Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE own Nokia

Previous  123  Next
Author SE own Nokia
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 00:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don`t like nokia cuz it seems to me to build `fashion-toys` that don`t last more than a year, then breaks down.I have this friend that has a 7210, a year old and it looks awful.It squeeks, the display fades out, the light is weak, the sound is on FOUR channels (4!!!!)...they cheat ppl on buying same phone with a different aspect..that`s unfair.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
morbodestroys
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-10-13 04:30
Ive been with Sony Ericsson simply because I believe that spending money on these phones are easily justified.

I've never been really interested in a Nokia because I've never found their menus to be user friendly - which methinks is why many people return to nokia these days. Maybe it is just me, but I find using the Ericssons, and even the Motos easier.

A few years ago in HK, my disinterest towards Nokias turned into incensed rage when they released the Nokia 8250. Curious to see the improvements they'd done to better the quite impressive 8210, I found out that all they did was to replace the blue screen. I couldnt see how such a phone asking for THAT kind of price should have existed - but everyone wanted to walk on the blue side. Oh god, I remember the marketing! I should be shot! Okay, maybe Nokia shouldn't be blamed for people buying their phone, but I think since the whole Nokia 8250 thing, they have realised that they can exploit people for selling repackaged phones with a new casing and they have continued to do so.

Nokia USED to be good (although I never really had a Nokia phone for longer than two months), weren't they the first to use predictive input? Internal antenna? It used to be so innovative and then it went crapola.

That's my 2cents
BrisbaneBorn&Bred
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-10-13 05:47
One reason I like SE is that everyone has a Nokia, so I like to be a bit different. Same when it comes to cars - if a particular car is very popular, I'll probably go for something else.
Jussi2000
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 06:13
Why man buys Nokia?. I canīt see anything good by Nokia phones and i have lot experience from them. Last Nokia what i bought was 6150 at may 1999 and it was broken. New phone and display and something else repaired just after few hours use. And it was enough for me. It wasnīt first time when i got new Nokia and something was broken. After 6150 i bought Ericsson T28s at september 1999 and it works perfektly and then few other Ericsson and SE phones and i donīt havenīt see any reason to change my mobile phone brand.
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 09:25
my first phone was a mitsubishi
then I got a nokia 6190

so u can imagine how relieved I was when I found something with FEATURES
I stayed a loyal nokia fan
never was a fan of Ericsson
and I still am not
I never knew what a phone shld be capable of doing

then I got my T68i while waiting for the 7210
when I replaced my T68, I finally realized how crap the 7210 was

never had any problems with nokia
I wld say, I got spoiled by features
I still love nokia's designs far better than any other company's

for instance now, no phone can please me unless it is a smartphone

and the reason I wld choose the P900 over any other smartphone is because of the browser and contacts compatibility...
but I wldnt say that I love SE over all

I dont think I wld go to say that I wldnt get a nokia
I am quite tempted by the N-Gage and the 6600
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
neo001
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-10-13 09:29
why do we buy instead of blokia ... , because ... well rules and blokia sucks !!!! hehehehe
No really i had a 8260 and it worked great , i guess its because of the whole mms and color stuff , well at least for me thats what it is ... i live my life in color ... so i want my phone in color ! and to be totally honest i dont like the color phones that blokia has !
Unfortunately, no one can be told . . .
what The Matrix is. . .
You have to see it for yourself . . .
trekkian
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-10-13 16:14
i own a T 610 and i intend on keeping it for a long time. Although this is my first SE, i am highly satisfied with it and i think the Nokia 7250 or 7250 i are nowhere close to the T 610.

i have compared my phone to the 7250 i and i was shocked at how bad the 7250 was ( because it was supposedly the better of the two phones by a long shot). i wont go into why i feel this is so because i would never finish....

However, before totally rubbish nokia, i have to say that i believe they are rated so highly because of their previous black and white screen phones. They were truly ahead of their time technologically (first guys to come up with those internal antennas) and in their simplicity. This is how nokia built up their brand image. heck, i used to think they were the best too!
But now, with the dawn of these new colour phones, i believe that nokia has lost its "pole position" and other manufacturers have caught up... like SE and Samsung. They have just have not been able to dominate the market anymore due to phones like the T 610, P 800 and samsung SVH- 200.

Tell me what u guys think and if u feel the same way...
p.s. sorry for the essay!.
Rokin#128
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-10-13 17:09
Alrighty, here goes. After months of just reading the forum i'm finally actually posting a reply.

I have to agree with trekkian on the past performance of Nokia, and i believe that's the reason they are still the market leader. They are relying heavily on it. Now however you can see that they are not able to keep up with the time's and their phones start exploding and their 7250 is not at all what they said it is, more and more people are switching from Nokia to Samsung and SE. You wouldn't believe how many T610's i've been spotting lately here in Holland.

Anyway, apart for the superior design of SE, I do have to say that my previous phone was a T68i, and after weeks of suddenly having no reception i finally had it replaced for a new one. But a friend of mine had the same problem 4 times in a row, and the 5th time he was so sick of it he actually got a Blokia 6610... and frankly i couldn't blame him. (which was pretty annoying). And T68i has a slower processor.
And finally, P800 would really be the best phone EVER if it had the same colours as for example the 7650. And that's a fact cuz my lady has one and my Plucky800 just comes off a little pale when comparing pictures on it.

Besides all that, of course SE rules all, and Nokia is for dummies...
But we all knew that.

Ps: Be gentle.
(\__/)
( O.o )
( > < ) On to world domination!
treion
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-13 17:13
they say nokia is user friendly i call it cellphone for dummies, i used to own one, but noticed the depreciation value cames within the next 3months after you buy the new model. unlike the SE
buster
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 17:22
My first phne was a nokia and it broke in 4 months it cant stand the challenge!!!

Then I got and ericsson T18 a very strong phone it falls 10000000000 times and it still working right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then I got a T28z a T28w a T39 all great phones they have all I need at that time they were great!!!!!

Now I have a T300 and Im going to buy a T610 soon as you see Im a big Ericsson Fan!!!!

They never let me down maybe there a little things they have to improve like a CALENDAR ON MY T300!!!!! but I love them after all!!!!!
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 17:34
I cant belive that annybody is saying that nokia is userfriendly. nokia have realy bad design on their phones and you cant do annything with them. Just look how bad they threat their customers.There is a lots of nokia phones eXploding and they donīt do annything with it. SE changed all the charger that was dangerous.
Elrond
V800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 18:14
I never had a nokia and never want it. When I looked at the features, they never had all I wanted and the price was to high. I don't like the design, so I can't understand then even calculator makers are copying their design. One thing I like on my brother's nokia 3510i is the speed. SE rulez (you know why :-D )

This message was posted from a Nokia

jacque
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 19:48
I`ve had Nokia phones, Siemens, Ericsson...
now I`ve SE and I can`t say that anyone from them is the best...

Who said that SE (Nokia) is only one the best and the other phones never, is only a produkt of SE`s (Nokia`s) marketing..

to all: Have a nice day

Elrond
V800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 19:55
I can say that at the moment the SE phones match perfectly to my needs. Who can say. Maybe tomorrow it will be Motorola, Samsung...

This message was posted from a Nokia

bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-10-13 20:01
looks like nokia is gonna have to rename themselfs to blokia
but what would happen to our anti nokia things like:
nokia just say no
say no
to nokia

blokia just say blok
say blo
to blokia
:s

but i can see most people who have taken the step into switching phone brands or testing them know now what they like about there favorite brand, and i'm a bit proud of all you guys, most peole like 80% stay with the same brand, or think there phones are the best because they sell good (like 3310) so i'm happy all you guys are with the 20% of the smart people
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi