Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks

Author Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks
dwain
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 16:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've had my k700i for about 6 months... the first 4 months the servcie was ok, but the service on o2 has steadily degenerated since to the extent that at least 2 days a week i no longer get (or are able to send!) texts...

I've been in contact with O2 all morning about this, they have withdrawn both the s700 and k700 from sale. If there are any links to it on any website etc, then even if ordered, they assure me they won't be dispatched.

The issue, as explained to me by there staff on 3 seperate occasions, is a fundamental technology mismatch between what O2 network can support and what the SE phones can do.

Although only 1% of phones had previously had issues reported, the number is much higher now ... if you dont believe me you try getting through to customer services to discuss it! lol... It would appeat lots of people, myself included, assumed it was a network coverage issue and therefore didnt report anything until now!!!

O2 are offering all customers who own k700 or s700 phones the option of moving to either Nokia 6230, Nokia 6610 or SE T630. Or customers may leave the network (even within min contract periods) free of charge.

They originally claimed it was SE who withdrew the handsets from all networks but having also spoken to T-mobile and Orange this morning, its clear thats not the case. It is specific to O2, and it is an issue that phones would seem to develop the longer you have them!!!!! BE WARNED!
Jake Blues
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 16:38
i bet the reason the problem seems to be spreading is that o2 have been messing with the network and made things worse.

im just waiting for a press release:
"o2 no longer support sms for sonyericsson phones"
because theyve messed things up beyond repair.
dave_uk
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 16:49
Hmmm.....

O2 ARE still selling the S700i, just not the K700i. Just called O2 Direct Sales to confirm - number's on the website (08702257879). And it IS still available on their website.

Weirdorama!
dwain
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 16:56
Thats crazy. I quite literally just spoke to the disconnections guys about it.... 0870 2259933 option 3... they *tried* to get me an s700i (which i offered to pay for!) but said that it was no longer available. I told them i had it on-screen on the website at that time to which they replied even if i order it, it will not be dispatched! E-mails had been cascaded around the organisation to that effect earlier this morning (or so they claim!)

Stupid company tho... you'd think sales would work from the same system as everyone else surely?
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 17:04
I take it this discconnection only applys to phone bought from o2 store or online? or is it for anyone how has bought a s700i on o2?
OBEY GAINT
dwain
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 17:08
Er, not sure. The first person i spoke to was really unhelpful and had said any disconnection would result in a chage being levied for the remained of my contract... After i called them back, the second guy i spoke to said it would all be done for free as there was a recognised and known fault with the phone... tho that is based on me having a k700i, not s700 so it may be different!

It seems a bit hit and miss tbh depending on who you talk to. I'm going to leave it a day or two for O2 to get its act together and then call back. Hopefully i'll then get the same answer regardless of who i speak too!!
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 17:11
Think i'll phone up o2 and try and get some answers
OBEY GAINT
adriandaz
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 20:28
Hello, I have an s700i, which WAS branded with Vodaphone software so I flashed it with multiserver and upgraded it to the latest december firmware, I had text "lump" issues the other day where a block of messages come all in one, and some my sending texts were delyed, however the darling I was texting had a k700i, which she is now getting replaced for a nokia

Adrian.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 23:09
theres also problems with the k700i an s700i on voda at the mo... people r recieving multiple txts which r stopping them sending and recieving ne txts... big problem that we r tryin to fix asap...

by the way this doesnt affect every customer with the mentioned handsets only certain customers in certain areas... i havent got the list of places either... its something to do with the message centres themselves....

[ This Message was edited by: voda_jon on 2005-01-20 22:13 ]
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 23:21
anyone got any news as to weather, the s700 is really effected by this?
OBEY GAINT
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 23:40
I don't understand how the S700i has been swept along with this, it's never been off sale on the O2 website since watchdog was on. It's on there now. There is no way on earth that all of a sudden SE phones won't work on O2.

This reminds me of the big 'O2 text stuck' scenario of 2003. Accounts had been messed with resulting in loads of people getting stuck texts. the only way to get your texts for a lot of us (at the time it seemed it was people still on Genie tariffs) was to call O2 and get them to read them out. It was unreal, only lasted a few weeks but still annoying.

I've had one from O2 for two weeks and it's been perfect. I never had a problem with my K700i and I average about 800 text a month.
Bammers
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-21 00:11
I would recommend that anyone having problems with their phones and/or network get in touch with their local Trading Standards Service, its free and if they won't take your case on they will provide free advice on courts, legal rights etc. Give it a go, some even write letters for you etc
The more people kick up the more likely O2 are to do something about it. Either that or I've always found turning up at the shop and make a fuss normally does the trick, if you've got the balls walk up and down outside the shop and tell everyone going in how bad the customer service is. Normally does the trick, stay on the footpath and keep moving tho, then the police cant do you for obstruction! Good luck, I'm on Orange so dont have this problem!
Jake Blues
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-21 01:04
until voda jon posted it seemed so clear, o2 messed up a f/w version or 2. but now the plot thickens...... [addsig]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-01-21 01:14
Siemens had a few handsets available on o2 onlines site befor xmas then all of a sudden everyphones vanished??? whats up there.. I did notice a fault mention over the S series but even o2 says a sw fix was available umm!

This message was posted from a WAP device

pce_54
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-21 02:00
Yeah it was annoying for me when i switched from orange to O2 as it didn;t have delivery reports. only later found out from O2 that their network didn't suport it.

And the person who rang technical support was a complete fool, 09 numbers are always premium rate and it does state that on the website below the number.
her problem for being a complete fool
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic