Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K700i. firmware, flashing and DaVinci. please?

Previous  12
Author K700i. firmware, flashing and DaVinci. please?
Britinvan
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-09 23:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
snkhan, thanks for your informative web site. Does the Debranding also work for O2 phones as they seem to be one of the most difficult to update?
dimmdesign
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 04:59
i would like to change my language from the current ones that my K700i have to English and Greek. So i can be able to write both on english and greek... What possible ways of doing it do I have? Is it better to go to a sony ericsson service centre or not? If yes do you know anyone in Cambridge, UK? is it possible to do it through davinci... I don't want to waste much time and money also..

thanks in advance,
dim
snkhan
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-10 17:05
Hi Britinvan,

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure wether SEUS supports O2, but flashing software like DaVinci should be able to debrand the phone. I've not used SEtool so I'm not sure how good it is.

And with regards to changing language packs, DaVinci lets you choose your language file; so this is possible.

saj
http://www.thekhans.me.uk/
dimmdesign
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 17:39
and can I just flash only the language pack. Because I have the latest firmware updated from the SE update server, so i don't want to lose it. I just want the language pack... thanks again
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-10 17:41
Wth Setool you can just change language in a few seconds, without flashing firmware again. Not sure about Davinci.

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
dimmdesign
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 18:01
the thing is that SETool does not work with the DSS25 usb cable which i have. Only the T28 i think will do which i don't have and I don't want to spend extra money for a cable that i will use only once, I guess!.
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-10 18:07
Very very soon Setool will suppport Both syncstations. Maybe even tomorrow

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
dimmdesign
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 18:16
oh thats great then... And i remember that you have told me a month ago or 2. And i am not in a hurry though. So i guess count one credit for me.

I'm glad you told me because I know that SEtool is better

Thanks a lot
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-10 18:23
It is better you are right, and some of the features to come are going to be even better and once you have a credit future firmware upgrades are free

dimmdesign
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-12 00:46
don't count me one for that credit! I flashed my mobile through DaVinci...
I have to tell that through ICQ and paypal you get the service at no time...
I send the money to paypal, and after one minute, I got the credit. After that being a mac user for less than 4 years going back to Windows (at least i had my girlfriend's laptop) I didn't realise that mac are so perfect... anyway thats another story... I had many many questions and i got them all answered in no time again. Ok sometimes not so fast but the guy had customers in his store... fair enough... It took no more that 7 minutes for the flashing and finalization. Now I do have English and Greek along side with the most recent upgrade of firmware... R2AE

That is my personal exprerience, from which I reccomend to everyone the use of Davinci server. but not always I guess.. bye
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-12 00:51
hello, the setool support is second to none. There is a wonderful support forum with lots of information and with regular announcements and help from the Author himself.

Also i suppose Setool is more for the advanced user. Its features are incredible. We can now change icons/cda/bandlock/pictures/music etc without flashing.

have a nice day.

Fuego
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 16:35
But it's no good recommending SETOOL (much as we would all like to use it) to those of us who only have a DSS-20/25 cradle if SETOOL does not work with it!

Sorry, but right now if you have a DSS-20/25 davinci server is the way to go and not SETOOL, until SETOOL actually supports DSS-20/25.

It's no good promising the support and saying it's just around the corner, because you will just piss people off who wait and wait and get nothing. Deliver the DSS-20/25 support today and it will be a different thing.
666-999
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-17 07:24
i want to use davinci to debrand my k700
my question is do i need to download a patch to use my dss-20
to unbrand my phone.

DeViLz - AnGeLz
666 Vs 999
Mikeeboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-21 13:24
Right my 1st post so please be gentle. I feel like I've read a million posts on this subject but I'm still not 100% sure what to do.

I have/will be having a vodafone branded K700i and a DCU-25.

Can I just use Davinci and 1 credit to debrand the phone then use SEUS to get latest firmware? Is it true that I don't actually need to unlock the phone to do this?

[ This Message was edited by: Mikeeboy on 2005-04-21 12:27 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi