Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > New sw for T68i,any changes? Post them here!

Author New sw for T68i,any changes? Post them here!
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
well here they are OFFICIALLY...........4. Description of improvement
4.1 Changes in signaling and TAE software

MR Short Description
5327 Product development: user interface development.
5491 Generation 4 of the Clock software module development.
5692 Improvement of battery charging functionality.
5735 Cleanup of include file dependencies in the audio module (code administration only).
6005 Changes in Software Back plane (SWBP), the main interface to the phone software modules. May affect code administration in any high-level software module.
6168 Continued development of Office Hands free.
6172 GSM 4 Low Level development.
6208 Administration of header files, updating of include statements, et c. May affect any software module. Code administration only, no change of phone functionality.
6359 The Audio module does not yet follow the architecture rules in all respects. Changes have been made to improve this.
6409 Changes in software back plane internal (swbpint), containing the dispatch functionality in the system. May affect any high-level software module. Code administration only, no change of phone functionality.
6745 Development of WTLS (Wireless Transport Layer Security) support for the DSP.
6769 Change in system dispatch functionality. This may affect any software modules using a dispatch function. Code administration only, no change of phone functionality.
6839 Changes in MicTest (a test function available in the "Service Menu", connecting the microphone directly to the earphone).
6909 This functionality makes it possible to hang up a connected WTAI-phone call directly in the WAP browser. If the card contains more than one WTAI phone number, the user can make another call by choosing one of the other phone numbers in the card. This functionality is also keeping a track of how many WTAI calls that are simultaneously in progress. Since the NO button is used by disconnecting calls and as browsing to a previous card, it is necessary to know how many calls are possible to disconnect before it will turn back into a button with previous-functionality.
7047 Change in system dispatch functionality. This may affect any software modules using a dispatch function. Code administration only, no change of phone functionality.
7184 Change in system dispatch functionality. This may affect any software modules using a dispatch function. Code administration only, no change of phone functionality.
7232 Update of T68i product specific files.
7340 Improvement in 256-color screen drawing.
7358 Improvements in internal code structure. Code administration only, no changes in phone functionality.
7408 Restructuring of the handling of the Network Identity and Time Zone (NITZ) message sent to the MS by the network.
7430 Improvements in handling of gif pictures.
7477 Update of T68i product specific files.
7590 Further GPRS development.
7627 Improvements in WAP functionality.
7710 Changes in temperature compensation (low level hardware tuning)
7722 Improvements in algorithms estimating remaining usage time.
7763 Improvements in external (system connector) MS start up.
8136 Improved current consumption estimation and standby time when the Magic Word functionality is on.
8162 Internal software correction of Bluetooth connection handling, no change in phone functionality.
8398 AT module produced the unsolicited result code RING (ref. V25ter/V250) to Terminal Equipment in the case of an incoming (mobile terminated) call. If the call is answered by pressing Yes button on the phone, the AT module shall stop sending RING result codes. Previously, this did not work correctly. This is now corrected.
8482 Improved internal Bluetooth error handling.
8551 New development of GSM4 R3 functions.
8604 The host SIM/guest SIM concept will be removed.
8633 It is now possible to select ring signal for cordless calls.
8647 The current consumption during a data call is significantly lower than in a speech call. Therefore the fuel gauge algorithm has to be able to distinguish those two call types.
8725 Large Data Tranfer - New requester functions
8999 Changes for synchronising reset of the two CPU sub-systems as needed by the AT+CFUN command.
9114 When going to a previous WAP page, the link that was chosen will be focused again.
9140 Too long response time in Calendar when view content
9184 Updated to allow new accessories according to spec. ver. 3.
9360 Implementation of Email Client Interface from message handler
9597 Two requests added for starting and stopping the startup melody.
9666 Made the Request function Request_CipherStatus_Get usable between CPUs. Previously the request function contained a direct function call, which is no replaced by sending and receiving request/response signals Also a new dispatch for distributing change of cipher usage during call has been implemented. To be used instead of polling
9685 1. If Chinese SIM cards have a name in English specified in the Operator Name field, the phone will show that name as network name in standby. Chinese operators would rather have their name in unicode from the network list in the phone. If any Chinese language is chosen, display the unicode name from the network list instead of the operator name on the SIM.2.Network name in the 'Select Network' list should be displayed in Chinese if a Chinese language is chosen, i.e. the Operator Name field on SIM should not be considered. (CR10939)
9732 This dispatch tells the audio module when the bluetooth audio path is ready.
9786 Set correct settings for SettingsId
9944 AT command +CGREG is used to control the reporting of the unsolicited result code +CGREG: [, , ]The unsolicited result code is missing from the product.
9956 If there are any Push in the inbox at start-up, the icon will be lit in standby
10029 The voltage value for the display was reset when a switch between sleepmode and normal mode occurred.
10115 Missing Glyphs in Compressed fonts fail to show empty character box
10134 Problem with text size in start-up sequence in the different profiles is corrected.
10258 For the Cordless Telephony Profile to be implemented, new SwBP interface is needed. Thus interface consists of attachment functions etc. to attach phone to home base or intercom terminal. Changes affect modules:- inclswbp- nec_swbp- swbpint- network
10377 A possibility to select to have no reminders from the calendar has been added. This means that even if you have a reminder set to a meeting it wont show up if you have selected to have No reminders. This seletion is to be found in the Reminders menu.
10504 Changed the menu structure for the Calendar according to the new specification.
10590 Added the possibility to lock a data account, i.e. to make it impossible to alter and/or delete. A locked data account can be added during the customisation process.
10601 Added fuel gauge support for different SIM types
10725 Due to error corrections in a former version of the software for Calendar an update of this software was needed.
10754 Temperature compensation of intermediate powerlevel DCS/PCS
10775 The GSM related files shall be moved from CoreSw and InclCore to new module ns_gas. This is to separate the signalling stack fropm the rest of the sw
10777 This CR solves Diffrent profile problem. The phone had different problem when it must change from In Car profile to Normal profile. - text size don’t change from small to big text when the phone change profile – profile icon or profile text doesn’t move from the display when the accessories has been disconnected.- ALS the line service doesn’t work correct either.
10802 Implementation of Local Audio Mode in audio and core software ms modules.
10821 Added emlpp support (enhanced Multi-Level Precedence & Pre-emption service) for T68.
10983 The Red LED is controlled in a different manner in the GSM4 R3 platform.
11023 Changed startup/shutdown of PPP server to be more robust.
11107 When setting up certain MO calls, it shall be possible to supress MMI text feedback during the call setup procedure.
11122 Unable to power up with deeply discharged NiMH batteries
11169 The SettingIsUpdated array wasn’t filled properly
11197 Changed Request_Setting_CallingCard_Get(...) and Request_Setting_CallingCard_Set(...)
11326 Restored the code to earlier version.
11328 New ringsignals. Used filename and directory instead for predefined ringsignals.
11365 Added check for line lock when accessory initiates a profile change
11366 Increase number of PLMN's read from SIM card to 60
11371 In the Cordless Telephony function, when a remote device opens a TCS channel to the phone this shall be notified with a dispatch, Dispatch_Cordless_Attach_Ind. This is in the Network Control category.Changes affect the SwBP and the network signalling module.
11454 New function in JPEG decoder, reads headr info from a filehandle
11456 Config file for GIError codes
11477 Device removed from database without informing the user. When an authentication failure occurs when connecting to paired device, the device is removed from the database without informing the user. A message should be shown.
11504 Late changes made for GSM4 R2 are merged to GSM4 R3
11520 Change of internal data type.
11524 Compression for bitmaps and icons
11570 Overwrite Merge for a couple of modules
11575 Performing Overwrite merge for Module Freeze
11804 Lock to line with automatic profile work correct now. The error was that the phone missing a textfeedback to show the message.
11882 Due to using integer presicion when calculating the scale denominator, the resulting height and with of the image could get bigger than the max height and width. This is adjusted after the scaling is calculated.
12001 Error abortion in gif_read_error, longjmp, refrerred to a setjmp not yet encountered.Setjmp is added earlier.
12029 Data stream addition
12052 The push icon in standby is not updated unless the user goes into the push inbox. There are situations when push messages are deleted or expires and then must the icon be removed.
12065 Unexpected LowBatt warnings that caused the phone to switch off.
12131 Support for XHTML added
12237 Before when the phone was changed active profile name with EAPN MS. The phone restarted.Now it work correctly.
12247 A new requester function to be used for setting the value of the Compression parameter in Bearer Capability is introduced.
12345 Added the possibility to have an outline around glyphs.Set background color to the desired outline color.Set background mode to BK_OUTLINE.Then call gcCharOut(..).
12399 Reworked the procedure handling activated PDP context when the MS is GPRS detached.
12484 JPEG files will not be decoded if they are larger than GI_JPG_MAX_[WIDTH, HEIGHT]
12519 To avoid problems with textshadow on icons, the operation i moved into GI.
12563 Add a function that estimates the max memory usage for a decoded image when stored in the filesystem
12646 The memory manager is going to run in the mmi process instead of running in the process which was running when the file system gets full.
12686 Fixed bug that caused memory overwrite for some glyphs in outline.
12713 When a profile setting is changed a pop-up message should be displayed telling that current profile has been changed. This should not apply to Normal profile.
12770 A client of WAP large data transfer interface can now supply wap with user-id and password
12880 Erroneous data in gif file after application extentsion was not dealt with. The decoder did not abort resulting in a crash.read_frame returns FALSE if ther was an error
12881 Call to garbage collector in gif to prevent fragmentation of memory, possible leading to a chrash when out of memory.
12895 Wrong logical operator when checking max height and width for jpeg and wbmp
12919 MP3 player is profile related. When we connected MP3 player to the phone. We get port hands free profile.
12935 Place debug printouts inside preprocessor macros to be able to remove them from the product build
12979 Fixed clipping for JPEG.
13020 Add ICC Reader Interface API
13092 Other processes are now notified that settings has been updated after a reset ( even if the values are the same as before ).
13163 Addition of SIM Application Toolkit Call Control Feature
13196 The Synchronisation user interface shall display a feedback to the user during synch. This feedback shall display the number of entries sent and received during synch.
13257 Replaced old InformationSound_t ending with _SOUND with a type ending with _SND
13328 Removal of obsolete process datapump in dispatcher (c_dispatch.c)
13365 When the user chose "Receive Item", the receive function did not always know when an object had been received.
13541 BitmapDataToWBMPSaveToFile does not return any allocated data
13594 Add function GifAnimationSkipImage. Skips the image data in the next image frame
13603 MR used for Overwrite merge.
13672 Move to Gen 4 IP
13968 Alloc return from jpeg_get_small and jpeg_get_large must be checked and not used directly
13983 Overwrite merge 2001126
14003 xFormat - the Bluetooth interface doesn´t know when an obex connection is disconnected.
14014 Location information only passed to SAT during Call Control if SAT has previously subscribed to related event
14094 ImageFontMissingCharOut created. gcCharOut will not try to call gcMissingCharOut for ImageFontRenderGlyph.ImageFontRenderGlyph will call an internal ImaegFontMissingCharOut.
14120 Increase types in Dispatch to Uint32 from uin16
14296 Check alloc in gif_main.c
14441 Cleanup of error handling
14538 Cleanup for AVR portability
14543 This MR is used for improvement of packet-channel support for GPRS and handling of MS operation mode.
14584 There has been a cleanup of the signal numbering scheme. The new numbering scheme is added and made selectable by a switch.
14624 Cleanup of include files
14655 Added more robust processing of protocol options (message data field)
14705 Changes to make WAP use common heap
14711 Remove of some of the warning messages reported by the IAR-AVR compiler.
14736 Improved handling of downlink SM_STATUS message with Cause="Invalid transaction identifier value". If this message is received after ACTIVATE_PDP_CONTEXT_REQUEST has been sent to the network, the PDP context activation procedure is aborted. If the message is received after DEACTIVATE_PDP_CONTEXT_REQUEST has been sent to the network, the PDP context is regarded as deactivated and the deactivation procedure terminated.
14780 GIF are now valid extension in gif decoder
14796 Streamstrcmpi used to validate file extensions with caseinsensitive compare
14869 Changed value of "fake" remote IP address (when no address is received from network)
14889 Added support for MALL heap
14948 When corrected soft hyphens will be supported.
14973 New AT commands for the Bluetooth handsfree profile.
14974 New function for translation of an InternetAccount identifyer to a NSAPI value.Allows applications to query about the current number of sent and received bytes for an established GRPS connection.
14998 Two errors in the parsing of dial strings has been detected and corrected:1) After ATD> quoted strings were converted to uppercase.This means that atd>"John" was translated to atD>"JOHN"and that may actually be a different phonebook entry.2) The dialling modifiers i, I, g and G are case sensitiveSince all (non-quoted) at command strings previously were converted to uppercase immediately after invocation, this distinction was lost, and an incorrect result was produced.
15002 Storing a (non-zero) +IPR setting in the user profile (with the &W command) caused theRS232 to be disabled permanently after removing the RS232 cable. For normal users, only access to a PC with an infra-red port could fix the problem.
15043 All signals that don't allocate signal memory when initialized will be set to NIL.
15052 WAP: After this changes will WAP use the FSX filesystem to hold persistent data and the old WAP filesystem are deleted.Now we have dynamic number of profiles.After this restruct/optimization will WAP use less code flash and RAM in the product.
15065 Added browser support for iHTML.
15137 Implementation of the Bluetooth Handsfree profile.
15161 Type approval testcase has been changed to use another detach type when power off after all retransmissions of a combined attach/RAU has been sent without any response from the network.
15218 Our implementation of the printf() function only supports a limited number of arguments types. E.g. the IAR version of printf() does not currently support %x and %u. This MR addresses this fact. Unsupported arguments are just removed or changed to those supported.
15236 Gif bitmaps are cleared before use to ensure a efficient rle coding in a later stage
15241 Hardware control error in the TA software sub-system causing trouble with the data exchange on RS232 unless auto-detect is enabled. An AT command is required to disable it.
15253 Support for full/simplified input alphabets.
15259 Fixed problem with detecting two consecutive aync-HDLC frames
15278 Added size check to avoid potential ALLOC with size zero
15291 Push inbox is not in focus anymore when the user choose to load an URL from the push inbox.
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:10
@Merkur my R2B SW did that the other day on my T68i, 1 person whos number ended in 70000 my phone went crazy and it froze!!!!
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:11
wow tht is a real long list ..
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
Merkur
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:52
@John74: You should definately have your phone upgrated to the newest SW version!
I was getting really frustrated because of this but. It made me always have to call my woice mail box and call the caller back.

Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 18:54
Quote:

On 2002-06-19 17:29, orang3 wrote:
so is R2E a new sw for t68i ?? you mean i can get it on my t68mi to replace the R2B ???

yes... if you read through this thread you will find the answer R2E is released both for T68i and for the MMS software for T68m
fresj
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 19:03
Anyone know what all this mean? I understood just a few of the things..
emxinh
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-20 12:50
will all my data (phone book, screensavers, themes, ringtones, calendar ...) be lost when I upgrade from R2B025 to R2E006 ?
My phone is T68i
EricSony
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-20 13:00
Quote:

On 2002-06-20 12:50, emxinh wrote:
will all my data (phone book, screensavers, themes, ringtones, calendar ...) be lost when I upgrade from R2B025 to R2E006 ?
My phone is T68i

Nope!
Merkur
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-20 14:56
I just found a change in the new software. And this one I don't like one last bit!
When writing a SMS message it was possible to use the joystick to jump between two letters on the same button... like when you write ABBA.
After the upgrade the joystick changes the letter I'm typing. I absolutely hate this!!!
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-20 18:42
i just noticed that to now it types in the next word insted of the space which made my SMS typing faster also the total call cost are under the Service menu and not under the Call option
Ulukai
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-20 19:39
One helluva list!
mruane
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-06-20 21:54
A change I have noticed during the upgrade to T68i R2E from T68m R2D is the temporary display of Cell Information. In R2D when you selected Cell Information = On the name of the currently selected Cell Site always appeared below the name of the service provider on the main screen - at least in New Zealand it did . Now, that name only appears for about 5 minutes and then dissappears. Bit of a pity really. I cannot understand why that functionality was changed. There does not seem to be any advantage to only displaying the Cell Information for a limited time.

Cheers Mike
jas
K600
PM
Posted: 2002-06-20 23:39
Meruk, could you explain in more detail how it was before and after the upgrade? I don't get what the difference is between them.

This post was posted from a T68i

jas
K600
PM
Posted: 2002-06-20 23:42
Sorry, that should be Merkur and nothing else.

This post was posted from a T68i

john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-21 23:26
@Jas the change is in when you are typing in something and if you finish writing or typing in your word as soon as you finish the last word immediately move the joystick up or down or left or right and you will see that insteed of moving right a space it goes straight to the next letter or list available
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi