Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 12:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Motorola Morrison (what a naff name!) -The first Moto-Android:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=187688
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 15:12
Wanqa
Lol Knowing my mate it must be a custom exhaust, next time we might up il ask him which one it is.
All
Ive found THE PERFECT touchscreen phone, one of my college mates got the BB Storm, played on it, and loved it! It makes so much sense to have a clickable screen since chances of making a mistake e.g.going into an app by mistake,or tapping the wrong link in a browser is very slim. You can drag your finger up and down the screen and then click on exactly what you want, the UI is fast and realy nice looking, and the design is just brilliant. hmmm. . . .if that is on contract im jumping for it no doubt!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-22 18:59
@GUCCI: Problem with Blackberry is the lack of software, make on mistake they looked beautiful but I would hazard signing up for one over a two-year stretch.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 19:20
Brix
Indeed, i was just browsing through the CrackBerry website, not as much stuff as symbian or WM has, kinda worrying, esp.when signing up for a 2year contract like you said,and overall its not worth it since eventualy you get bored of the hardware and try finding some software to play with, atleast thats how i am. Ah well that was short lived i wish others would use that clickable screen though.
All
Lol,i feel like such and idiot right now, i like using OperaMini3 but always hated the fact that if i stopped browsing for like 10mins then went back it would ask for the Access Point and sometimes it did that over and over again. Now on an SE like the K850 i would simply go into permissions and edit them and voila browse smoothly without constantly getting that message for the Access Point, but on my Nokia S60 phones i didnt know you were able to adjust them UNTIL 10MINS AGO!! Lol,i went into App Mngr. scrolled down to Opera Mini3, clicked Options and then clicked Open, and guess what? The permission settings are just there 2years now on S60 and i only see that now, i always thought that Open option meant literaly open the app, lol, i learnt something new today and if you didnt know then now you do cause im convinced im not the only one. Symbian web browsers allow you to edit that stuff with in the app.
JC08
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 19:28
Gucci, mate one is neva too experienced to learn, you should hve just asked it on here!
Well guys in 2 months time i'm upgrading, and will be finished with my Prelim's
Yad. Hey. Vav. Hey.
'' So the one who plants is not important, and the one who waters is not important. Only God who makes things grow, is important'' (1 Corinthians 3:7)
It's not about me!
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 21:16
Taken from GSMArena today:

'The second quarter of 2009 gave LG a reason to smile as the company achieved record-high sales and operating profit. Every single of the Korean company's divisions is on the rise with the Mobile Communications Company being the best performer.

Sales on a global basis went up 13.8 percent compared to the same period of last year to reach 11.229 billion US dollars. The operating profit jumped to 878 million US dollars resulting in a margin of 7.8 percent, 1.1 percent higher than the previous year.

Of those the sales of the mobile phones account for 3.778 billion US dollars, a huge 29.9 percent higher than the previous year. The operating profit of the division has reached 417 million US dollars for a margin of 11 percent.

The shipments of LG handsets recorded an increase of 7.8 percent YoY and 32 percent QoQ totaling 29.82 million units over the past three months. According to the company the handsets that have done the best on the market are LG Cookie, which already sold more than 5 million units, LG KS360 and the multimedia flagship LG KM900 Arena.

LG expect the global market to shrink 6 percent YoY over the next quarter to around 280 million units. However the company maintains its steady growth expectations, which should be achieved thanks to the upcoming fourth model in the LG Black Label Series, the WinMo-running GM730 and the GD900 Crystal.'
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-22 21:27
@da wanqa: To think that I was one of those schmucks to part with hard-earned cash only to buy something marginally better than a doorstop.
S60 FTW!! I perhaps should also had the other varieties of Symbian but so far this is my favourite one.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 21:33
Eish brixster. I think most of us have had such moments with certain phones over the years. My P.O.S's were the Nokia 8310 and Motorola V50, back in early 2002, and Siemens MC60 a while later. Hard lessons, LOL.

Here's something that your wireless (monkey) connection will possibly be raving about:

Also from GSMArena today:
'Apple announces Q2 results, rules them all

Apple just published the financial results for the second quarter of the year and things could hardly be healthier there. The company is obviously unaware of a certain little thingy called world economic crisis and has recorded their best non-holiday quarter revenue and earnings ever.

The Company has generated a revenue of 8.34 billion US dollars and a net quarterly profit of 1.23 billion US dollars, which compare favorably to the numbers for the previous quarter - 7.46 billion and $1.07 billion respectively. The gross profit margin has increased to 36.3 percent, compared to 34.8 percent for the same period last year.

The nice position that the guys over at Cupertino find themselves in is in no small part due to the great sales that the iPhone makes. 5.2 million samples of the Apple mobile phones have flown off the shelves over the past three months, representing 626 percent growth over the year-ago quarter. The contribution of the App store, from which users have already downloaded more than 1.5 billion Apps is also recognized.

Finally Apple announced that it managed to move 2.6 million Macs (4 percent increase YoY) and 10.2 million iPods (7 percent decline) for the second quarter of the 2009.'
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2009-07-22 20:41 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 21:35
JC
Ay too true bro , but i tend to try find my own solution or searching before asking on the forum, some times you end up finding a great solution that others may not know,although that has some times cost me.
Goodluck with prelims, study hard, and if you do well in them then you should have no problems with finals. You applied to unis yet? What phone you plan on getting?
Wanqa
Eish, LG and Apple posted some excellent results, i was especialy impressed by Apple, with just 3models and the Appstore i think their profits were a good 300mill more than NOKIA's? Not sure,but they are in the billions, if it wasnt for the iPhone i wonder where Apple would be now
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 21:43
@ Gucci:
Ya, and it seems Apple certainly timed the iPhone releases well, particularly with the decline of iPod sales (as per the article) in such a crowded market place.
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-22 22:35
The cool thing about Apple is that under the leadership of Steve Jobs it has shifted much of its focus from competing for desktop space with M$ to innovatively creating and dominating existing market segments. I'm probably not the ideal customer for a Mac but many more people might consider buying their expensive computers after playing around with the iPhone.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 23:25
More info on the second Storm that's coming:

http://www.gsmarena.com/black[....]_caught_on_video-news-1033.php
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-23 03:46
P1i pic taken over the weekend:

JC08
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-23 06:18
@gucci, umm i'm looking at n79, 5800 and w995, but it's a long way till I upgrade and much can happen. I just dont want to pay-in a fortune
Yad. Hey. Vav. Hey.
'' So the one who plants is not important, and the one who waters is not important. Only God who makes things grow, is important'' (1 Corinthians 3:7)
It's not about me!
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-23 06:28
@JC08: Apple iPhone 3G S? By February next year I think you'd be able to pick up one relatively cheap.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic