Previous  123  Next
Author T610 - Still not sure? - My review
CentralUnit
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-05-20 20:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Great review!

I have to admit that I too had some complaints about the screensaver clock but its not that bad, in fact.. its ok. If you want to check the time.. you will have to click on the + or -, this will activate the backlight without exiting the screensaver.

Another huge plus for the T610 is the menu and button structure.. its very fast to navigate, and make "special" selections on common stuff and so on.
Jowi
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-20 20:30
nice review!
Zand
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-05-20 20:38
I got the phone from Sweden just before the weekend and I am very satisfied with it. But I think what you are saying about the screen is a bit strange. My screen is not as dark as you describe. It is much better than my T68i! [addsig]
djk
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-20 21:34
@ratGT

I think you have too much imagination and too senitive to what I have posted.

Sorry I have no interest to know how many years you have used mobile phones. No doubt, no surprise, no jealousy.

I have said "Java's cabability is quite bad" "Most Nokia's Javas are not supported" "Sorry to tell you all that, all Java games for Nokia Series 40 I have tried are failed to run in T610", but never have a meaning like "Listen all of you Siemens users! Don't buy Nokia mobile phones, because your Siemens Java games won't work on them!". I want to say the true, and the reader can justify about it. Don't be so senitive man.

Also, the true is that, even some MIDlets use the standard and no any extensions, the T610 runs them very slowly while most (nearly all) of other phones run them faster. It is a fact.

I have tried many other colour screen phones, and most of them really shows clearer under the sunlight.

My overall impression to your review is: you are trying to tell others your review is the most reliable, many others' opinion are misunderstanding. Many people are liars. It is obvious with the title "Still not sure?" and the sentense "I DON'T TOLERATE THOUGH liars, 'fanatic' and egoistic people". It is good for all pre-owners but at the same time you hurt others as you mention others' comments and rebut on them. You don't have to rebut on others' value judgement as they can never been known. And also, I have never said you are a die-hard fans. How come you are so senitive?

By the way, I may had misunderstood you, if it was the case, I'm sorry about it. We are both T610 owners and let's share our opinions, ideas and some resources. (I'm working on making some themes) No hard feeling and forget all unhappy things. Enjoy our phones and contiune to let people to say their own opinions.
tom_fun
Elm Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-05-21 00:21
like the review (and the replys) i have a t68i but cannot decide over the T610 or p800!, i like the size of the t610 and probbably wouldnt use half of the features on the p800 but i just cant decide!

SOMEBODY HELP ME!
nocturnalchipmunk
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-05-21 00:25
well.. since you like the t610's appearance.. and you wouldn't use half of the features with the p800.. what do you think i would say? (t610 of course!! )
Taste the rainbow, sweetheart!
^ Brings Back Memories, eh? I Miss All of you Garbagians!
Zand
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-05-21 00:26
T610 is the right choice! [addsig]
Rewind
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-05-21 01:13
So...I read many review about this phone & I have double opinion...buy or not to buy???
Nokia doesn't plug me at all...but SE T610 has not so good feedbacks, maybe 'coz it's fresh, but it's build in T68 platform.
I think the best way is to wait till SE correct all bugs (and called them features:-)) and the price go down by that time....

What do u think 'bout that?
Mobile_Phil
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-05-21 02:04
I must say that I agree with tom_fun here...
I enjoy all inputs here! I really enjoyed the review, and also all replies it has received, as well as all other reviews and comments on this forum!
That's what makes a discussion forum. Otherwise I could simply go to a site that reviews phones and listen to that resource only! This forum is great in the sense that you hear what EVERYBODY has to say... The good, the bad and sometimes the ugly...
It is a subjective nature to whether a phone is good or bad, and let's keep it that way and accept everybody's point of view and hope that they will ALL share them with all of us on this board!
ratGT
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-21 02:33
To JDK(again!):

Oh my, oh my! This has started getting out of track and pointless!!!

OK bud, read the following things closely, stick them in your mind, print them and hang them over your computer or engrave them on your computer desk - whatever it takes for you to remember things next time you write back:

1) WHAT THE HECK YOU MEAN I'M SENSITIVE???

Does my writing give you the impression that you are talking to a 10-year-old boy? Did I mention at any point anything about you hurting my feelings? Did you write anything about my mama or the rest my family at any point so I would get sensitive and offended? At least I don't have that impression. So get off your desk chair, sit comfortably on your couch, open up a can of beer or whatever you enjoy drinking, and relax yourself! I'm neither hurt nor offended!

2) ONCE AGAIN, WE'RE NOT A BUNCH OF KIDS ON A SCHOOL YARD!
That means that I'm NOT mentioning my experience on mobile phones neither to frighten you, or impress you, or make you feel jealous! I mentioned my experience at my very first review, just to let the others to know that there is some reality and knowledge to it, and not just 'imaginations' or 'guessing' as I notice in many reviews! So stop dragging this along the answers you write back to me!

3) DON'T TAKE THINGS PERSONALY YOURSELF!!!
I mean, damn! You mention in your answer, word by word, all the remarks i make! I mean, HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF THE WORD 'METAFOR?' - M - E - T - A - F - O - R, that's how it's spelled. Pick up an English to English dictionary, read carefully what the word means, and then go on and read my stuff! Damn you are succeeding with 100% accuracy in misunderstanding or taking word by word everything I write!...

4) I DON'T WORK FOR ERICSSON, OR SONY ERICSSON!
And stop telling me that I'm 'trying to tell others my review is the most reliable, many others' opinion are misunderstanding'. I hurt others? Rebut on others' value judgment as they can never been known? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? These are confused and high pitched reactions bud! Chill out! Again, go for that sofa tip! It's very relaxing! I promise you!

SO, AS YOU MENTIONED AT THE VERY END OF YOUR PREVIOUS ANSWER, AND I FINALLY AGREE WITH YOU, you misunderstood me. But, I’m telling ya once again - No hard feelings bud! I'm all good. All I've been doing was correcting you! And as you also correctly stated, at the end of the whole thing, we're both T610 owners. We should most certainly share our opinions and tips, because after all, that's what helps in many cases to take advantage of our handsets to the fullest! So, I hope that after these series of 'misunderstandings' there will only be cooperation!

PS. Cool thing about you going on with theme creation! It's certainly is worth it, since the T610's menu GUI is very flexible to new, detailed themes, and it really gives a whole new feeling to it every time you switch. How do you create your themes?

PS.2 Enjoy your phone as well.

[ This Message was edited by: ratGT on 2003-05-21 01:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ratGT on 2003-05-21 01:37 ]
nocturnalchipmunk
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-05-21 03:09
Quote:

On 2003-05-21 02:33, ratGT wrote:
3) DON'T TAKE THINGS PERSONALY YOURSELF!!!
I mean, damn! You mention in your answer, word by word, all the remarks i make! I mean, HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF THE WORD 'METAFOR?' - M - E - T - A - F - O - R, that's how it's spelled. Pick up an English to English dictionary, read carefully what the word means, and then go on and read my stuff! Damn you are succeeding with 100% accuracy in misunderstanding or taking word by word everything I write!...

actually.. it's spelled metaphor
Taste the rainbow, sweetheart!
^ Brings Back Memories, eh? I Miss All of you Garbagians!
suzy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 10:16
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 10:19
yes, I am speechless too!

Elkman
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 10:34
Tom Fun,

I am a happy owner of a P800 since a couple of months... It is a great phone, but not just a phone. If you need for your daily work or personal activities a full blown PDA, then go for the P800 which is a phone and a complete PDA. Sure it is a bit big, but a regular phone AND a separate PDA together would be even bigger and much less convenient. If you instead just need a phone with some of the basic PDA capabilities (calendar, email, syncronization with MS Outlook or Lotus Notes) then go for the T610. It is as simple as that.

P.S.: I am planning to get the T610 soon, because I don't really need all the functions available on the P800 and sometimes its size can be very unconvenient (try to carry it in your jeans pockets when you go out at night ... it can be a real pain!).
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-05-22 10:39
Elkman, I actually made a similar choice recently.
I have been using the T68i with an Ipaq for a very long time and gave the P800 a try with a view to deciding between the T68i/ipaq combo or the P800.

Last week I got rid of the P800 and got the T610 to use with the Ipaq and am much happier again.

You say the separates would be more inconvenient but actually for the reasons you gave, its more convenient because if I go out for the evening I can just take the (small) phone.

Also the Ipaq has a heaps better screen that the P800.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi