Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New Firmware R5B02

Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Author New Firmware R5B02
khaosspawn
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-06-01 11:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Contacts came through fine, but calendar and tasks were gone. Not too much of a hassle, since I had sync'ed and backed up. Also Call Log Manager doesn't work with this firmware (since they've changed the format of the call logs - known bug I guess).
Sul05
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-01 21:14
About key mapper i posted that. Iaint been able to use it at after upgrading. SO any help out there is welcome
humdinger
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-01 23:33
My P900 hasnt come through yet but it doesnt sound like i should upgrade the firmware when i do get it!

More problems seem to be occuring than results... :S
Sul05
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-06-02 13:49
I would advise everyone to do this upgrade especially as the battery lasts for ages now. My only complain has been about key mappry apart from that love this upgrade
crawltochina
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-02 14:44
What do you mean with "ages"? My battery still lasts for two days, not longer, using GPRS for an hour/day and have Tracker always on.
nick111
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-06-02 19:30
Quote:

On 2004-06-01 21:14:12, Sul05 wrote:
About key mapper i posted that. Iaint been able to use it at after upgrading. SO any help out there is welcome

I don't have any probleme with Keymapper after upgrading, perhaps you can try to install it again !

dannyoneill
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-06-05 11:54
tomsaysdearlord a firmware could give memory stick pro capabilitys.

All the hardware to handle pro is in the controller on the memory stick. Sonys web site themselves say a firmware upgrade may allow devices to use the MSPro.

The only think we wouldnt get is the high speed of the Pro as the P900 only uses Serial and not the Parallel interface.

Hardware wise, it could handle it. [addsig]
Fafner
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-05 11:59
I'm currently using Key Mapper with the latest firmware version, but I didn't notice any particular problem!
babis
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-05 22:21
Quote:

On 2004-06-05 11:59:58, Fafner wrote:
I'm currently using Key Mapper with the latest firmware version, but I didn't notice any particular problem!

WLCM

same with me, but others have reported the problem

maybe it is time for upgrade of this very functional app
khaosspawn
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-06-06 04:01
Keymapper is definately a fine app, but after this upgrade I'm getting a strange issue with the app. I can map most keys fine, except the "away" jog dial. I can't unlock the screen with it anymore if keymapper is enabled (not even If I use the keymapper lock screen instead of teh default SE one). Turn keymapper off and it works fine (to unlock). Very odd indeed.
babis
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-06-06 10:22
@khaosspawn

if you set jog dial away to other function than default, then it gives the same command when you try to unlock and the phone cannot be unlocked with jog away

same applies to jog towards

if you want to unlock screen by jog you have to leave one of jog directions to default, in case you are not aware
Tanquen
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-06-06 22:39
Grey market maybe but not Black market. “Sony Ericsson has no obligation to provide you any warranty service for your phone unless you are in China.” I don’t know about that, I thought it had a world or global warranty.

Ok, I totally understand what you are saying. I bought it on eBay from x1877 or something and I had got a P800 from him and it worked out fine and I did not think anything of getting the P900 from him. I guess he had been unbranding them and then selling them, which for the P800 was no big deal. Things are a bit different with P900 and the CDA# on-line update thing.

I just don’t think this is legal. I’m not talking about warranty service. I’m talking about the functionality of the device.

Like I said: “SE said buy a P900 and it can do this, this and this. I bought a P900 and SE is blocking my P900 from one of the advertised features.”

SE never said anything about the warranty. They said I that I can send it in or take it to a service center but that is not the point. I want it to work as advertised.

If I had questions about how to use the phone or it was not working, then I should be worried about who supports the phone. If AT&T subsidizes the P900 and puts their logo on it and the box then I know they taking responsibility for some or all of the support. But if SE is going to sell a phone all over the world and it’s not going to support it and disable features based on who you buy it from, THEN IT SHOULD HAVE A DIFFERENT F***ING PART NUMBER OR COLOR OR SOMETHING!

Then the “RELIABLE SOURCE” could say: “Don’t buy the P900c from those knuckle heads. Get the real deal on the true P900 with full warranty and service and use the on-line update all you like and don’t worry about all that logo branded crap or jerks unbranding it and selling you a branded phone.”

I’ll live, I’m just going to have to be that much more thorough the next time I buy a phone. Remember when computers and gadgets where fun?

Quote:

On 2004-05-22 19:33:38, rickpaul wrote:
You purchased a black market phone (water goods). Sony Ericsson has no obligation to provide you any warranty service for your phone unless you are in China. 162004/14 is a China Subsidized phone. It's warranty is only valid in China. Update Service is only allowed by the company who subsidized the phone.

These phones are typically about 25% less price than the unsubsidized phones. At the lower price, they do not have the same level of support.

There are plenty of 162003 phones from china that can be freely upgraded. THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD ONLY BUY YOUR PHONES FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE.

If a service center unbrands your phone, you probably still will not be allowed to use the Sony Ericsson Update Service.

Quote:

On 2004-05-14 17:51:10, Tanquen wrote:
If I send it to a service center to have them unbrand it, will I be able to use the on-line update service after that? I have used the on-line unbrander that worked for a week or so but the phone is now forever stuck at:

Phone: R3C006
Bluetooth: R5D
Organizer: R4A06
CDA: R4A04

The phone came with the CDA number 162004/14 which I think is Hong Kong and I was only able to update it once back in December the day I got the phone and even them it was not the current firmware at the time.

I have sent many emails to SE support but they don’t care. Even though they admit that I should be surprised that SE is blocking a feature on My P900 that SE said P900s would have. I don’t remember the press release word for word but I’m sure it did not say:

“You now how it’s a drag that you can’t update the P800s firmware at home like you can with many electronic gizmos, well if you buy the P900 you can. As long as it has the right CDA number, suckers.”

With all the other devices that I have had that allowed the firmware to be upgraded I never thought of something like this. I can even update the firmware on my set top DVD player with a CD that I have burned the update onto. It’s bad enough that some devices require you to send them in, like the P800. At least I can understand that they don’t want to deal with a bunch of locked-up phones because people can’t follow directions or have bad luck or the PC crashed right in the middle of the update.

Is this legal? Are we going to see service providers selling the P1000 (or whatever) with the WiFi disabled because SE will sell them for less because they won’t have to pay the WiFi licensing fee? Bit of a stretch I know but you get the idea. SE said buy a P900 and it can do this, this and this. I bought a P900 and SE is blocking my P900 from one of the advertised features.

Sorry for the rant but it makes me mad when I think about it.

energetic
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-07-21 13:40
On 2004-07-21 13:32:19, energetic wrote:
Here are the latest release notes for the R5B02 finally!

Release notes

CDA-number: CDA162003/4
Organiser version: R5B02

P900 Maintenance Release 1 (MR1)
Improved sound quality in Office handsfree mode (adjusted echo canceller parameter adjusted).
Updated Java support (MIDP2 - MIDlet signed against Verisign certificate).
Improved capitalization in T9 (T9 now capitalize characters correctly).
Enhanced handling of accessories (HBH 200 CLI support).
Improved visualization of the stand by clock (The Clock screen saver digit has been enlarged).
Corrected "find" functionality in e-mail application (The find function did not work in earlier releases).

P900 Maintenance Release 2 (MR2)
Improvements in Bluetooth, for example better interworking with Bluetooth headsets, dialup and stability improvements.
Improvements in Audio and Video streaming.
Java MIDP2 improvements.
Improved tuning of colors of pictures taken by the camera.
Miscellaneous minor improvements.

P900 Maintenance Release 3 (MR3)
Further improvements in Bluetooth performance related to Bluetooth headsets.
Support for OMA Download added.
Trust settings for common CA certificates fixed to work also for internet browsing.
SW Install - Fixed MIDP OTA Installation failure due to truncated User Agent Header.
Play random files in MP3 player - correct file played and random is more random.
Corrected missing filename when ID3 tag is not present in music file.

P900 Maintenance Release 3.1 (MR3.1)
Corrections to a fault in the MR3 SW related to download of Java applications using JAD files.
snoopdogme
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-07-21 14:10
has anyone else got the communicorder saving location bug where when u close the communicorder, the save location reverts bk to the default location in the unfiled folder on the internal memory!! this is on the latest firmware
nick111
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2004-07-22 11:05
This release note is not complete, we can't see MR4 !

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic