Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SAD SE 2007 Portfolio-Hard to digest facts

Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 161718  Next
Author SAD SE 2007 Portfolio-Hard to digest facts
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-10-10 11:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
but who wants to carry around accessories when many devices already come with the feature built in?

I remember the original camera attachments that SE were still making while other manufacturers had already integrated the camera into the phone
jiglerul
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-10 21:41
I've read all 8 pages(fast reading though).

What can I say...SE can't make everyone happy.

Still, SE prices are getting way to HIGH!
And why do they cripple suposedly high end devices with premium prices?
I mean K850 has no wi-fi and only 2.2" screen. W910 has bigger screen but no AF! It's only 2 MP camera, no threat to K series sales, why don't they put AF? Everyone knows cameraphones without AF are completely useles. U just pay extra cas on a feature that u won't use(non AF camera).

Then again, W960 which will probably be the most expensive SE phone ever, has everything but no HSDPA.

SE really doesn't seem to want to make an all in one device.
All in one devices are the very reason that cameras and MP3 players got integrated into phones. What are they thinking? Do they want us too buy a cybershot AND a walkman?!?!
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-10 21:51
thing is i don't think SE can really innovate if they are behind in some of the tech..

if we're talking about UI.. the iphone has been one that has truly stepped up..in most cases it's fresh and new...

if we're talking about hardware... nokia's n95 is the champ even with the crippled ram and battery...

so where does it leave se? they refuse to release complete solution and their specialized solutions aren't the best but only comparable....it might be a tough road in 2008 as well.... but i'll wait for the p3i to finally decide if i have to abandon the company that started my love of cellphones...
Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-10 23:01
DragonEye i agree with you 100% !!

What's the innovation for SE in 2006-2007 ??

Changing a hundred different colors of their low - mid class mobiles???

Nokia : integrated GPS , Carl Zeiss lens
Apple : HUGE 3,5 finger-touchscreen ,fresh UI.....

Se is faaar behind!And i think SONY is responsible...

You expect big screen for a future SE mobile??Noway!!Sony's next generetion walkman has 2,6 inches ONLY!! (910 nw)..!!..when ipod-touch has 3,5 !!!

I'll wait till 15th Nov.And i want to see REAL HIGH TECH MOBILES!!! (Don't forget we are talking about Q1,Q2 market releases....)

i want to see flash drives >8gb
cameras >3 megapixels
wifi b/g
integrated gps
better ui
>3 inches FINGER-TOUCHSCREENS

ALL IN ONE !!Not seperated into 10 different mobiles......!!
Otherwise i'll say goodbye to SE...

[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2007-10-10 23:23 ]
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-10 23:04
Will you then also leave this forum, please? Thank you.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 00:17

On 2007-10-10 21:51:56, DragonEye wrote:
thing is i don't think SE can really innovate if they are behind in some of the tech..

if we're talking about UI.. the iphone has been one that has truly stepped up..in most cases it's fresh and new...

if we're talking about hardware... nokia's n95 is the champ even with the crippled ram and battery...

so where does it leave se? they refuse to release complete solution and their specialized solutions aren't the best but only comparable....it might be a tough road in 2008 as well.... but i'll wait for the p3i to finally decide if i have to abandon the company that started my love of cellphones...

I agree word for word. Excellently put
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-11 01:59

On 2007-10-10 11:33:52, masseur wrote:
but who wants to carry around accessories when many devices already come with the feature built in?

I remember the original camera attachments that SE were still making while other manufacturers had already integrated the camera into the phone

this is true, but there is also a balance between adding everything and ending up with a brick. For example I'd love it if they added an mrr-70 to the K850, this would be much more useful to me personally than gps. I wouldn't mind betting that if both were included by default, that an fm transmitter would be used more often by more people than a gps receiver.

So how does a manufacturer decide when to add this or that accessory as in inbuilt device? I would argue that GPS is still niche enough that SE can afford to not add it just yet (though I also expect that N95 has increased the appeal of inbuilt gps - so it would be prudent of SE to soon introduce a gps inbuilt device).

You use the examples of cameras, also a very good point, but the early cameras were pretty crap. Personally I feel I would have objected to having an inbuilt device for something that was essentially a gimmick. Even the T610 camera was only just barely good enough to be included as a built in device. The earlier camera attachments were very poor quality and I would have baulked at a phone with them as inbuilt devices.
vladn02
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 02:28
my 2 cents...

I love my k800i but having played around with k850i as well as the w960 already im not too impressed... personally im going to wait and see what else they have in store for first quarter of 2008 or even later.

If I cant find some thing satisfying enough for my taste I will have to make the switch to Nokia.. but im hoping it doesnt go that far

but needless to say Sony is doing a pretty good job competing in the market as far mobiles go, they have from low end to high end and their sales prove that they are doing stuff right.

So it's everyones opinion here I guess and I'm throwing mine in.

P.S.
I will buy the k850i just because I can get it at a very very very good price ($250) dont ask where cuz I cant tell

but other than that let see how Q4 will go for sony eh?
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-11 02:36

On 2007-10-11 02:28:41, vladn02 wrote:
my 2 cents...

I love my k800i but having played around with k850i as well as the w960 already im not too impressed... personally im going to wait and see what else they have in store for first quarter of 2008 or even later.

If I cant find some thing satisfying enough for my taste I will have to make the switch to Nokia.. but im hoping it doesnt go that far

but needless to say Sony is doing a pretty good job competing in the market as far mobiles go, they have from low end to high end and their sales prove that they are doing stuff right.

So it's everyones opinion here I guess and I'm throwing mine in.

P.S.
I will buy the k850i just because I can get it at a very very very good price ($250) dont ask where cuz I cant tell

but other than that let see how Q4 will go for sony eh?

Good points, but can I correct you on just one thing? Sony don't make mobile phones. Sony Ericsson is a company in it's own right, not just a department of Sony. Ericsson owns 50% of SE, so SE is by no means a rubber stamp for Sony electronics.

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 03:45

On 2007-10-09 03:39:35, borisisinvin wrote:
Actually, here in the US on t-mobile's network I've yet to get a "free" Sony Ericsson upgrade. All of the Sony Ericsson phones I've "gotten" were at full MSRP, or at a bloated importers price! So, I think I'm well within my rights to expect a little more than the same phone I bought a year ago, just re-hashed and in a different case. Please speak for yourself when making large sweaping statements like that! What's wrong with wanting more innovation from a device or a manufacturer anyways? Would you still be happy using a T610 today?...

I only ever speak for myself. And as I said "some" owners and not "all", I'll safely assume you don't know what a sweeping generalisation is. Or how to spell sweeping even.

BTW, I just recently managed to convince my wife to upgrade from her Z600 and then only because the battery was failing. She'd used it since 2003. I use her Z600 as a spare phone and it recieves many admiring comments from people who own 2007YM budget-priced phones.

But I wouldn't be happy using a T610 today or any day. I think it's two-tone styling is ugly and its screen is unreadable. Always have hated that phone. My K700i was much better.

Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 04:14
Innovation is actually limited to what consumers are looking to buy. For example, GPS. I for one do not need or want GPS on my phone so im glad it isnt on the k850I. after all, why pay for a feature im not going to use? WIFI is another. I consider wifi to be a really good technology, but is it really needed by someone that only uses internet on their phone at home on their pc and is far from a hotspot? HSDPA is a good enough upgrade for me, and the main reason im getting the phone. One thing i dont like though is the minor screen size increase. I really would have liked a 2.6 inch screen, even a 2.4 inch would have been great. but the increase to 2.2 inch is hardly anything decent for a top end phone.
truewor
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 07:11
@ bhavv

i agree with you, i dont want pay more for some features that i not use or available in my country (like GPS or HSDPA).

and SAD or not, it depend our point of view.

we can say it not sad

we can say it sad

depend our point view.

regards
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-11 15:44

On 2007-10-11 03:45:59, carkitter wrote:

But I wouldn't be happy using a T610 today or any day. I think it's two-tone styling is ugly and its screen is unreadable. Always have hated that phone. My K700i was much better.

I liked the T610 from the start, but when I got my K700, it was like entering into a whole new era! MP3player, vga camera, 40MB onboard memory! Love the old K700! A legendary phone.
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-11 20:03

On 2007-10-11 15:44:03, max_wedge wrote:

On 2007-10-11 03:45:59, carkitter wrote:

I liked the T610 from the start, but when I got my K700, it was like entering into a whole new era! MP3player, vga camera, 40MB onboard memory! Love the old K700! A legendary phone.

had it not been for the slick UI in the k700i...SE would have been in trouble...UI was fast, visuals were impressive and it's been the stepping stone since for the k750, w810, k790 etc...

the k700 had strong competition in the 6230 and e398..and at that time both rivaled in function and also had expandable memory whereas the k700i was left cripppled with 40 mb on board or whatever.

people like to mention that they don't like to pay for functions they don't use... to be honest the fact that the k850i doesn't have gps or wifi in it hasn't really made it a cheaper device...

[ This Message was edited by: DragonEye on 2007-10-11 19:05 ]
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-15 16:31

On 2007-10-10 21:51:56, DragonEye wrote:

Then how about the N95 - 8gig ? Nokia does listen !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic