Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Swiss Manager (free) and Swiss Manager Pro

Previous  123 ... 373839  Next
Author Swiss Manager (free) and Swiss Manager Pro
Zed@CPS
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-05 13:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:
please tell me i'm just paranoid

I'm telling you... Swiss Manager does absolutely nothing with the internet. (The app is not Symbian Signed, so if the new security craze does anything useful then the program could not even access the internet without you knowing.) But you can test for it - turn off net access, uninstall Swiss Mgr, and see how the symptoms change. Repeat: Swiss Mgr does not deal with internet in any way.
CellPhoneSoft.com - Software your smartphone needs
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-09-05 14:00
@Lisa@CPS

thanks
Join the 'dots' and see what happens
vikas44
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-05 22:20
can someone please pm the swissmanager. i have not been able to open the website from which to download the software.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-09-05 22:21
I have a problem when clicking the link posted here, I get a blank page.

however if I then press refresh in your browser it works

try that!
Jornan
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-05 22:26
Wow. I have been looking for an application like this for å long time now. Thanks!
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-05 23:04
I meant for example when locking keypad ur program would flush apps opened freeing memory. Other than that,I find it useless for me.Ppl find it usefull,so goodluck!

This message was posted from a WAP device
vikas44
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-05 23:10
thanks for the help. i was able to download the software. can someone please tell me what is the difference between kill application and end task as the aplication has both the options.
Zed@CPS
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-07 09:38
Quote:
when locking keypad ur program would flush apps opened freeing memory

Something like that is coming up in the next version, to allow auto-cleanup on flipless phones.
Quote:
what is the difference between kill application and end task

Killing is more forceful, giving less chance to an application to do its normal exit procedure. Only use it if an app does not respond to the normal End task command. Do not attempt to close or kill a built-in system application (Swiss Manager attempts to exclude you making such mistakes).
vikas44
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-07 10:08
Lisa@CPS thanks for the quick reply. i really appreciate the work you have put in making this application.
janptr
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-09-07 12:07
Quote:

On 2006-09-05 07:04:51, 701 wrote:
Actually,I don't know what is so great about this program.Installed it yesterday and removed it half an hour later cuz it does just the same as the original task manager.No auto killing tasks or something really useful.It brings info

This message was posted from a WAP device^

Why complaim? Why not just say Thank you very much for the work that they have been done for the users, or just be quite? I have no P990 myself and could of that reason not try it out butI think we ALL should be greatfull to the developers who is sharing applications for free. Like it or not like but be happy that we have this people around us who making the devices more usefull.
Rgds
J-P
Zed@CPS
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-07 12:35
Quote:
I have no P990 myself and could of that reason not try it

Let me quietly leak out the info that SwissMgr for UIQ2 (with extra features) is coming soon - a few beta testers are welcome (send application to our support mail address, indicating your phone model).
Spawn
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-09-07 12:49
Excellent piece of software Lisa and thank you for making it freeware, need more developers like you with great programs like this around more.

Installed it last night and it works without a hitch, i find it much much more nicer than the built in task manager, in fact i havent even used the inbuilt one at all since installing Swiss manager on my p990i.

Only thing is that cant seem to get it working in FC mode, well its not available in the list of shortcuts, which is a shame but swiss manager isnt the only one that isnt available there...dont really like the fc shortcut menu to be honest.

Anyways looking forward to the next update
Zed@CPS
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-07 13:02
Quote:
cant seem to get it working in FC mode, well its not available in the list of shortcuts, which is a shame but swiss manager isnt the only one that isnt available there

Only those apps are listed in the FC shortcut list that have support for FC mode. Swiss Mgr 1.00 (like many built-in apps) does not support it. This might change in the future...
Quote:
Anyways looking forward to the next update

1.10 will be released quite soon. New features: aggressive memory compression option, auto-cleanup on flipless phones, ability to exclude apps from the "End all tasks" command, fixed file navigator in non-English environment.
bluesun
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-09-08 07:08
thanks for the freeware.
MR
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-09-08 11:34
Lisa,

I cannot open the camera in FC mode anymore when I have installed the manager and have engaged the function kill app when close flip. Can this be solved?

MR
I have a: Sony Ericsson P1i and Nokia N95
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 373839  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic