Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Your reason for disliking Nokia?

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Your reason for disliking Nokia?
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 00:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
the thing with nokia that pissed me off was the fact that they release one phone (3310) then two weeks later they release another (3330) and there were only miner differences
sez
M600 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-29 00:32
Nokia's are overpriced. Equivalent of t68i is nearly twice expensive than se. Nokia smart suite does not support bluetooth even the phone has that spec. Nokia does not have a patch yet. Se rulez!

This message was posted from a T68i

d' fuhrer
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 01:31
once i hated them due to more phones coming out and yours getting out dated like 3310 then 3350. but i do not agree that they are not tech advanced though. they are at parr with SE and what technology SE has nokia has it too. i also realized that because of their business tactics they became no.1 is still no.1. SE still cannot match that.
if you don't have something nice to say, don't say something nice.
FUEHRER MEANS "LEADER" IN GERMAN STUPID.
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 01:38
nokia just seem to follow sonyericsson, who first gives you 256 colour screen (ericsson)cthen nokia try but make theres a little better, ericsson were the first!
jalu
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 03:17
I've posted something like this before but this is such a classic opportunity for a re-rant that I can't miss it.

Nokia are the Microsoft of the phone world. They make minute changes to handsets and sell them on at full prices to bleed every consumer dry (ie 8850, 8890, all the many 32xx and 33xx series phones) and seem to be faceless.

Their tech support number takes you round in a large circle of automatic voices and unless you join Club Nokia you have to pay a whole heap for the call.

Club Nokia smells too - hardly any free benefits (I won't say no benefits as I can't remember, its been a while) but just another place for Nokia to bleed customers (Get this ringtone, exclusive!) and a forum for junk mail.

They release buggy phone software which has massive negative effects on phone users and don't really seem to care.

SE, on the other hand, can be compared to Apple.
The smaller company seems to care about its users, offering free software upgrades and literally truckloads of free stuff for you to get. They tend not to release as many phones, arguably because the company is smaller but also because they don't believe in flogging a dead horse.

Nokia smell Another good reason to despise them is that all the brainless morons who flash their phones like a penis/breast enlargement wander around without really realising they are just sheep in a pack.

However, it's worth noting I am currently posting from a Windows PC running IE with that bloody MSN messenger sitting smugly on my taskbar. (I have an excuse, I live at home and my dad won't move to Mac!)

Jalu - diehard SE fan
veon18
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-29 05:07
people tend to compare everything and eventually will form groups to discriminate something they dun have/dun like
let's say SE gains a complete domination over the mobile industries after 5 years time and all other brands lose out
think what will happen to this forum, probably not an esato anymore but forums are named accordingly to the models SE offers, like T610/P800/T310 etc
And probably u'll find some threads like' why u hate P800 and will never choose it over a T610?' in a T610 forum or the other way around in the P800 forum
Actually there's already this scenario when the T300 was just released and all the T68i users were critisizing it, overrated? low end phone? only for the kids? It's lucky we have Nokia to keep all the SE models users together......
a non stop war between users in the mobile field
my_4_t_5
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-29 05:25
my nokia 5110 is the best. i've been using it for 10 years and is still functioning. hehehe
shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 05:42
if i were to list it all down....i'll probably be the top poster in no time
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
light_saberx
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 06:08
Ive used Nokia cellular phones for over 5 years. Ive used Nokia 5110, 3210, 3310, 8210, 8250, 6210, 7110, and 6510 until the idea of hating nokia entered my mind! In those years Nokia company releases too many phones that the other phones is depreciating! Theyre making a big profit out of it so i decided to get an SE phone which in turn made me completely satisfied! NEVER GOING BACK TO NOKIA!!!
ynohtna
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 06:28
It is so common and in a way you dont have a personality.In a way you lose since it is so common.It does not exude such uniqueness in everyone of us.SE does have the X-factor;nokia doesnt have any of it.In fairness to nokia,their phones do look good in paper/brochures/web only.

This message was posted from a T68i

KasaR
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 07:30
let me say it again, its not that i HATE nokia per se, but rather find that their policies are bad for the mobile industry in general.
there are a lot better things to hate than nokia (for example George Bush)
ardman_ryan
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 11:09
You've got to accept the fact Nokia is drifting away from the size competition - they've officially entered the Brick Age once again! Look at the 7650, 3650, N-Gage and 3300. The P800 can do much more than these lot and yet it's smaller! It obviously mean that the components are more advanced! The 7250 is probably the only Nokia phone which is small and yet cameraed, but SE has a good potential to beat that.

This message was posted from a T300

KasaR
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 13:54
ok theres one thing that i forgotthat i REALLY hate about Nokias. Even with their large screens, nokia phones dont show the duration of the call while it is on. i know you ca go into a menu and get it to show "on-going call time" but if most of the screen is not being used how hard is it to show something thats already being measured.

in my books thats basically inexcuseable. if you can put java, colour screens and cameras into a phone then you can put this basic functionality as well.
ardman_ryan
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 13:58
Hear, hear! I agree with that!
Fahed_2000
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-29 14:45
It not nokia that I hate i hate the concept of releasing several phones each with few exta functionality (which is all software)
You'll have a good phone with no screensaver app, and a crappy phone with a screensaver app
Good Shit, Bad Shit, It's all Shit
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi