Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SonyEricsson or Nokia ???

Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Author SonyEricsson or Nokia ???
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 05:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
JohnM wrote:
"God, i've heard alot of bollocks before, but that last post takes the biscuit! Nokia phones are total shite end of story. Right, next question?!"

Actually, you fool, the man that started this topic asked for REASONS why SE is better that Nokia, instead of friggen stupid comments like you just made- 'end of story' blah blah blah

Oh, ok everyone- JohnM just finished the debate- he said end of story!! Well, looks like SE are better than Nokia. All say a big thankyou to JohnM for clearing that one up for us with all those outstanding points to proove it, just like dards asked for.

That was tongue in cheek if you didnt notice you friggen bias dogbreed.
veon18
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-29 05:40
dudes...cool down and just state ur opinions, no need to flame a war between SE and Nokia AGAIN!!
ok, here's what i think
Nokia..generally more expensive than SE with similar specs, maybe a better colour screen but loosing out BT and some little functions here and there...
But considering the specs offered by the 3650 which retails for just a mere USD500...it would be hard for me to decide which one to buy (P800/3650)...a difference of USD250 is quite a lot, whether the money live up to the additional features offered by a P800, it's completely dependent on individual needs.
About SE phones manufactured in Malaysia...hey...try and make a survey around and check out the ferquency of Nokia or SE's HARDWARE breakdown. Remember hardware...the firmware is not produced in Malaysia, ok? And btw, is it long forgotten that Nokia's quality control is bad bad bad, LCD....buzzer...everything seems to need a replacement after a mere 1 year usage( take note again: most handsets, not all, so don't come telling me that 'Hey! My Nokia works just fine and u r wrong')!
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 05:55
talking about reliability, a recent study (forgot where i read it) said that the nokia return rate for defective phones is currently above 30%, while the industry average is at about 10%. for the 3300 series, it can go as high as 60% for some models.

some of the quotes in the article came from swedish and finnish phone retailers, so that should classify the info as being pretty objective.

aside from buzzers, slides, etc., i do remember that a lot of the 8800 series phones' lcd screens would just die one day, turning the phone into one expensive paper weight.
Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 07:26
Quote:

On 2003-01-28 23:24, bigjobs wrote:

Nokia phones sell much better than SE's cos they are better, look back at the Ericssons range, a lot of crap there, thats why they went belly up and had to be rescued by Sony.
Sony have the style, Nokia have the hardware and MUCH better marketing/image/usability.

Nokia most definately does NOT have the hardware. They have the marketing, alright; but in terms of hardware, features and value for money, they lose bigtime. There is a LOT of Crap in the Nokia range as well. Ever wonder why so many Nokia service centers popped up? Not because Nokias are popular, but because they break down a lot and generally have BUGGY software on release; the Service centers make a bloody fortune off of the poor Nokia QA.

Besides, they really rip you off with their policy of "Same phone, different casing and bingo! New product line!"

I think my Girlfriend said it best when she switched from an 8310 to an Me45:

"Wow! Considering this is cheaper than my old phone, I can't believe all the functions this phone has! Nokia really dumbs you down!"
crowing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 07:30
nokia really has marketed the looks of their phones. where i come from you can upgrade a 3310 to 3330 or an 8210 to an 8250 which means that same hardware can carry the same software, which means no real evolution.
Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 07:33
Quote:

On 2003-01-29 07:30, crowing wrote:
nokia really has marketed the looks of their phones. where i come from you can upgrade a 3310 to 3330 or an 8210 to an 8250 which means that same hardware can carry the same software, which means no real evolution.

Which Nokia does in production anyway:
8310 <--> 6510
6610 <--> 7210
crowing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 07:36
yup, which means they are not dropping the bomb on the consumers with their line up, their just trying to pepper us with the small stuff. like when SE dropped us the t68i (which i think still has some aftershocks.) we really couldnt blame nokia, it works for them. but i guess the 7110 would be the last nokia i'll ever have.
dards
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 15:32
I used 6210 for a while but following are some of the reasons why switched back to Ericsson.

1) If you dont have a number in your phonebook, then the number appears only for few seconds on you nokia phone incase of call waiting and it changes to call2. So if you dont look at the phone screen with in a few seconds for a waiting call you do not know who is calling.

2) The "Other party call waiting" beep is so low that I used to miss it completly.

3) TechTV conducted a survay, that quite a lot of people send SMS messages to wrong numbers and end up embarassing themselves. In Nokia once you press yes to send the message there is no way to cancel it. Where as in ericsson phones you can cancel your messages while it is delivering the message.

4) In Nokia the top buttons have different functions at different times depending on where you are in the menus. So you need to always look at the screen to operate it. Where as Ericsson phones have set functions (Except for the menu key) so you can actually operate it with out looking at the phone.

5) You need to press more buttons to do anything in the nokia phone compared to Ericsson phones. For example to delete any entry in phonebook, sms list, calls list just press and hold "c".

6) Ericsson phones now have better shortcuts to different features i.e. press and hold "c" for the menu, press and hold right or left arrow for direct access to different features.

the list goes on. .....
sachiel
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 16:06

With the entrance of colored cell phones this year, Nokia and SE are not the only ones who should be compared already. Motorola, Samsung, Panasonic, and possibly NEC will be getting the attention from 2003 till who knows when.
neilgoth
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 18:31
Nobody here mentiond that nokias are massd produced in china,the first models are made in finland but once demand increases they ship production to china!so do not say that because SE's are made in malaysia they are not quality,do you know that BMW awarded malaysia production rights i think 2 yrs ago?is BMW low quality?wake up to smell marketing gimmicks!here in the philippines nokias depreciate rather fast,you could get a 3310 for $35-$40.

This message was posted from a T68i

johnnie
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-29 18:50
invent T68 as a first color screen mobile inthis world
I think this is enough to prove that is the best otherwise
why do Nokia and all other phone copy this idea, isn't it?
neilgoth
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 19:06
Yup,nokia-higher resolution but why do the pictures look pale and transparent on their color phones???got a lot of officemates who were die-hard nokia fans who changed to SE and never regretted when they experiencd the features that are packd inside the t68,2 of them sold their 6610s after a month's time :-D

This message was posted from a T68i

haki
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 19:28
Most of us still adore the T68 but it was only the first GSM color phone; in Japan and Korea they have had them for several years. And the new Nokia screens are better than SE's; not like GD87 or Samsung but better than T68's.It is good to be a realist.

This message was posted from a WAP device

ThreeX
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 19:34
Just because someone invents something and therefore is first in the world doesn´t mean they´re the best now does it? If that was true The army would use blackpowder Remington rifles right?
Look at the Japanese motor industry, how did they start? Right, by shamelessly copying american cars and british motorcycles. Does that mean that you´d rather buy an old leaky Triumph with Lucas electrics than a new Honda or Yamaha?
Nokia is the undisputable leader, so they must do something right or at least something the other makers don´t, right? I´m not a one-make fan but it bugs me when people are naive and fanatic and refuse to face facts. By all means have an opinion but please respect people who has a different one (and are in majority
Cheers!
Happy owner of: Ericsson GH198, S868, SH888, R310s, T10s, T28s, A2618s, T39m x2, T68m, T66, SE t68i, T610, S700i, Nokia 2110i, 6210, 8310, 8850, 8890 and 6680 Siemens S55
jacque
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-29 19:40
I agree with SE fan, Nokia is
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic