Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks

Author Watchdog slagging off UK Mobile Networks
boosy
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 11:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
SUCCESS!!! At least I think.

Spoke to cancellations department (number above) and that person said I had to sort out with a replacement with customer services. I asked to speak to her manager.

The manager initially said the same thing, but I explained that two of the three programs I use with my phone (FMA, iSync) are no use on their nokia replacements, and that the T630 was a far inferior phone. She said they had spoken to trading standards who were happy with the replacements they were offering. She asked me the specific features I use on the K700 that I would not get on the replacements (go into your call armed with this info). Eventually she said she's look into it and phone me back, after asking me specifically what software I needed to use and how much it cost me.

She phoned back about 10 mins later saying the Nokia 6230 had all the features of the K700 and that they would offer me 1 month free line rental, and that I could still upgrade at the end of my current contract (6 months). This to me was a joke, as that phone does not work with iSync or FMA. Also it's a crap phone as far as I'm concerned. I said to her that I considered that offer a bit of a joke, and then she offered to cancel the contract for me.

So all seems good at the moment, but still not entirely convinced all will go to plan. She's going to send me an email to confirm details so hopefully that will boost my confidence.

Anyway... PERSEVERE!!

boosy
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 11:31
I just got the email from her, and thankfully all does appear well. I need to phone back after I have sent them the phone to get my PAC, at which time they will cancel my contract. I need to tell them to read her note on my account so they won't charge me the disconnect fee.

I hope that many people reading this will keep on at them and move network because O2 are a disgrace and do not deserve to have customers.
just_marlow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 14:21
well, i suppose this from the 02 website (help section) might help...

If things go wrong.

Your guide to making a complaint

At O2 we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you're unhappy with any part of our service, tell us. It gives us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.

Your first point of contact
-------------------------
Our Customer Service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone, letter or email. You'll find all the details on the back of your bill.

Putting things right
------------------
We'll look into your complaint immediately and try to sort the issue out as fully as we can. If you're unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our Customer Service Team Managers to investigate further.

An impartial review
------------------
We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you are still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and would like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaint Review Service
PO Box 116
Leeds
LS11 5DS
Fax: 0113 388 6696

What we need to know:

In your letter please include the following information:
• Your name and address
• Your mobile and account numbers
• A daytime phone number
• Details of your complaint
• A suggestion of what you'd like us to do to put things right

If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of supervisors and managers you've spoken to.

An independent review
---------------------
The telecommunications ombudsman, Otelo, can review your complaint if we haven?t been able to sort the situation out using the steps above. Unless there is a deadlock situation, Otelo won?t look at cases that are less than 12 weeks old.

Otelo
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU
www.otelo.org.uk
Email: enquiries@otelo.org.uk
Phone: 0845 050 1614
Textphone: 0845 051 1513

If you have a complaint about premium rate services, contact ICSTIS at:
ICSTIS
Clove Building
4 Maguire Street
London
SE1 2NQ
Phone: 0800 500 212

If you need advice
For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local-authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local-authority offices.

If you ever need to make a complaint, we're always here. Should you have any feedback about our service, let us know so we can make improvements going forward.

Thank you for choosing O2.

-------------------------

well, i thinkl everyone should forward there complaints onto the Otelo place listed above but like it says, they wont look at your case unless its 12 weeks old! Antyway, if you didnt note down the details here they are:

Otelo
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU
www.otelo.org.uk
Email: enquiries@otelo.org.uk
Phone: 0845 050 1614
Textphone: 0845 051 1513
liamtollan
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 17:35
boosy...
Im planning to take the same course of action as you tomorrow. Ive been putting it off so far awaiting their reply to my emails though Ive finally given up on that approach- Ive been replying to an email a day from them and havent had any luck.
A few questions...
Im not the most confident on the phone, especially when complaining so I am wondering how much hassle they give you? Regarding FMA and isync how much information did they ask about those programs? Is there anything I should know about them? In addition to this I plan to mention that I have bought SE accessories- desktop charger and SE blutooth headsets (though I know these will work with Nokia too).
Is there anything else I should know before going onto the phone to them?
And am I able to keep my number when transferring networks? Or will this add to the hassle (its not completely necessary)?

Cheers, Liam
boosy
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 22:18
The first person basically just told me to go back to customer services. I simply said they could not offer me what I wanted and asked to speak to her manager. She then put me on to the manager without any problem.

The manager gave me a bit of a hard time, basically saying that trading standards said the phones they were offering are a suitable replacement and that she thought they were fulfilling their obligations. I said that the nokia ones were not suitable as isync and fma would not work with them (FMA is SE only, and iSync has limited Nokia support). She didn't ask a lot about the programs, just roughly what they did and how much they cost (free). Probably a good idea to mention using it with a Mac because they probably are less equipt to argue against that. She went away to speak to someone and even when she called me back she said I should take the nokia and a month's free line rental - she said it did everything the K700 did. I pretty much laughed at her, said I thought her offer was a joke and that there was no way I would even consider it. She failed my most important requirement - I needed an SE phone. As soon as I said that she agreed to cancel my contract.

From my impression she basically has been told to try everything she can to persuade the customer that they will not budge any further and that their offer is "more than fair" (her words), but at the end of the day the phone was not fit for the purpose I bought it for so they had *in my opinion* no choice but to cancel my contract.

I am not usually very good on the phone either, in fact I had put it off for several days, but at the end of the day I know that I had shelled out a lot of cash on something that did not work, and that they had tried to fob me off on too many occasions. Armed with that frame of mind, I was not going to back down.

You will need to persevere. Just do not relent at all, and eventually you will win out.

You can keep your number (which I will be doing) but it's a bit of a hassle. You send the phone to them, and about 2 weeks later I need to phone them to ask for my PAC (port authorisation code). Once you have that, you just give it to your new provider and you should have service on your original number in a couple of days

Good luck, and give them hell
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 23:13
Anyone want my o2 K700i lo buy me a S65 in exchange :-D cos o2 dont have them online :-l

This message was posted from a K700i

liamtollan
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-02 18:47
SUCESS!!!
I phoned them today. Initially they wouldnt budge and when I asked for a manager she went away and came back telling me she'll transfer me to CS. After telling her I didnt want to speak to them she started discussing matters. She claimed the T630 has ALL the same features as the K700. They had not broken their contractual agreement because they had offered me a suitable replacement. I didnt agree. I asked if she felt the T630 was of similar quality to the K700- she only said it 'had all the same features'. Again she went away and cam back asking what phone I wanted. I told her I wanted a working k700. At this point she offered to send me a new k700 that would 'probably' work fine!!! hahaha After talkign about Watchdog (again) she went off for a third time and came back saying they will disconnect me tonight! They didnt ask for the phone back and even gave me my PAC!!! Im slightly sceptical about whether they will actually do what they said, but I guess Ill find out in a few hours!!! A friend of mine also phoned and went through a similar routine, resulting in his contract being cancelled tonight also. Anyway, thanks for all your help and hopefully I will be phone-less tomorrow! Good luck to anyone else still with a k700 on o2!!!
Liam
Hal2000
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-02 19:52
I cannot vouch for the veracity of this information (I foundn it on a finnish tech forum, but I have tried it myself and it appears to work.

I have a K700i I got just before christmas as an upgrade to my t68i and three weeks ago started experiencing the same problems as some of you with regard to delayed sending and receiving of e-mails.

In summary the advice I received - and which so far has worked for about a dozen texts - all received within 10 seconds of being sent - some from vodafone some from O2 is as follows:

In the menu, go to Connectivity > Data comm. > SMS access, and ensure that GSM is chosen, NOT GPRS.

This has worked for me on a phone with the following specs:

R2A041
prgCXC 125959_EU_6_C

LCD SW Main display: 200404231
Camera: SW 3.9
ITP SW: CXC 125 813 R2C
Customisation:
CDA102298/17 R25A
cxc125822 R1A
EU_2

I hope this isn't a temporary fix, and I hope it helps some of you resolve your issue.

Oh, BTW, first post!!!
Hal2000
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-02 20:46
Oh dear,

my humble apologies folks, it appears this fix was already posted: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=78680#post1056022

Sorry for not searching properly first!
just_marlow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-04 20:20
AGRH AGRH AGRH!!!

went into the 02 shop today and guess what was on sale, yup... the s700i! They'd taken the k off the shelf but the s still remains!?! Now how can this be? Well i asked if its for sale and they said yes. I asked why the k wasnt for sale and they said it had some technical problems which there having to sort out before they can sell it.

So, thinking i might finally be able to upgrade my 02 online contract T610 to a s700i i quickly got onto our 'buddies' on customer service. Guess what: no joy! Again i got the response that the k and s have been withdrawn awaiting an upgrade!

No i dont think anyone has suggested this so far but here it goes: How can 02 still be selling the K500i and not the S700i or k700i?!? All these phones use the same software and SMS/MMS software so why isnt the k500i experiencing problems but the k and supposidley s are?

this is really pissing me off cos im stuck with my T610 and its dated and battered! I need a new phone... i need an s700i
just_marlow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-04 22:27
well i emailed the 02 customer service asking why i can start a new contract with an s700i but cant upgrade to one with my current contract. will let u know their response asap
boosy
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-07 17:44
I tried to get them today to cancel for me over the phone, which in the morning they said they would do but I had to call back later cos their systems were down. When I called back they said no way could they cancel immediately and I had to send the phone back. I asked them if I would be refunded the money I paid for the phone. She said no way and that they were already doing me a favour letting me out of the contract. After a lot of arguing, and me insisting on speaking to a manager (which she said would make no difference) I finally got her to agree to refund my money.

Somehow they thought it was fair to sell me a non-working phone, take 6 months of subscription money off me, then not even refund the purchase price when I sent the phone back.

I still can't get over the fact that they think they are doing me a favour and keep trying to make me grateful for it.

So unfortunately I still need to wait 2 weeks to get my PAC, but at least I get another £30 out of them.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-02-09 02:23
Good to see u got it sorted bit frustrating huh ;-) still no o2 probs with myphone :-) 1 late msg ain't gonna rant about that :-D

This message was posted from a K700i

David Bowley
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-09 11:18
I had a mate who just walked in the O2 shop with the K700i, and came out with a Nokia!!! A Nokia I tell you, betrayal, what's worse is that they brainwashed him and he came out saying SE are crap! Which obviously caused me to insult his knowledge of mobile phones, but still, how could he think that phone he had was better. It wasn't even a good Nokia, it was a really crappy one as opposed to the standard crappy one.
Dave.
Got a web design question? Then join us at Splodgy.com - Web design forums
Avoid hosting and paypal scams
just_marlow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-02-09 12:09
wtf?!?

Has GPRS totally 'gone down' on 02? I cant send txt messaging using my o2 gprs settings! Ive had to change it to the gsm account for it to work! Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic