Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-12 07:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
LOL at you 'run-in' with Dogmann. Flooding your inbox crying is just not on for a grown man.

There is an R8 killer actually, it is the M1 (Homage) and scheduled for release next year- more like in 2013 as it will be unveiled next year.

I also disagree with Clarkson on Porsche. Porsche is actually planning a mean supercar, something at the top end of the scale. It is going to be a mid-engined version, I guess Clarkson will appreciate it better since he is always complaining about the placement of the engine.
Looking forward to that one.

You are right, the Koenigsegg is just brutal while the Bugatti is civil, I still like the Bugatti though. To me it is a Rolls Royce of supercars.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-13 20:57
Went on XDA today.Wolfbreak has removed his ROM and the thread says Work Stopped.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-13 21:46
Dups
Cant wait to see both of those, especialy the M1, hope it looks as good as the Z4.

Hobbs
Maybe you looked at the wrong thread, he just released V5 the other day: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192988

Im currently using TripNRaver's Android2.3.5 MIUI ROM, its very different from the stock and Cyanogen ROMs, here it is: http://android.modaco.com/top[....]/page__p__1779101#entry1779101 loving it
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 06:24
Wow,so much has gone down since my phone has been in for repairs.Thanks for the links Tsepz.Will have a good look at those two threads.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 13:32
@all

Just thought I'd share my experiences with my moving from Vodacom to Cell C.

Firstly, the advantage that Vodacom has over Cell C is extensive network coverage and that's it. Given that they have been in this field longer than CellC it really isn't that surprising.

Cell C has far better value for money. The one and major negative on Cell C is a patchy network but because we get to roam on Vodacom that negative is sort of nullified.

I'm still on prepaid with Cell C as I'm waiting for a perfect phone- the 9900 is almost it but am waiting on RIM to clarify the QNX situation with the phone- but their contract deal are super, waaaay better than Vodacom's. I used to pay Vodacom over a thousand for the two contracts but I could easily pay less than a thousand on Cell C with those two contracts. I'm still with Vodacom on the one contract and I'll keep them for the simple reason of not wanting to be out of communication in case of network failure. The funny thing is I experienced that with my Voda number while my Cell C was just fine. In fact, the whole of SA on Voda experienced that and it made laugh and be thankful I moved one number to Cell C.

On prepaid, Cell C still offers amazing value. I have been getting those free smss, 500mb data and on-net minutes per week though the last one is pretty useless since I don't have too many contacts on Cell C.

I am spending about R250 per month and getting a whole lot of extras whereas I used to spend around R800 on one contract on Voda with not so much in terms of value.

Anyway, the sooner I get a good Blackberry I will move to contract with Cell C. A part of me is seriously tempted by the 9900, I may just get it.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-17 19:06
Dups and Wangs Any change of mind after seen that Bok performance?
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-17 21:18
LOL Hobbs!

No, I haven't changed my mind, don't know about wanqs.

Today was a good workout for the boys but let's be honest, they were not expected to lose this one. Fiji are physical and that's just it. I'm waiting for the Boks to come up against a better side to see if they will change my mind about them defending this trophy.

Otherwise, we saw glimpsss of what the Boks can do when they are into their zone.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-18 23:35
Thanks for that info on your experience with Cell C, Dups, i doubt i'm going to stay on Vodacom, i think i may also make that move, Voda have totaly lost it, ive complained to them of issues on Twitter, which has lead to them calling me, asking what the issue is, then they say they will look and try sort the issue out, they update me on a weekly basis with same ol': " Dear Customer, kindly be advised Vodacom is currently aware of the network problem experienced in your area. We are attending to the problem and will contact you once the problem is resolved. Kind regards, Vodac om Waseema Martin" takes them a few weeks to 2mmths to fix the issue, then it works fine for like two days then back to the same ol' cycle again.

Seems also if you plan on getting a BlackBerry that Voda as of last week are a BIG no-no.

Hobbs
Hows your X10 running? using a custom ROM?

I still believe Boks have a good chance of taking it, now JAPAN on thdm other hand are DEFINETNJY not taking anything home, they realy took a major beating from the All Blacks.

In other news, Man United continue their winning streak but Pirates lose to Chips...i mean Chiefs all good though, we got the MTN8.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-19 06:21
X10 is running sweet.Rooted it over the weekend so I could use Typefresh lol Have xRecovery installed but at the moment Stock is doing the job fine.Tell me a bit about the Customs youve tried.Are they fully functional?
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-19 12:25
Ive used two custom ROMs, the 1st was Wolfbreaks ROM which is based on the stock 2.3 SE one, but with some bloat removed, FPS Cap removed so now my X10 can hit upto 60fps in games and it also makes the UI much smoother and faster and it has some SE Arc additions like the Bravia Engine and xLoud.
Its a fully functional ROM as all he did was take the stock X10 SE 2.3 ROM and modify it, so its very reliable, its the ROM in sticking with for now.

Other ROM i tried was TripNRaver's Android2.3.5 MIUI ROM, it was a good ROM, the UI was simply amazing but it got very unstable at times, i used for a week and it suddenly began freezing and acting up.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2011-09-19 11:30 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-19 12:44
Hey, who are you calling Chips?!

Funny how you and I like the same cars in BMW and Porsche and be totally different in football, I am Chiefs and Arsenal and you are Pirates and ManU.

I actually wished for us to lose that match so that V.V can be fired. I'm not impressed by him, he has failed us for two seasons already and I don't see him succeeding this season either.

You know, I had used Vodacom for ten years before the switch and I never envisaged me changing them as I thought they were miles ahead of every other network. I actually started at MTN and they were crap back then. I agree with you, Vodacom have completely lost the plot. With all their financial muscle they should be invincible in every department. I haven't really made up my mind about the second contract with them, for now it is staying put. The Blackberry fiasco last week made me glad I left them as I'm getting a Blackberry next, they just don't know what they are doing anymore, contradicting each other like that in public shows how they have lost their way.
Cell C has really changed and it is amazing how much value they offer for money.

I'm currently enjoying the benefits of Cell C prepaid until I go contract. I don't know if I can wait longer for QNX Blackberries after I played with the 9900 last week. I was so close to taking it on contract, if I didn't have an appointment that time I would've taken a contract out for that phone. I typed on that thing and it felt amazing, definitely better than the P1i and miles better than my 9700. That keypad is stunning! I'm really, really, really tempted. The problem is that Blackberry is showing a demo of their upcoming QNX phones next month and I'm afraid if I take the 9900 now I will regret when they demo those phones next month. It will also be prudent for me to wait in that I may get clarification on what will happen with the 9900 as far as QNX goes, I'm pretty sure they will address that next month. If they promise an update to QNX on the 9900 then it is mine the next day.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2011-09-19 11:50 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-19 21:39
Just installed Wolfbreaks Gingerbread V6.Very Fast and smooth.Tsepz,what additional downloads did you install?
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-20 20:39
Installed xLoud & Bravia Addon and now installing Theme Manager.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-09-20 21:05
I think thats all I need.Can installed the rest seperately like wallpapers/live wallpapers,ringtone/notifications,google apps,widgets ect
Nice ROM this.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-09-20 22:00
Still don't think the Boks will take it, H. Still think the AB's are faves.

Samsung Wave II 8530 for just 99.95 (approx R1100) on PAYG here!

http://www.carphonewarehouse.[....]NG-WAVE-2/PPAY&clearance=false

That's Bada for nada! LOL.
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2011-09-20 21:00 ]
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic