Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 22:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
NOKIA E63, E66 AND E71 recieve new firmware, V410: http://dailymobile.se/2010/04[....]-firmware-version-v410-21-010/
Welcome back JK!!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-04-11 04:59
On my way to East London. Had a bril time in Kroonstad at the motorbike rally and in Plett this past week. Apart from the ama-cheap-cheap offerings in Pep etc, anything more decent (phone-wise) on PAYG is clearly still way more expensive than where I've been living. I know it's a different market etc etc but I had hoped to see a closer gap between prices this time..

This message was posted from a WAP device
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-04-11 16:57
Kryps
Ya boet, it's out there...

Wanqs
Nice one, hope you get to enjoy your stay

Tsepz
Dude, Nikki is blowing up, you heard Luda's ma chick bad ft Nikki... You gotta love her voice lol
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 01:06
Wanqs
Lol,ya,thats never going to happen,we need more networks/competition between networks here, cant believe the iPhone still hasnt had a price drop, VodaCom must be cashing in big time.
Gola
Ye man, she's killin it,that track is sick, she's become huge in such a short time,its madness.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 09:50
In two two months I am up for my second upgrade and there just is nothing to upgrade to once again. The last time in January I took a 9700 that is now in its box gathering dust.

I will never warm up to Samsung or LG even with the former churning out spectacularly specced phones, the Galaxy S being their latest. No Iphone... ever. Apple are yet to make a phone first. Then there's the most brilliant manufacturer HTC! Brilliant in that they know how to work the software and aren't shy to add the hardware, but again they can't make a phone first. Add to that poor signal reception, questionable call quality, poor camera quality and below par audio quality you end up with not much in my book.

So, my choices are SE, Nokia and Motorola. The X10 is quite a phone but lacks a physical QWERTY keyboard so it's a no go. The N900 is another one I love but slide out keyboard turns me off, only if it was an E71 variant. The same with the Milestone.

SE, Nokia and Motorola give me a portrait QWERTY phone with Maemo/Android!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 18:57
Lol, Dups, you must try find out if the Palm Pixi Plus is coming SA, otherwise you'll have to make an exception,and get a slide out QWERTY phone. That MOTOROLA Droid/Milestone realy has cought my eye,i know i wont get it but i just dig its design, must be the one Android i'd take over the N900 if i had a choice between the two.
Im waiting to find out how much the Vivaz/Vivaz Pro will be,i see the Satio is now free on my contract.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 20:51
Ya Tsepz, it is a tricky situation for me. Palm have gone under and so I don't want to touch them.

To be honest I am still hoping for Nokia to decide on a Maemo/Meego E-series, I would be so grateful for that device. I also have a feeling that SE is more likely to bring out a P1i/E71 type of Android phone sooner than Moto. Seems Moto is all about touchscreen only phones and nothing else this year, the only variant they seem to entertain is that of a slide-out keypad.

By the way, rumours are abound that the next generation walkman phone is on its way. Apparently it is a 16GB internal memory touchscreen plus Android device that resembles the Vivaz. I bet the camera will still be 8mp and will sound like the outstanding Aino in audio quality. It is said to be a flagship walkman for this year.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 21:07
Nice! That sounds like the perfect HTC Legend/Hero rival. I thought SE had done away with Walkman and Cyber-shot branding though,and their media phones would be Entertainment Unlimited devices like Satio, Aino and Vivaz?
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 07:57
On walkman they said they'll release low to mid-end walkman phones during this year. Seems they thought a high end walkman appealed to them which I think it is a brilliant idea after the sales of the W995i.

The walkman phone is not quite dead. They haven't said anything about cybershot yet.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 09:24
Operamini is now available for iPhone users.Fantastic.Just installed and so far very impressed.I just got to like this iPhone a little bit more.
@Tzepz Give it a spin on your mothers iPhone and let me knowwhat u think.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Rhino8
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 16:15
HEY GUYS...

For the last few days i have been a little disgusted with my internet, i recently switched back to mweb (4 meg uncapped) and forgot to enable my proxy again, and thus, i was unable to log into esato.

Aww well. Just saying hi.
ARSENAL : Samsung Galaxy SII
http://members.esato.com/rhino8
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 16:51
Hiya Rhino.How is that 4 meg uncapped from MWEB? What does your end of month GB tally look like at the end of the month? Im going to get the 384kb uncapped for R219.Any catches involved or can I download to my hearts content?
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 22:42
Hobbs: After 30gigs they throttled you badly which makes downloading anything a pain but then again that's the price you pay for uncapped. Personally I don't know why 30gigs should not be sufficient for any household. How many movies/albums does one actually need to download in a month? Some people have stacks of media stored on their hard drives which they'll never play.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
jmash
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 08:07
Hey Hobbs,just installed Opera mini and it delivers man,it really rocks bro,good thing Apple approved it
Rhino8
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 08:59

On 2010-04-13 16:51:44, Hobbs wrote:
Hiya Rhino.How is that 4 meg uncapped from MWEB? What does your end of month GB tally look like at the end of the month? Im going to get the 384kb uncapped for R219.Any catches involved or can I download to my hearts content?

I am currently on 26 gig for the month, and speeds and quality of service is great. I keep reading of people being throttled really badly, but i cant see any effect. I do limit my torrents to 15kbs during office hours however.

@brix, its the first that i hear about the 30gig "softcap" and being throttled after that. but i am almost there, then i will give further feedback.
ARSENAL : Samsung Galaxy SII
http://members.esato.com/rhino8
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic