Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Apple warning on unlocked iPhones

Author Apple warning on unlocked iPhones
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-09-28 18:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-09-28 18:22:03, Daedalus85 wrote:
why the hell are we arguing so much across several threads for something thats ultimately a pointless device,

Whoa! hold up kiddy...two of the greatest devices in recent history getting rolled into one is a big deal by anyones standard..

first of all the phone, undoubtedly the greatest communication tool man has ever come up with..... without the phone, there would be no internet, sky tv, mobiles, banks letting you get money out all over the world (no atms) life would be not so rosy...

then along came the apple iPod.. not the first Mp3 player but it's the iPod that bought mp3 players to the masses along with a drop dead sexy design, has revolutionised the way we carry and think about music..

so then along comes a phone and an iPod!? that's big news, I know of no other phone with an 8gb micro drive in it... or any other phone that has an iPod on it...

while the iPhone might be what we have to come to expect of phones, it is Apples first attempt (and they are American), people gunned down cds when they were first launched, now look where we are, we've gone through, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD and now we are on DVD, DVD R9, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+/- RW and DVD +/- DL.... and just coming into the mass market BluRay and HD-DVD.... without CDs, the next generation would not be as it is, just think of the iPhone like that, small acorns grow into big oak trees......

Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-28 21:14
8GB ipod with a crap phone bolted in one hand

8GB M2 card in a P1i in the other

umm, you do the math.

Ok, maybe not the worlds best example, but really, I laugh every time I read the promo material we've been given for the iPhone, I mean what in the name of everything is so 'revolutionary' about it?
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-09-28 21:23
once you play with one you'll understand.. there a lot of things that the interface does that truly makes it a great device to use...i moved over from a p1i which i loved.. but the iphone so has just been more fun...

[ This Message was edited by: DragonEye on 2007-09-28 20:23 ]
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2007-09-28 21:47
People who haven't tried an iPhone can't possible understand how great a device it is to use. Its so simple and easy to use, yes it has flaws and some are major, how every it more than makes it for these with fantastic software and stunning design.

Plus lets not forget every phone has flaw's and this is apples FIRST phone! How many has sony ericsson and nokia had over the years? Yup hundreds and they still have flaws. Funny that.

So first and foremost, dont knock it till you've tried it.
OBEY GAINT
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-09-28 21:50
Here here! I hope to be getting one soon, can't wait, my life will be complete. It's not for everyone but i can see it doing very well over here.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 00:56
Super, how easy is it to use via something like iTunes..
When I had my iPod Mini that thing used to pee me off getting it to connect and put traxx on it

Mobile Phones are easier then Apple for MP3's I think No Cables annoying Discs.. just plug in your memory card and go!!!!

I would like to try iPhone but I wouldn't own one it's too large and it looks like it will break if you dropped it a few times!

it's something to admire and once again will draw many thieves with the Apple headphones
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 01:16
The iPhone too large? Have you seen one? It actually takes up less space than your K800i!!

The iPhone is just 4.96 cubic inches

Whereas the K800 is 6.62 cubic inches, over 33% bigger than the iPhone!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 01:18
those pics back there or on other threads make it look biger then the P1i lol
are you saying pics lie

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 01:56
Well... it may be some millimeters taller or wider, but it's much thinner, so actually takes up less volume!

Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 04:51
It may take up less volume and be thinner, but it only has a 2mp camera.

The iphone isnt any more revolutionary then the k750 was. im sure it is a pleasure to use and a great phone, but all of the falsified hype puts me off along with the lack of 3g.

someone was mentioning the price being subsidised as it was too low. Sorry the iphone isnt that advanced or expensive a phone compared to a N95. the £269 is the cost of the handset and buys it outright, just like in the US.
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 08:40
It may take up less volume and be thinner, but it only has a 2mp camera.

So what? If you need a phone with more megapixels, then clearly the iPhone isn't for you. Any serious photographer wouldn't be using a phone to take photos anyway.

Your T650 doesn't have wi-fi, or a multi-touch UI, or access to YouTube, or integration with the worlds most popular music store, or TV out, or Visual Voicemail, or threaded SMS, or a full HTML email client, or many other things the iPhone has.

Every phone on the market has pros and cons, and specs that don't exactly match other phones - GET OVER IT. If the iPhone doesn't suit your needs, keep walking, pass on by, be happy with the choice of phone you made.

Personally, the iPhone doesn't suit my needs either, so I haven't bought one. But I don't feel the need to point out every difference between it and other phones at every opportunity.
mswallis
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 09:49
Very well said, JoolsG4!
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 10:06
in short,the iphone is kinda like apple's v3 equivalent of motorola...
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 04:55
Jools if you want to discuss the Iphones size or features dont go slagging of people for having a different point of view and pointing out its weaknesses. I dont have nor did I mention the t650I. If you want to hype up and praise the Iphone for the its features, im allowed to point out its weaknesses. Oh, Edge also fails drastically on a phone thats meant to surf the web. Enjoy streaming your you tube videos on 188kbps while I plug my k850I into my laptop and play online games wherever i want XD.

[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2007-10-05 03:56 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 08:45

Jools if you want to discuss the Iphones size or features dont go slagging of people for having a different point of view and pointing out its weaknesses.

Erm, I think you should read what I wrote again - I haven't slagged anyone off. Your point about the 2MP camera had absolutely nothing to do with the comments regarding the iPhones physical size.

I dont have nor did I mention the t650I.

But you do have it as your avatar? That frequently suggests that is the phone of that user. But, whatever, everything I said equally applies to the K850i.

If you want to hype up and praise the Iphone for the its features,

I wasn't hyping it up or praising it. Just correcting a misconception that it was large. That's reporting a fact, not an opinion.

Oh, Edge also fails drastically on a phone thats meant to surf the web. Enjoy streaming your you tube videos on 188kbps while I plug my k850I into my laptop and play online games wherever i want XD.

How can I enjoy streaming YouTube when I don't even have an iPhone? As I said, the iPhone isn't for me either, (although I am interested in it) but I don't go around threads posting irrelevant comments.

im allowed to point out its weaknesses.

Having a 2MP camera isn't necessarily a weakness. My W610i has the same, and is perfectly adequate for what I, and many others, want. Having no camera at all could be seen as a weakness.

Clearly the iPhone is not the phone for you, yet you're reading and replying to threads about it. Anyone who is genuinely interested in the iPhone will know its technical specifications (and weaknesses), as they are clearly noted on the Apple web-site and in reviews.

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG4 on 2007-10-05 07:47 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic