Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > Any Americans who might help?

Previous  12
Author Any Americans who might help?
whtdlite702
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-10 20:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
U wud need 2 get a new fone if u went wid a provider that is not GSM, such as Verizon(tdma), AT&T(tdma), Sprint PCS(cdma). Just go with Cingular Wireless, they are the best GSM network in America. And u can use ur T68i wid Cingular, I hav a T68i myself.
SonyEricsson T68i - Cingular Wireless
Yoonoo
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-10 21:25
In the U.S. you also pay for incoming calls on your wireless phone. You pay the same rate you would pay for making a local call.
rjcism
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2002-07-10 22:05
@supastar

i'm talkin about CiNGULAR, california market. voicestream is not out here yet, they will be soon. also, maybe they would have a prepaid plan so that consumers can try out their offered services.

also, if u'r goin to be here for a year, don't go prepaid. there are 1 year contracts anyway. besides, prepaid doesn't have aLL the features of a mbile phone supported. u can get phones FREE with a year contract from carriers, particularly CiNGULAR. u can use that phone as a back up phone for your SE.

im telling you now, if you're goin to stay here for a year, just get a plan. enjoy the minutes, and take advantage of the features your phone can get.

PS:

did u mention where in US u'll be staying at?

-pinoy/rjcism
supastar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-11 00:41
I don't know where I'm going yet, hopefully I'll know soon.

But anyways, I've decided to trade my t68i to a Siemens 40 (also tripleband) plus some money - around 250 $..

Actually as an exchange student I am not allowed to initiate contactual agreements.

So I kind of hoped that you guys would have a produkt like the Danish talk time. It's so simple - like buying milk or something. You don't even have to registrer your name, adress etc. You just but a "talk time kit" for around 15 bucks. You'll receive a sim-card and a phonenumber. Receiving calls and sms are totally free, and you can have a zero balance forever! You just but some "talk time" when you feel like it - these are cards (like lottery-tickets).. you then scrabe a field and a code is then visible. You call your operator's re-fill number, and enter the code - volia, money on your account.

But I guess all your "products" are contractuel..? Binding for a certain period? Well, if that's the case, I should just registrer a "product" in my host parent's name, right?

But I still don't know if I should choose something other than prepaid. All I kneed is to make/receive calls and sms. WAP, mms, gprs - I really don't need these services.

What can a plan offer me, that a prepaid kit cannot?

Can someone explain EXACTLY how I purchase a Cingular prepaid kit, and what all the rules are? E.g. a link? That would be very helpful.
Gangsta for life..
waddie
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-07-14 15:35
Voicestream/T-Mobile in CA/Nevada will be officially launched tomorrow (July 15) so wait and see, i'm sure they all those promos for first time customers. and they do have prepaid kits. the only thing about prepaid is that it'' get quite expensive because you keep reloading it when your out of minutes/load card.
rj
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 20:47
addie, i asked them about pre paid yesterday, monday. they dont got no idea of what i was talking about. hehe.

just curious although they'll be using the same cellsites as cingular.
waddie
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 21:29
rj, i'm pretty sure Voicestream have pre-paid. go look into their website. they call it Easyspeak, that's maybe why that stup!d sales rep didn't know what you're talking about.
rj
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 23:59
i called the stores near mah area too. they said they don't know. maybe it's because voicestream is concentrating on signing up people to a contract than prepaid =]
waddie
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-07-19 07:33
Quote:

On 2002-07-18 23:59, rj wrote:
i called the stores near mah area too. they said they don't know. maybe it's because voicestream is concentrating on signing up people to a contract than prepaid =]

sounds about right. i think they want to get more postpaid customers since they're just starting there. but i do know for sure that they too have prepaid
rj
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-07-19 07:40
Maybe i can just ask mah cousin to send me a sim from chicago. Prepaid roams free anyway :-)

This post was posted from a T68i

ecko1981
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-21 20:59
Quote:

On 2002-07-14 15:35, waddie wrote:
Voicestream/T-Mobile in CA/Nevada will be officially launched tomorrow (July 15) so wait and see, i'm sure they all those promos for first time customers. and they do have prepaid kits. the only thing about prepaid is that it'' get quite expensive because you keep reloading it when your out of minutes/load card.

@supastar
Basically what you need to do is find out where you are going to go and see what options you have with prepaid. Also there are only 2 companies that offer pre-paid service for GSM phones in the united states they are cingular @ www.cingular.com and T-mobile/voicestreams @ www.T-mobile.com Also when you get here you can drop into any local cell phone store and see what they have to offer It also may be cheaper to use your prepaid card that you have now and see what there calling rates are for the US and just top-up when it get's low.
supastar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-25 00:46
I'm going to Waukeshia, Wisconsin.. A little town west of Milwaukee.

Then what?
Gangsta for life..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi