Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i & GPS Software Working

Author K750i & GPS Software Working
duxxyuk
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-08-30 15:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I found odGPS. It looks fairly complete and seems to work with my Kirro BT-308 bluetooth reciever.

This software does waypoint to waypoint outdoor style navigation, not roadmap guidance.

Here's the link I came across:
http://www.outdoor-gps.de/odgps/?q=node/35

After installation in order to get this one to work do the following :

I have paired my bluetooth GPS reciever. I suggest you do the same.

Find the installed application in the applications list (do not run it yet)
Through the MORE button, go into PERMISSIONS and give it local connectivity (the bluetooth).
Start the app.
go into SETTINGS, CONNECTION and
1) Do a BT Device Search > it will then find your Bluetooth mouse
2) Do a BT Service Search > it will then find the relevant service and create a connection string for itself.
Exit from the app back to the phone OS.

Restart the app and it should find your reciever.

It appears to work although I have not really played with the settings. One thing in particular to test is the logging to filesystem...

good luck...
thefez
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-09-01 19:19
Just for info, if you have problems with the bluetooth connection to your GPS receiver:

K750 (R1L002 - 1 yr old firmware!),
Holux GR-230 BT dongle (perfectly working with my Palm T3)
odgps, gpswatch, mobitrack, jawatech

For all those apps, the BT connection with GPS worked a few seconds, just the time to get the data once or two. Then no link. I had to restart the app to get updated data.

I tried Yakko78's advice on using a default SE theme but with no improvements, then, by pure chance, found the solution: DO NOT ACTIVATE THE SCREENSAVER.
Since then, all the above programs plus J2MEmap and Mgmaps can keep up the connection to the GPS receiver. Maybe it's only because of the old FW... I'll try updating it, but this one still has the trick to avoid the shutter sound when taking pictures...

Just my 2 cents
Sunami
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-03 21:14
@ duxxyuk

odGPS java app is not downloadable because the download site is down.
I've sent a mail to them cause i'd like to try this litle gem in my k750i paired with a holux gpslim, but still without reply. Would you mind to send it to me at sergio99@terra.es ? Thanks in advance.

I'm using it with mobitrackpro, it works fine but can't load tracks from the memory stick. I'd lake to have this feature. Thanks in advance again.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi