Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > msi usb bluetooth key (MS-6967)

Previous  123 ... 373839
Author msi usb bluetooth key (MS-6967)
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-25 01:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
on XP, you would have to uninstall the network device to re-install the network drivers. same thing could be done on w2k.
patrickl
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-29 16:22
I got fed up with the trouble I had with the MSI dongle, so I bought a dongle from Acer. Of course this one also came with Widcomm drivers so I was a bit worried.

The Acer dongle I received came bundled with the 1.3.2.7 version of the Widcomm drivers. These seem to work fine. Bluetooth works AND I can still connect to the internet.

It's amazing ...
Drliamski
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-05-03 16:59
Can you guts help i wonder!
Is there a way of having an automatic bT serial connection occur with my p900 when it comes back n range?
How would i if it is possible?
when you ladies go into a public restroom and sit in a stall, do you ever hear other girls taking a shit? what's it sound like? reason i'm askin is, when us fellas pop a squat in a public restroom we hear some insane shit. literally. some of the noises th
mapex
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-05-06 13:56
Anyone bought the Gigabyte key BT device?
SatFan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-05-23 15:16
Quote:

On 2004-03-25 01:18:36, GOwin wrote:
on XP, you would have to uninstall the network device to re-install the network drivers. same thing could be done on w2k.

This is definitely not true for windows XP:

Quote from Microsoft: "In Windows XP, the TCP/IP stack is considered a core component of the operating system; therefore, it is not possible to uninstall TCP/IP in Windows XP.
"

you can read whole article at MS website here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;299357

regards,
SatFan
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-25 03:46
@satfan
yes, the TCP/IP protocol cannot be removed by itself, that is why I wrote that network device be re-installed.
manilabynight
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-08-16 02:50
I have a problem with MSI Btoes USB (MS6967) with my new K700. Before when I had a T68i it worked perfectly but when I tried to use it with my K700 it doesn't seem to recognize my phone. When I do a search for Bluetooth devices it detects my phone but there is a big question mark on top of the phone logo. I am using the latest 1.4.2.10 driver release from MSI and my dongles firmware is the latest cambridge vers. 525. Can somebody help me on this? I desperately need to transfer all the information from my old T68i into my new phone that I've backed up on my HD and I no longer have my old phone with me! Help please!
dok_knight2006
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 18:03
where can i get the security code for upgrading the software?
im stuck on ver 1.3.1
i currently use msi pc2pc bluetooth...
i tried filling out the form from msi about two weeks ago..
still they didnt send me one...

is there a workaround for this?

tnx
DJPJ
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-11 13:57
Quote:

On 2004-05-03 16:59:58, Drliamski wrote:
Can you guts help i wonder!
Is there a way of having an automatic bT serial connection occur with my p900 when it comes back n range?
How would i if it is possible?

I have a t68i and have been searching for a solution to this problemn for months now, i dont think anyone uses it that much.....

But there are some who do....just check te following links..

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=63692
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=63547
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=24124
etc...

Some do want to know a solution...but none are given..

Please does anybody know a solution to our (little) problem????
chilko
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-21 17:34
http://jon.gotdns.com/downloads/public/Apps/

just download 1.4.3.4 drivers (or latest from msi for btoes) and use application from patch_v4.exe to make them work without license
nikk_uk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-12 18:12
I too am having problems with this MS6967 trying to install it on a XP with SP2. After repeated calls and email via the website to MSI they have not responded and I am left with an adaptor with no security code to enter. Yes, the website MSI/Broadcom (Widcomm) said use 1.3, but the MSI website said to use the latest drivers.

I tried 1.3 and 1.2.* software and it all fails on the PC, I think it cannot work with XP SP2. Any ideas from anyone

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-12 18:19
@nikk_uk

This thread might be of interest to you.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-12 18:25
I used the instructions that are on the MSI website for installing onto SP2 and it works perfectly on my PC.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
bluegween
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-28 05:16
like you guys, im having the same problem with my MSI Btoes Dongle on Windows XP with SP2 installed.

the first time i installed the bundled MSI software (1.3.1) it worked fine but in a couple of days after, i now get the message:
"ERROR: Unable to start the bluetooth stack service"

so what i did i uninstalled the MSI Software and searched the net and looked into forums for update drivers and solutions - i saw an update at the MSI website for operating system with SP2 installed (1.4.3.4) so i downloaded it, followed the instructions and installed it.

but what the v.1.4.3.4 driver did was it jus enabled (i guess) windows xp SP2's native bluetooth support! in my control panel there appeared a new icon which is the Bluetooth Devices icon - i must say that SP2s bluetooth support isnt that good because you cannot send multiple files from Phone to PC - you have to send it one by one - which really sucks!!!

at first i dont know how to get rid, disable or remove it so i looked into forums again on how to re-use the bundled software. by the power of the "update driver" option i was able make it use the MSI software again.

i downloaded driver from another forum for the so-called cure for the SP2 problem i think it is a version from "Jon's Guide blutooth how-to website" i installed it and followed instructions - i was able to make it work, detect my phone, send file to my phone but the only problem is that i cannot send files from my Phone to PC... duh!

i dont know what else to do here....
any help will be appreciated...

im online ate yahoo messenger
message me, yahoo ID: bluegreen_018

Thanks!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 373839
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic