Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Screen protectors

Author Screen protectors
ph03n!x
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-10-03 22:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i bought it online from their website... never tried out the stores here, thought they wont be having it.
...miles to go before I sleep... on the road less travelled by!
derekzhao
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 03:01
is there a screen protector nicely cut out the side for a k700? just wondering
frontman
P990
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 13:11
Here, I got a Martin Fields P900 screen portector and it was the hardest thing to fit! Not that it was difficult to press it into place, but every bit of dust in the world stuck to it the minute I removed the sticky cover and the bist of dust then caused many lumps, bumps and air bubbles when pressed on to the screen. I washed it, but how do you then dry it without using some sort of cloth? I let it air dry which then just smeared.

So not THAT impressed. Can see the advatage and maybe its not a bad idea but for £7 odd and a load of bits of dust... not that pleased.
danielwong216
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 23:21
I had a look at the link at ebay, yes I can see the Brando screen protector for p900. What about p910i? I mean is it the same screen size between them?
Many Thanks!
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 23:26
Yes same for P910i. Bought 4 (like to have spares in ) & fitted first one perfect. I have had plenty of practice over the years. MFOP much harder to get on perfect compared to a Brando which is why I went back to the Brando Ultra Clear. Best I've used yet.

[ This Message was edited by: psikey on 2004-10-05 22:27 ]
vijay555
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-10-07 12:48
I had trouble after washing it with water (Brando ultra clear), but I tried rubbing it with alcohol and it seems ok - not perfect, but not bad - advice: try to get it right the first time, washing will inevitably dirty it a bit (smears, water marks etc)

I hair dried it (from far away, not to melt it) and it dries pretty much instantly, no marks.

I found that it will always attract dust - so:
1. alcohol clean the screen with soft cloth.
2. clean/unwrap protector.
3. use masking tape or ideally "Post-it" "cover up and labelling tape" (I work in an office, so it's easy to find - it's like cellotape but made of post-it paper, so only tacky, not heavily sticky, although I guess masking tape will also do the job. I don't recommend cellotape - too sticky) in longish strips and cover the screen with a couple of strips, press down gently to pick up all dust and keep screen covered until you're ready.
4. do the same to the protector - put couple of strips of tape over the protector to suck up all the dust/fibres.
5. get ready, breath deep and remove the strips from the screen, looking for any dust.
6. quickly as possible, remove tape from protector and align it over the phone screen. you can take your reasonable time aligning it once it's near the screen, as hopefully not much dust should get under the cover if you're quick.
7. Align and use your thumbs or soft cloth to push out air bubbles. Don't use a credit card or card as it will scratch the protector inevitably.
8. once finished, wipe off protector with alcohol and be happy.

-it's probably not full proof, but it's the best method i've got so far! the post-it tape definitely helps get all the gunk off.

Feedback?

V
babis
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 12:34
Quote:

On 2004-10-07 12:48:19, vijay555 wrote:
I had trouble after washing it with water (Brando ultra clear), but I tried rubbing it with alcohol and it seems ok - not perfect, but not bad - advice: try to get it right the first time, washing will inevitably dirty it a bit (smears, water marks etc)

I hair dried it (from far away, not to melt it) and it dries pretty much instantly, no marks.

-it's probably not full proof, but it's the best method i've got so far! the post-it tape definitely helps get all the gunk off.

Feedback?

V

sorry to cut ur mssg but some ppl read esato thru wap :-* :-l :-[

i copy herebelow one of my previous posts on how to dry a Martins' screen/protector. I believe it should work and on Brando ultra clear

MFSP are fully washable. U can use any mild soap. Though the difficult part is to dry it koz if u place it anywhere it can get dust on the sticky part very easy. T4 I recommend after wash it, to have a piece of printer paper (dot matrix printer) and to let it dry with the sticky part facing the paper.
[addsig]
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 12:57
Perhaps the use of a hair dryer would work?

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
babis
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 13:18
Quote:

On 2004-10-08 12:57:03, MikLSP wrote:
Perhaps the use of a hair dryer would work?

no way

just use the printer paper

also the maker of brando scr/prtr suggests the procedure to be done in the bathroom after leaving warm water (not hot water) running for few minutes, "forcing" the dust go down
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 13:20
Does it not pick up bits from the paper?
Why no hair dryer?

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
babis
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 14:10
matrix printer paper is "bitsless"

the air from the hairdryer swings the dust around, although u don't actually see it and what u want when placing the screen protector is the dust to the ground [addsig]
_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-10-08 15:29
Hi

I just got mine from SymMobile and I have no oppions yet, since I never used a screen protector before...

Anyway, I need help figuring out this thing!!
Wich side is the under side? The shinny side or the other!?
The instruction don't say which!!
hyperken
Samsung Galaxy Note
PM
Posted: 2004-10-10 07:59
omg i also dont know which side up !!!
>.<
ph03n!x
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-10-10 08:22
hmmm... if u look at it carefully, u can see a cut in it and a part can be peeled off... wht'er u see is the top, and after u peel off, u know the bottom
...miles to go before I sleep... on the road less travelled by!
alyalygoa
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-10 16:26
baazee.com (India) had some pretty good screen protectors but they were for the palm T but i guess you can cut it to size.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi