Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > do you want a SE phone with Windows Mobile OS in the near future?

12  Next
Author do you want a SE phone with Windows Mobile OS in the near future?
andybutkaj
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
me, big YES
K800i, W800i, K700i, T610i, T300
http://www.butkaj.com/
http://www.butkaj.info/
http://www.gad-get.info/
Devilishcry
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:27
Would be a nice touch
If I Woke Up From My Dreams, I'd Rather Be Dead...
Ing. FijoK
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:29
yes yes yes yes
I saw the man who can change my destiny... He stood in the mirror.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:33
as a big advocate of the windows mobile operating system (I've always been very happy with my iPAQs) who is currently very happy with my i-mate JAM I would like to see more manufacturers take advantage of this.

it would be interesting to see how well Sony Ericsson could implement this operating system into a hardware they design so that they can stand above the rest

personally I don't see it happening though
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:33
Nope.

I like it symbian just the way it is.

However if they are going to pack it with features I think theyre gonna eventually have to move to Windows mobile
-Kamikaze-
Esato- The first Biased Sony Ericsson Forums
MP3 Ringtones? Oh yeah Laffen killed them.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:37
@andybutkaj

What a ghastly idea! SE would be as well as letting Nokia design their handsets if they did that.

I rather like the fact that SE retain a element of independence and offer their customers something different. I am looking forward to UIQ3.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
punkserb
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:45
NEVER!!!!
Ing. FijoK
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 21:46
WHY?
I saw the man who can change my destiny... He stood in the mirror.
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-05 22:02
I am yet to use a device powered by Windows Mobile OS, so I really cannot tell... :-)

This message was posted from a P800

CrackerJack
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-06 02:43
I'd like to see and Apple Computers as partners rather than the Microsoft way.
INTEGRITY

Without it...
Everything else is irrelevant.
aydahm
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-06 04:04
yes, absolutely yes, it would be great.
blayv
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-06 04:10
@ crackerjack- true, true. I wouldn't even use windows (which is, imho the most stupid os I've ever used) on my pc if I could play dII and heroes 3 in some other way. And it gave me too many headaches already, to want me having it on my SE.

This message was posted from a T610

Rhino8
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-06 08:00
Sony is known for always coming up with something different, so why not get apple to design an operating system and stay above nokia.
ARSENAL : Samsung Galaxy SII
http://members.esato.com/rhino8
andybutkaj
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-06 08:30
Hey guys
thanks for replies.

masseur:
Im surprised with your opinion and i dont know you are big advocate of win mobile systems. Even when i do not know you, you have my sympathies, because of your every single answer to relevant topics. Im surprised because you have so many devices tested, checked, tried, and im happy i am not alone in this idea.
Somewhere in my heart there is small piece which is hoping that someone from SE manufacter will read this, and maybe they start to think about this.

yazan24:
after trying symbian, i am so dissapointed, and when i heard that symbian 9.0 is not compatible with previous versions , and application must be reprogrammed, or rechecked or i dont know what, i think this is not good step from them

scotsboyuk, and others:
i think i understand you, and in my opinion SE design and MS design are not very "compatible" too or only i can not imagine it as well. More "connected" for me is design of Apple and SE, but in these days (meaning years) is "better sparrow (windows) in the hand, then dove (apple) on the roof". For me its more important today status-quo of windows mobile system functionality, or possible connection and synchronisation with pc then design. And design of win is not that bad imo.

[ This Message was edited by: andybutkaj on 2005-02-06 07:31 ]
Lordmike
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-02-06 08:42
Well ofcourse we would want Apple to create a mobile OS, since Mac OS X is just a UNIX-based operating system (Apple didn't make the whole core from scratch otherwise it wouldnt be a UNIX-based system).
But saying we should get Apple to do a new core for a mobile, wouldn't it be better to go straight for the people who write UNIX/Linux kernels instead? I'd love a KDE or Gnome system on mine, even just using korn or bash would suit me well as long as I can place a call.

I have used BeOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and Slackware. They work great if you know how to use them and they don't crash (unless I run new alpha/beta code as root *grins*).
I never touched a Mac (have nothing against em except the price so I'd probably love it!!). Oh anyone who wants to gimme the new Mac mini? It's so darn cute.. though I'd love a Mac with double G5 *sighs*.

I have used Windows since 3.1 (no not 3.11 ) and I totally love Windows XP Professional. Works smooth, had my bugs and crashes when I still used the beta. After that I only had 2 bluescreens and those where my own fault (unplugged hardware when it was still in use *grins*).

Hmm Symbian, works ok and I'm still puzzled if Symbian is the core or if UIQ is the core... But the UIQ would be like BIOS for a PC?! and Symbian ehm.. like Windows (yeah I know, just love windows OK? ok )?! *puzzled*.

Rant over... I think... Conclusion... ehm.. somewhere over the rainbow... Gimme a Pxxx with a new os or improve Symbian/UIQ and I will be nice... for like an hour. =)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi