Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks

Author Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks
Bammers
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 21:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Changing the subject again, I've heard that "T-mobile" is the worst network for customer service, anyone else heard that? Or is O2 really that bad?
Jake Blues
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 22:55
im on o2 and ive never had any major probs with cs. but its all i hear on esato! i not heard many bad things bout tmob..
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-01-23 10:41
I refer to a phone going gay when it plays up.. ya know switching off, not working etc

I asked at o2 yesterday bout myphone...

they say it was the older batch with the probs,
if I notice anything on mine I should bring it back, but lets see

apparentley alot of the o2 staff have them phones themselves, they say they haven't noticed anything
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2005-01-23 10:57
ill say nothing about o2!!!

fatreg
Bammers
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-23 23:26
ah, now I understand what Miss UK means, but where does "go gay" come from?LOL!! Never heard that before!
Thought maybe you were referring to your preferences!LOL!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-01-24 01:08
Dunno Bammers.. I pickup bad habit's from PPL
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-01-24 15:28
Well perhaps you should drop your habits as they're really quite offensive.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-01-24 21:10
And to who they offending? :-l

This message was posted from a K700i

p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2005-01-24 22:01
i was on tmobile untill a few days ego wen i moved to o2 to gat a free D500 and so far its ok,

what is the tel number for o2 C+S;s from my mobile?

Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-01-24 22:03
Go too www.o2.co.uk

sugarcoated
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-25 11:10
I'm a bit shocked by all the problems found with o2, I've had an online pay as you go sim for 2/3 years and no problems what so ever. I have had my k700i a week or so and no problems with the two being compatible so far, although I bought my k700i sim free! I am a bit worried now though after reading this thread. I love my k700i and i love my deal with o2-with the online deal I get 300 sms free a month (so guess i shouldn't really moan if a few are a bit late anyway!)
Like I said though "touch wood" no problems so far!
just_marlow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-25 16:53
phoned up the 02 upgrade centre to try and upgrade to an s700i!

Although the phone is listed onh the website, it has been officially withdrawn from sale. The 02 shops and 02 website should not sell you this phone. Even if you complete an order on the website, it will not get dispatched!

The operator i spoke to said they were experiencing network problems with the SE sms system and the O2 infrastructure and neither phone will be on sale for at least a month!

Looks like im going to have to wait another month to upgrade to this phone as 02 have the best online tariffs around and im not going to sswitch just to have an s700 and get skrewed with a poop competitor tariff!
Lembo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-25 17:48
My girlfriend has just moved to O2 as I'd did 8 months ago.

On Sunday she had trouble sending a MMS so she emailed them at 12.05pm.

By 12.16pm she had a reply from them with details how to config the phone that wasn't all just 'cut & paste'.

I was very impressed about that and still haven't had a single problem with them.

boosy
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-26 00:34
I've had several problems with O2 since I swapped to them about 6 months ago. First the highly publicised billing problem that apparently only affected a handfull of business customers had them overcharging me for the first three months straight. And no, I'm not a business customer. Their customer service on this matter was very poor I thought (I emailed them rather than spending 50p/min on the phone).

Also ever simce I've been with them I have had text message problems - the most annoying one being that when I get a concatenated SMS (usually from one specific person), I only get the first part through. I need to send them a message back before I get the remainder of the message. This had cost me quite a lot of cash in blank messages. I have also had problems with not getting messages and occasionally other people not getting mine.

After the watchdog program I emailed them asking about swapping my phone, mentioning the watchdog program and they they had promised to replace any faulty phones. I got a crappy standard reply asking me to do various diagnostic things - stuff which has nothing to do with my problem. So I wrote back saying that didn't help and that I just wanted them to replace it as they had promissed on the TV - specifically telling them not to fob me off again. What did I get back? An email identical to the first one - "try this" etc. Bastards. After another angry email to them I finally got a reply offering to swap it for the T630 or Nokie 6230/6610i - only I don't want either of those phones, I just want a working replacement for my K700 (might consider an S700).

So it looks like I'm going to have to wait until they have resolved the issue and try getting it replaced then - though if it's a fault with their network rather than the phone they'll probably not do a replacement. Which means I've been having problems for months with no compensation.

And is it really going to be fixed within a month or so? Well I know it's been happening for at least 6 months, so I wouldn't bank on it.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-01-26 01:08
Cos ur phones 6mths old I assume its the old batch thats why ur msging is not gettin thru vice versa.. Send ur phone back for a alternative or just stick with ur old handset :-)

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic