Posted: 2005-07-24 18:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i can turn coins into notes hahahha search it on google for more info
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-24 20:34
I just converted my lawnmower into a Porsche.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-25 01:53
@alex2751, you just showed the typical ignorance that many mac user's display. You can indeed run Apple Mac on a pc. The mac os is now basically a version of unix, which can definitely run on x86 hardware (PC's)
Infact, Apple are dropping the powerpc and converting mac to run soley on PC hardware! The PowerPC just can't be made small enough (ever notice you can get full P4 laptops, but you've never seen a G5 powerbook have you?)

So stick that in your pipe..

@numb, I'm sure you are right about the K750 and symbian, but I just couldn't stand to listen to more anti-pc crap....
skinjob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-25 11:46
Quote:

On 2005-07-25 01:53:16, max_wedge wrote:
@alex2751, you just showed the typical ignorance that many mac user's display. You can indeed run Apple Mac on a pc... snip

Er, no you can't. Not yet anyway. OS X has a version of BSD at its core, which can indeed run on a PC. Mac OS X can not. It is compiled for PPC and not X86. There is a lot more to OSX than its BSD underpinnings. BSD Unix is not OS X.

This won't change until Apple release Macs with Intel processors. Even then, Apple have stated you will need an Apple Macintosh to run OS X regardless of which flavour of chip is installed. I'm sure some hackers will be able to get it to run on vanilla intel PC's but thats besides the point.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-25 14:51
@skinjob, excellent points, and I admit I glossed over the details. I stand corrected on the issue of OS X being Unix

I just didn't think it was a good analogy since mac os x is being made to run on PC, both are multi-tasking environments. There is nothing essentially different about the intel architecture to make it impossible to run OS X.

Is the K750 processor capable of the type of multi-tasking required by UIQ? If it is, then I'd say it could definitely run UIQ, if not then I doubt it.

But my knowledge in that area of hardware is sketchy
alex2751
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-25 23:02
If you are not into programming why do you state something on this forum? If you know your job, stick to it, don't tell ppl you don't know
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-26 04:46
alex what has programming got to do with it. I have good general knowledge, but no I am not a MAC KNOW IT ALL thank you.

I do know hardware, I do know it is possible for mac to run on pc hardware. There is nothing magic about MAC OS X that makes it unable to run on intel hardware other than it simply needs to be tweaked to interface with that hardware. That in general terms is just as correct as it needs to be. The truth is intel hardware has caught up with apple to the point where apple are actually going to switch to intel hardware. Intel now has both the power and reliability of traditional mac architecture.

So if you are saying that k750 running uiq is as impossible as pc running os x, then what you are actualy saying is that with a little tweaking, UIQ could run on a K750

I don't know if that is possible, it depends on if K750 has a multitasking cpu in my view, but as I said I'M NO EXPERT on the K750 hardware, and so no I don't know what damn processor it has....I see not what that has to do with programming...

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2005-07-26 03:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi