Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks

Author Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-09 12:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2005-02-09 12:09:49, just_marlow wrote:
wtf?!?

Has GPRS totally 'gone down' on 02? I cant send txt messaging using my o2 gprs settings! Ive had to change it to the gsm account for it to work! Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Its working perfectly fine for me. Have you phoned O2 to see what they say?
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 00:55
David which nokia did o2 exchange the faulty K7 for not that x-factor ting was it? :-l:-D

This message was posted from a K700i

heppell2k
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-02-17 17:18
I eamiled o2 using the mycare email address. I basically said i was definitely nt pleased with there level of service preciously, and now because i had read up on this watchdog thing that i was seriously considering cancelling my contract as i spend far too much monthly to be treated like sh**. I said i did not find it acceptable that i should be limited in my choice of phones as when i purchased my k700 i had a wide range, plus i can not consider a nokia on the same level as a sony ericcson. However because of the problems with the se phones with o2. i basically said i would only accept a Samsung D500, or i would be taking my businnees elsewhere and cancelling my contract. Here is the response i got jsut so those of you who dont like the nokias, heres what ya get!

I am very sorry to learn of the level of service you may have received from O2.
It is clear we may have not provided you with the usual high level of service to
which we aspire. I appreciate the continued patience you have shown us whilst
dealing with this matter.

I would like to inform you that we can replace your faulty Sony Ericsson K700i
phone with the phone of your choice. However, you need to pay us the extra cost
that might be there for your selected option of the phone.

If you are ready to pay the differences in the cost of the replacement phone
that might be there, may I request you to kindly send us the details of the
phone that you would like to have, so that we can do the needful for you.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your
continued patience.

If you need further information regarding this matter, please reply to this
email. For further details about O2, please visit our online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Kind regards,

Kiran Kohli
O2 Customer Service.

Now has anyone any idea what this differnece in price will be, like big numbers or...
Also, does anyone know that if we accept there offer of a new rep[lacement phone, whether they will tie me to another 12months, as i need to be reassured that i am treated as an individuaal customer withrespect and not just another consumer if ya get what i mean
Skwiz
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-18 02:05
Hie, just need some quick advice. Which phone would you consider a suitable replacement for the K700? Coz I'll be returning mine today after being ignorant for sometime now. Help!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-02-18 21:49
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 17:18:40, heppell2k wrote:
I eamiled o2 using the mycare email address. I basically said i was definitely nt pleased with there level of service preciously, and now because i had read up on this watchdog thing that i was seriously considering cancelling my contract as i spend far too much monthly to be treated like sh**. I said i did not find it acceptable that i should be limited in my choice of phones as when i purchased my k700 i had a wide range, plus i can not consider a nokia on the same level as a sony ericcson. However because of the problems with the se phones with o2. i basically said i would only accept a Samsung D500, or i would be taking my businnees elsewhere and cancelling my contract. Here is the response i got jsut so those of you who dont like the nokias, heres what ya get!

I am very sorry to learn of the level of service you may have received from O2.
It is clear we may have not provided you with the usual high level of service to
which we aspire. I appreciate the continued patience you have shown us whilst
dealing with this matter.

I would like to inform you that we can replace your faulty Sony Ericsson K700i
phone with the phone of your choice. However, you need to pay us the extra cost
that might be there for your selected option of the phone.

If you are ready to pay the differences in the cost of the replacement phone
that might be there, may I request you to kindly send us the details of the
phone that you would like to have, so that we can do the needful for you.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your
continued patience.

If you need further information regarding this matter, please reply to this
email. For further details about O2, please visit our online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Kind regards,

Kiran Kohli
O2 Customer Service.

Now has anyone any idea what this differnece in price will be, like big numbers or...
Also, does anyone know that if we accept there offer of a new rep[lacement phone, whether they will tie me to another 12months, as i need to be reassured that i am treated as an individuaal customer withrespect and not just another consumer if ya get what i mean

Well I upgraded to my K700i a month ago now and before I did I asked how much for the D500.. they told me it was £200 hope that helps

am I the only 02 customer here now with a o2 K700i lmao
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
farook911
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-20 16:17
Its nice to see that some of you actually have some leverage/power over O2, by saying that you'll cancel your contract. Unfortunately for me, i bought my k700i SimFree for £330 (back in july last year) and use it with my O2 (online) PAY AS YOU GO sim. The operative word being: PAY AS YOU GO. And so as expected, O2 dont give a shit about me, even though i still spend about £20 per month with them. I've had this shit problem with the delayed txting since september, and i've spent the last 5 months bitching to them about it but they wont do f*ck all because i didnt buy my phone from them and they dont care about losing a measly pay as you go customer. The sad thing is, they wont lose me because i cant afford to spend an extra £30 per month on txts with another network, i need my free txts and i cant afford a new phone cos i'd have to buy it sim free (cant afford a contract....i'm a student) and dont see why i should buy a new phone within a year of spending £330 on a perfectly good phone (k700i). To sum it all up, life's a bitch, O2 are pr*ks and theres nothing i can do about it.
just_marlow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-21 23:20
the s700i is now available from 02.......... NEXT WEEK!!!

They havnt got any stocks in at the moment, so mark down Monday 28th Feb in your diaries if youve been waiting to upgrade!!!

And for a laugh when i phoned up, they sed it would be £260 to upgrade!!! *WHAT* So i said id leave it for now. But i phoned up again and went through to the cancellations dept. Asked why i wanted to cancel my contract i said "ive just been told it would be £260 to upgrade my phone to the s700i. Why should i do this when i can start a new contract with you and get the phone for £80 or go to VodaFone and get it for free?" The guy went to talk to his manager. He came back and said they havnt got any in stock so he cant tell me what deal he can give me but if i phone up i'll apparently get a "really good deal!"

Now, when i phone back up and if they offer me the upgrade at the same price as a new contract (£80) im not going to take it and ill threaten to cancel my contract. When asked why ill say

"i was originally told it would cost £260 to upgrade my phone, your now offering me £80 which is the same as starting a new contract. I am an existing customer and am not willing to pay anything like that amount for the upgrade considering you were going to rip me off originally charging me £260! if you cant offer me a better deal than that, ill cancel my contract. What authority to i report this to as you are blatantly scamming customers."

Im going to hold out and nothing, but will settle for £30 upgrade cost due to the fact i need this fone badly (waiting 5 months= 1,000 years) and cant afford to move off the brilliant o2 online contracts (02's trump card!!!)

Another funny thing, when i foned to upgrade they said why do i want that fone. i said due to the unique design and the features. the guy replied that the upgrade would cost £260 because of the uniqueness of the design and nothing to do with the features as there pretty much standard now!!! Does 02 even know what there going on about! LOL!!!

well hope you enjoyed the storey and will keep you all posted!

£260 my 4RSE!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 09:49
@Just_Marlow.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with O2.

It really is a game of bluff when you are upgrading your contract. They should really give you the S700 for free. I got mine for free from Phones4U on a new O2 contract - £40/monthly 800 x network minutes, which I can downgrade after 3 months if I want to. If I was upgrading I would expect to ge the phone for nothing, especially if you have a highish monthly fee.

Buggers!!

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2005-02-22 08:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2005-02-22 08:53 ]
coplandcolin
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-22 10:24
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 16:17:03, farook911 wrote:
The sad thing is, they wont lose me because i cant afford to spend an extra £30 per month on txts with another network, i need my free txts and i cant afford a new phone cos i'd have to buy it sim free (cant afford a contract....i'm a student)

Why not try an Orange student deal.

**50% off calls to UK landlines**
**payment holiday - pause your monthly payments for up to 12 months - if you decide to work or study abroad **

£25 per month - (1000sms, 120 X-Net mins & Free phone)
£30 per month - (1000sms, 200 X-Net mins & Free phone)

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/students?logclick=student
Unlock Info - Games - Headset Mods
http://www.mutleysplanet.com
bobby_splithead2000
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-22 11:45
Justmarlow:

I think it's a little harsh to say O2 are "scamming" customers with upgrade prices that may seem high. What you have to bare in mind is that a lot of the new connection deals you see in the high street, places like onestopphoneshop.co.uk and so on are heavily subsidised by the mobile phone networks, basically they give the dealer (even if its on of their own retailers) a large sum of money to be able to offer these deals and attract new business.

From working in the industry for 4 years, as a retention advisor, these offers are something I have had to compete with for years, fortunately the networks, now that the market has reached saturation, have realised that it is important to retain existing customers, and that is why, when you ring O2, Vodafone and whoever else, they can offer you various sweeteners, for example, reduction in line rental, reduction in handset charge and other freebies. These will vary from network to network but generally if you call to upgrade and are not happy with the price, if you say you could cancel and get cheaper elsewhere, as long as you can prove it, they will do their best to keep you. Unless your bills are less than £20 per month, which is generally non-profitable.

Also if you try to complain to OFCOM or some other body about the cost of upgrades they will generally laugh in your face, as it is not a question of not providing a service. The standard upgrade prices are dependent entirely on how much the products cost to buy in.

Hope this helps.
just_marlow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-23 19:12
some good points raised but how can o2 justify charging an existing customer £260 to upgrade to the phone when i can cancel my contract, then go to the o2 website and get the phone on the same tariff for £79.99!

Anyway, just phoned today and upgraded. Getin the phone for free (threatened to cancel and go to vodafone) on the Online 200 Tariff (200mins and 500txts= £30/month) so not bad!!!

Those who are having problems still with o2, i hope you get them sorted soon.

good luck!
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-22 19:59
Sounds like its 3`s time for a slagging on watchdaog now.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-22 20:22
Their slagging off the LG 8110/8120 on 3 right now.

[ This Message was edited by: Del on 2005-03-22 19:24 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-03-29 00:01
The K700i has made it back onto the o2 website I spotted it over the weekend so the probs are they sorted or....?
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-03-30 09:41
=====================================================Guys, I was having the same problem with my S700i. My text messages were arriving 8 hours late etc.

The fix that worked for me was simple:

From MAIN MENU >>> CONNECTIVITY >>> DATA COMMUNICATION >>> SMS ACCESS. Change this to GSM.

This work perfectly for me and I have had no issues since.

In fact I am surprised O2 haven't done this as this fix has been around for a while now.

Thanks.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic