Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i camera just stopped working -S

Author K750i camera just stopped working -S
ericnew_uk
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-22 00:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've had my k750i for over a month now and it's been working pretty well apart from a couple of crashes... but i tried to use the camera before and it just won't start up... I slid the cover back on the camera and the screen looks like it's going into camera mode then just returns to the screen that it was on. I've tried loading the camera with the cover shut, tried testing the camera in 'service test' the same thing happens. Then i looked in 'Service info' then 'software info' there is no software info for the camera which should be inbetween LCD SW version and IPT SW version...

Any suggestions?
maddav
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-07-22 00:46
Getting it reflashed at a service centre seems like the best option.
Phantom
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-22 03:30
or maybe the wire connecting the camera is loose so it got disconnected or something.
Evil Eye
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2005-07-22 03:33
Better_take_it_to_SE_Service_Centre.Best_of_luck,matey!

This message was posted from a WAP device

Phantasm4489
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-22 09:40
This happened to me, and SE gave me the usual crap about a firmware update being imminent.

I then discovered that this is a common manufacturing fault.

If you feel confident enough you can disassemble the phone and put it back together again and it will then work fine (the problem lies in the connection between the camera and the main board).

I did this and my camera now works again 100%

Look on www.se-nse.com in the hardware forum, there is a detailed description with pictures explaining how to dismantle your phone.

If you dont feel confident doing this you will need to take it to an SE repair centre.
solveweb
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-09-27 15:35
I've just got back from carphonewarehouse, having had mine repaired for exactly the same fault under warranty.

Carphonewarehouse will repair any K750i free under warranty - without proof of purchase because the phone is a relatively new model.

The engineer said it was a common fault due to a dodgy batch of the camera-phone connector loop thingys, and unless you want it to happen again in a few months it ought to have a replacement connector. So the upshot is, that while taking the phone apart and putting it back together again 'works' as a fix, its going to happen again unless you get a replacement part.

BTW - O2 deny flat that this problem exists - i told them about it and told them to google 'k750i camera not working' and they said yes - it was clearly a problem given the number of posts on the web about it, but that they couldnt do anything about it because it had never been reported to them. Well, *I* was reporting to them, but that didnt seem to be the point. Its a good job O2 are so cheap - customer service doesnt exactly win them brownie points, does it?
cyberjaffa
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-09-27 23:08
i think 02 customer service aint bad but best i ever had was on orange

is there a "best" ? lol
Cyberjaffa
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi