Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-17 14:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Welcome Geezay.Yep,SE gave us X10 users Gingerbread so all's forgiven.Come upgrade time though,Samsung at this present moment in time is at the top of my list.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-10-17 23:13
Dups

Check this out: www.engadget.com/2011/10/17/m[....]ntroduction-ahead-of-tomorrow/
i hope they make a GSM version of it, its a beaut!

Big day for Google Android tomorrow, wonder how much things will change with the Ice Cream Sandwich update, hope my tablet gets it, the X10 most definetly wont but CyanogenMOD will port it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-18 14:16
@Geezay

Welcome aboard! As they say, the more the merrier.

@Tsepz_GP

That is one great looking Moto! Since I am still using my Razr V8 I may just get that, no... if that has the right specs I will pick it up. Unfortunately, and knowing Motorola, we will get it here in SA next year in July at which time SE would have released my next phone with dual-core and 12mp camera.

If Motorola can get that over here in December or January I honestly will get it.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Geezay
HTC Desire
PM
Posted: 2011-10-18 15:41
@ Tsepz_GP, @ Hobbs and @ Dups, thanks guys, feel at home already! Same welcome I get when I travel south

I was wondering when Moto would resurrect the RAZR. They have made some iconic phones in their time.
If it is to be it is up to me!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-18 16:24

On 2011-10-18 15:41:05, Geezay wrote:
@ Tsepz_GP, @ Hobbs and @ Dups, thanks guys, feel at home already! Same welcome I get when I travel south

I was wondering when Moto would resurrect the RAZR. They have made some iconic phones in their time.

It's a pleasure, neighbour

I actually had the Razr V3 (had it for less than 8 months) that I gave to my sister after getting the Razr V8, the V8 is the best built phone I have ever had and I doubt many phones come or will come close to the materials used in the V8.

Motorola makes the best built phones by far, pity about their software side. My V8 is still going strong after more three years.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-18 17:05
Also had the RAZR v3 Matt Black.Fantastic design.Interesting they've brought the brand back.Cant wait to check this phone out Tsepz .

From Wikipedia....

'Over the RAZR's four-year run, Motorola sold more than 130 million units, becoming the best-selling clamshell phone in the world (and is still today).'

And thats not even the RAZR 2 range of phones (V8,V9)

Wow! It was their success and sadly their doom.Bring on the RAZR with Android.Woohoo!
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 06:58
Guys, I am in LOVE!!

She's stunning, intelligent, fun and just my type.

I have actually dated her sister for over three years, in fact, I am still dating her sister but the feeling is gone. The differences are that the younger sister (who is the one I have now fallen for) has everything the older sister hasn't. The younger sister is just as beautiful though I feel the older sister is slightly more beautiful, however, the older sister is not someone I would consider intelligent like the younger one is, she is also not fun but is very good where it matters.

Now I just need to break off my current relationship with the older sister.

The name of the younger sister is Droid Razr and the older sister is Razr V8.

I could just see your reaction, Dups! is asking for trouble- dating sisters!

I absolutely love the new Razr! I am up for an upgrade around March and this has become the front runner, only Moto can kill my interest in it like they did with the Droid Pro by releasing it after a year it was announced. Now that Google owns Moto, the software part is hopefully on par with the likes of SE.

SE will have to come up with something out of this world in the Nozomi cause this Moto is just brilliant, a true work of art.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 08:18
Fantastic.Havent seen you this positive and excited about a phone before.The RAZR brand is HUGE.Its what put Moto second from the top with the possibility of dethroning King Nokia back in the day.
Will I get one.Can't see it.This flipping Galaxy Note had got me all shook up Elvis style.Can't see outside the box anymore.Other runners are Nexus Prime,Galaxy S 3,iPhone 5.That's where I stand at the moment.Still a while till upgrade but if the Note arrives before upgrade I'm going to buy my contract out for an early upgrade.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 09:39
You know, Hobbs, the arc was interesting when it came out but this is just amazing! You are right, I haven't been this excited about a phone in a long while now and Moto has just done it with this beauty.

I am waiting to see what SE comes up with but this, provided it is here by the time I upgrade, is something I will get if SE doesn't deliver.

Truly an amazing phone, I just love it.
mazola4_5
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-19 11:17
I'm looking for a CD/DVD Duplication job and I have 4 years experience in dvd decrypting/copying/cloning 1:1, I'm from Gauteng, Soweto, currently unemployed. I have tried so many websites and still no luck, any suggestions please reply or pm.
[ This Message was edited by: mazola4_5 on 2011-10-19 10:18 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 17:35
I have made up my mind on the Droid Razr, of course pending a positive review from Gsmarena, I'm getting it!

I just don't see anything built like that coming around. The specs are very good and being a Moto it sure will have unsurpassed call quality. I don't use cellphone cameras that much so I don't care much if it is not matching the likes of the SGII or the arc.

I am also well aware that SE and Samsung are going to be releasing 12mp camphones but that doesn't make me want to spend my money on them.

They are also going to be using higher speed processors but that also doesn't bother me one bit, I am more than happy that the Razr is dual-core and will be able to run the dual-optimized os.

Now, I'm waiting for RIM to release a QNX-enabled Bold Touch next year so I can convert to contract on Cell C.

I just hope Moto doesn't have a bad review cause that will kill my interest.

I'm looking forward to next year. Hmmm... that will mean I will upgrade my contracts twice in one year from now on, sounds perfect!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 18:46

On 2011-10-19 11:17:54, mazola4_5 wrote:
I'm looking for a CD/DVD Duplication job and I have 4 years experience in dvd decrypting/copying/cloning 1:1, I'm from Gauteng, Soweto, currently unemployed. I have tried so many websites and still no luck, any suggestions please reply or pm.
[ This Message was edited by: mazola4_5 on 2011-10-19 10:18 ]

Sorry mazola4_5, I wish I could help. Good luck and hope you find employment.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 20:02
Dups
Thats great news that RAZR is an absolute beaut and has also got me interested, but chances are i will end up with the HTC Sensation XE if the Galaxy Nexus isn't here by Xmas season, im loving the fact that it has a 720p display, but design-wise the XE gets me.

2012 is going to be an exciting year thats for sure
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 07:40
So we have the Note,the RAZR and the Sensation XE in Pole Positions.All Team Android.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 09:06

On 2011-10-20 07:40:58, Hobbs wrote:
So we have the Note,the RAZR and the Sensation XE in Pole Positions.All Team Android.

Yeah, Team Android SA! One thing, though, I haven't seen any modding on Android Moto phones, even at XDA. Not that it will stop me from getting the Razr but would be nice if I had the option, guess Moto doesn't yet support open bootloaders.

@Tsepz_GP

The one thing that stops from getting any HTC is their poor signal reception. You'll be okay in the city where there is always excellent network coverage but as soon as you get to areas that are not so well covered you'll struggle with HTC. I knew this from the days of the Touch Diamond and it seems it hasn't changed much since then. I drive quite a bit and I don't want to constantly lose reception. I have always rated SE, Nokia and Motorola as the best when it comes to signal reception and the rest just follow. I suppose it is natural given that the above three are the pioneers in this field, obviously with SE still using Ericsson technology.

Anyway, the other thing I like about the Droid Razr is the absence of the horrible Motoblur which means quicker updates of the OS. I am honestly not a fan of Super Amoled but love natural looking colours, I can live with it on the Razr but I don't quite prefer it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic