Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > My cradle / deskstand - It's Alive!

Author My cradle / deskstand - It's Alive!
vijay555
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-08-30 13:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't think you really need to bother with the switch thing.
Most of us did this conversion for the spv - however, i believe that the problem is not voltage/current, but that USB is not supposed to be used to supply this kind of voltages generally, ie for charging and running "personal massages" etc, http://www.gamegirladvance.co[....]_games_rezvibrator.html#000141

However, it's your computer, and if you don't have too many devices connected to your usb, then it shouldn't be a problem. For a laugh, you can go to device manager, go to "universal serial bus controllers", and you should be able to find tabs showing total power available etc...

Too many devices connected to USB may cause some problems, eg printer cutting out etc, but as i said, use a powered hub and it won't be a problem.

V
mince-inside
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-08-31 10:36
Sorry guys, my active search to find a suitable switch has come to an end (this does not mean it will never happen) I cannot find one suitable to mount in place of the 5V input, fit to the PCB and stay rigid.(I'm a purist and it needs to work robustly as well as look good)

Thanks for the feedback
mmsman
P800
PM
Posted: 2004-08-31 10:59
umm well ok nice job but i don't really understand it... why don't you use two chargers? do you only have one or what?
mince-inside
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-08-31 11:03
I only have one charger and when I'm travelling about I now just need to take my (easier to pack) deskstand.
nickorooster
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-10-04 11:29
Well done, I think I'll do the same when my p800 arrives.... ..

Powered hub ay? Hmmmm... Not a bad idea....

Nick
skydiver
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-10-04 19:55
Perhaps Im missing something here...? Wouldnt it be a lot easier just to purchase the following:

Ebuyer USB Data Cable With Cd Driver for Ericsson P800 and P900
£1.99 ex £2.34 inc VAT

27 in stock

Usually ships same day

Quickfind code: 51500

I have one of these and with the Sony software loaded on the host pc it performs exactly as the sync station does

mince-inside
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-10-04 21:52
@skydiver - Where's your sense of adventure?
I solve problems, I wanted my cradle to charge without anything else and it does.
The whole exercise took 10mins (inc finding the 5V line), as a non-Ebayer it would probably take me 10mins write down the code, find Ebay, find out where to enter the Quickfind code and finally order!

I reckon anyone who’s good at soldering could easily do the job in 5mins from dismantle to plug in.
ukbilly1
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 00:13
great job mince! im try ti find a spare mo at work 2moro and give it a go!

My plan is to try and fool the p900 into thinking its in a full car kit so the light will stay on.

Do you hava any ideas as to which contacts i would have to link together in the hch37 car cradel, ie when i remove and open the charge/hfree plug thing that sits in the cradel, open it up and i see a line of connectors inside. I dont know if it's even possible to fool it, am i going to need the hcc30?? pinouts first.

Cheers
ev1lted
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-10-13 03:00
i know this thred is a bit old hat now but

just a quick update - been fixin up a amp or mine and thaught hey seams the solders hot ill change my docking station- all done dusted- no shorts on the bord all wires in the right places- pluged in put the phone in and- it went shuuuuuuu pop-and i thaught FUKC there goes my phone- and the screne went dead could not turn it on- then took out the bat and put it back in and it turnes on fine??? strange- but basicly i did exactly what u said and all that happened was the loudspeaker on the phone poped and the bloody thing gave me the fright of my life- so i dont know if it only workes for a certain docking station mabe mine was diff to yours - or mabe my computer has a little m,ore/less power to the usb but it wont work- unsoldered everything and it works fine again so no worrys everything is fine- but realy thanks for sharing your idia and i hope it has worked well for allot of people but be causious

ted

da da for now sportsfans
djkizlive
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-02-13 02:06
Quote:

On 2004-10-05 00:13:33, ukbilly1 wrote:
great job mince! im try ti find a spare mo at work 2moro and give it a go!

My plan is to try and fool the p900 into thinking its in a full car kit so the light will stay on.

Do you hava any ideas as to which contacts i would have to link together in the hch37 car cradel, ie when i remove and open the charge/hfree plug thing that sits in the cradel, open it up and i see a line of connectors inside. I dont know if it's even possible to fool it, am i going to need the hcc30?? pinouts first.

Cheers

This is a good idea, i'd love to know if this is actually possible! Any ideas peeps? Does anyone have a car kit they can pull apart and examine?
-I offer a P800/900/910 Repair Service for next to nothing-
-No job too big or small. PM for Details!-
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi