The best way to make SE take heed is to do what i did, and that's purchase another brand of phone(Nokia).By hitting them in the pocket they'll soon realise the error of their untenable ways.Most people get hurt by financial losses.

This message was posted from a WAP device
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-11 19:17
I'm sorry, I've been putting off saying this all day long but after thinking long and hard about it, I'm going to say it anyway:

If you truly want people to sign this petition / letter, why not make it available to the general public instead of forcing people to join your forum, making a point of your 'useful Google ads in every page'?

Many people on here are well aware of the excellent my-symbian site anyway, I'm sure it doesn't need borderline spamming techniques to gain regular visitors.

And don't forget that Google adsense is very strict indeed, even what you said in the first post could be wrongly assessed as enticing visitors to click on google ads which is completely against the rules.

Sorry, but these thinly veiled attempts to grab visitors really do get on my t**s. In fact, I might write a similar letter myself, host it on one of my servers with a simple PHP script to allow visitors to add their names and comments, join your forum and post the link there. After 24 hours, that is...

aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 20:40
@Cycovision

Comments like that do not deserve a response but I feel obliged to clarify.

This is not a thinly veiled attempt to garner anything, least of all your grudging support.

FYI the letter was drawn up over the past 48 hours by forum members who collaborated to produce a succcint and accurate version of the issues and complaints UIQ 3 users have.
Obviously it is not possible to co-ordinate a mass-editing over several different forums without spending 24/7 online.

Go right ahead and write your own letter, do as you please.

But please refrain from posting snide comments and making inaccurate generalisations.

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: aqualung on 2007-10-11 19:42 ]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-11 20:47
Then may I suggest that the first post is edited to clarify your intentions? Whatever you decide to do, drop the reference to google ads. Another member has already mentioned it and I agree, it makes the post look decidedly spam-like.

My comments were neither snide nor ill informed given the information in the first post.

Obviously it is not possible to co-ordinate a mass-editing over several different forums without spending 24/7 online.

Fair enough. But my point remains. I'm all for your petition / letter actually and if I'm still welcome, I'll gladly join up and contribute.

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2007-10-11 19:54 ]
aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 21:07
'Course you are !

@Dr Thug, the letter has already been couriered to the new CEO. The close of the letter contains a link to the signatures thread.
Printouts of the letter will, as I said,be handed out to the SE reps at the smartphone show.

Printing out the signatures would take too long. Courtesy dictates that the CEO gets the letter first, hence it was sent off yesterday. We have several days to gather signatures before the link will be 'accessed'.

Once we've allowed a decent time for the CEO to receive the letter, distribution begins at the show, plus online via email to SE.

*edit* the letter is now hosted at

http://www.bli.com.ar/openletter/open.html

for public viewing ( actual formatting of the letter is slightly different and includes several pointedly italicised words )If you agree with the contents, we welcome your signature
Thanks all

[ This Message was edited by: aqualung on 2007-10-11 20:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: aqualung on 2007-10-11 20:20 ]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-11 21:29
Excellent! Count me in!
aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 21:33
Thank you
PH
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 23:50
I am member of both forums and am really happy this initiative is here and there. I have also Dugg the article so that it goes more popular.

And as for the argument that you can always impact SE by buying Nokia is true but on the other hand your act will not be as real and disturbing for SE versus an open letter like this one. We are getting some chances to get heard by the bosses of SE and to fix our beloved brand, if still fixable.

Aqualung - thank you again for your efforts to coordinate this. Thank you also on this forum.
Best regards,
PH

Visit my blog: http://amator72.blogspot.com/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi