Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Rhino8
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 09:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
thanks for the heads up on planet of the apps... found the download link on the net, will watch it...
ARSENAL : Samsung Galaxy SII
http://members.esato.com/rhino8
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 11:29
No problem Rhino
Wish they could play more shows like that,that are just based on mobile tech.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 21:04
Hey GUCCI.I'm quite enjoying my iPhone3G again.How's your mother enjoying hers.And has your dad let your brother out the cellar yet for losing his E90? lol
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 21:50
Hobbs
She's loving it, she now streams Music and concerts via the YouTube app and has got a 500mb data bundle for it, unbelievable,just 2months ago she didnt even want to know about such things,she couldnt understand why she had got me a 1gb bundle until now lol,she also does a bit of web browsing when she wants to Google something,and has loaded it with her CDs,crazy, never thought id see this lol.
All
Another documentary on CNBC (410) its called Inside The Mind Of Google, playing at 00:00 midnite tonight.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 05:38
@GUCCI Fantastic.Glad the iPhones doing it for her.I'm just loving the ease of tethering this baby.I just leave the Internet Tethering setting on and when I plug the phone in I'm online instantly.No PC Suite or clicking connect ect.Just very easy.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 11:44
Nice ,that realy is convenient, unlike Nokia's rubbish "One Touch Access" crap which totaly screws up after updating NSU due to the Cable Driver. Ive almost given up on tethering.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 14:29
@wanqs

I saw that Moto pic and I immediately thought of my brother's old Nokia version. It was a nice device back then but I'm not too sure it would be that practical today. Motorola seems to be experimenting a lot these days.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 20:13
Learning new things day by day on s60v5 lol. FINALY found a solution to my MXit navigation problems. I had given up deleted it,then came the withdrawal symptoms extreme boredom, not everyone i personaly know has Twitter,and when it comes to Facebook these days most use the mobile site or a FB app on their phone so no chat,so after 5days with out MXit i gave it one last try. After installing it i went to Application Manager, hit Suite Settings, and found On-Screen Keyboard, in it i found you can set it to have On screen navigation keys they take up half the screen but dam they are so great to have,makes using MXit nice again, was geting tempted to pull out the N81 put airtime in the prepaid sim thats in it and use that for MXit as uncomfortable as it is to use that brick its so heavy and unlike the 5800,it has these sharp edges that make it uncomfortable to use for long periods of time.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 20:56
Just saw an add on SABC 3 TV for the THL Mi-TV Phone.WTF is that? Never heard of it.

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.[....]d-in-sa&tmpl=component&print=1

Watch Free SABC 1,2,3 & E-Tv free and have dual SIMs for R1999,00.Think I might just get one as a toy.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 21:07
Have I been hiding under a rock or what.Anyone else heard of this shit.

http://www.thlmobile.com/index.php?o=sections§ion=5&entry=25

Now wheres my EDGARS card? lol
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2010-01-27 20:13 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 21:15
LOL Hobbster, I must've been hiding under the same rock..
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 21:45
Taken from The Register:

'Nokia cuts down X6 handset

Nokia is pushing out a cut-down version of its flagship X6 handset, halving the memory size to 16GB but also dropping the deal that provided free music to fill it.

The X6 was Nokia's "Comes With Music" handset - unavailable without the free-music bundle and priced to incorporate the expected cost of unlimited downloads, even if the figures seemed to show that any level of success would quickly become unsustainable even for Nokia. But that problem never materialised, as not a lot of people wanted to buy a phone with a built-in music-subscription service, prompting the launch of the 16GB version.

Not that Nokia sees things that way, of course, with the Finns presenting the X6 as a "baby brother" to the 32GB X6. It only notes that Comes With Music has been dropped in a blog posting about the launch. Even then, it spends more time talking about the colours in which the handset will be available (black and white, with the latter sporting optional pink or yellow highlights, since you asked).

But Reuters reports that the cut-down X6 is going to retail somewhere around 300, knocking a third off the price of the 450 X6.

Retail prices are, of course, subject to operator subsidy, and it's the level of that subsidy which often dictates if a handset makes it or not. Nokia's decision to offer their own music service, in competition to the operators' own efforts, however lacklustre, wasn't going to drive operators to offer a high subsidy. This makes the X6 an expensive handset.

Comes With Music isn't dead yet, but Nokia's attempt to reshape music distribution has been hit with a blow from which it may well never recover.'
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 22:24
The Apple Tampon. . .eish i mean the Apple iPad is official!
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/apple-ipad-first-hands-on/
NO Multitasking
NO Flash in the web browser
64GB Flash
9.5inch 1024x768 res display
NO Camera
Runs iPhoneOS3.2.
Im looking forward to seeing the excuses as to why he said its better than a netbook,and why it doesnt require the missing features.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 19:18
@GUCCI
Heres a sobering look on the iPad from a certain Mr Stephen Fry.

http://www.stephenfry.com/2010/01/28/ipad-about/#more-1965
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 20:00
You gotta love the way this man writes.He's so funny.Especially his dislike for the BB Storm.Hilarious.Heres a 3 part called Digital Devicement.Just a taster intro of Part 1

"I’ve been putting off this day for some time. But the final piece of the puzzle (in the shape of the Palm Pre) has arrived and I can delay no longer. Over the past few months I have bought and been sent some of the latest, loveliest and lousiest arrivals in the world of smartphonery, iPoddery and assorted digital devicement. I don’t pretend to offer teardowns, benchmarks or full and complete reviews and news on the subject of pricing, availability, networks and deals since all these variables tend to … um … well vary, I suppose. So prepare for a blessay, a maxiblog in four parts of which this is Part the First: An introduction. A sketchy tour d’horizon of the terrain that lies before us, stretching into the purple distance."

http://www.stephenfry.com/2009/09/25/digital-devicement-part-one/

http://www.stephenfry.com/200[....]icement-part-2-magical-heroes/

http://www.stephenfry.com/200[....]three-blackberry-picking-time/
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2010-01-28 19:06 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic