Previous  123 ... 373839
Author Tips to care for your battery
AdrianG001
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-21 15:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2002-05-20 12:09:00, orang3 wrote:

For many users, recharging their phone batteries consists of the daily routine of plugging in the charger, and then leaving it on for a couple of hours to juice up. However, depending on your battery type, overcharging or undercharging it could result in a shorter life.

You should also understand that due to the chemical processes involved, batteries deteriorate over time. After a certain number of cycles, the battery's maximum charge capacity drops to below 80 percent of its original capacity.

Battery type Number of charging cycles
Nickel cadmium (NiCd) 1,500
Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) 300-500
Lithium-ion (Li-ion) 500-1,000
Lithium-polymer (Li-Po) 300-500

Therefore, heavy users who recharge frequently may have to purchase new batteries after a short time compared to light users. However, not every battery will reach this number of cycles before starting to lose charge. For a battery to reach its natural life, proper maintenance is necessary. Batteries may look tough, but they can be inadvertently damaged.

There are several things you can do to maximize the useful life of your battery.

Breaking in
When you first get your battery or phone, you will need to break it in. It may be necessary to fully charge and discharge the battery three to four times before it will be able to make use of its maximum capacity. This is for all battery types.

The first time you charge the battery, the phone may indicate a false full charge after 10 to 15 minutes. This is normal. Unplug and plug the charger to "restart" the charging process.

If you wish to keep your batteries aside for a period, store them in a dry and cool place. Heat and nearby metallic objects can spoil the battery. As the batteries will self-discharge after prolonged storage, you will have to break the batteries in again before use. Having said that, don't leave your rechargeable batteries dormant for extended periods. Cycle them for a full charge and discharge every so often to keep it fresh. Batteries that sit idle for extended periods of time without charging begin tend to lose their ability to hold a charge and will self-discharge.

That thing called "memory effect"
If you do not fully discharge the battery before recharging it, gradually the capacity of the battery will be reduced. This is called the memory effect, and is due to the accumulation of gas bubbles on the cell plates.

NiCad batteries are especially prone to this problem. Therefore users should try to discharge the battery fully after each use, a process called conditioning. NiMH batteries are less susceptible to the memory effect, but even then you should condition them once every one or two weeks. Li-ion and Li-Po batteries are immune from the memory effect.

For optimal talk and standby time in the long run, it is recommended that you use original batteries with your mobile phones.

Most phones beep or display a "Battery Low" message to remind you that the battery will soon need to be charged or replaced with a charged one. If you are desperate to have the phone last just that extra minute longer, you can consider immediately switching to zero ring volume, zero backlight, non-vibration mode, etc. Switching off the phone for a short while can also prolong the remaining standby time when you next switch the phone on.

Thanks for such a valuable information ! Hope to get such more innovative answers on this forum

Adrian Gates
Sr. Cloud Expert - Apps4Rent
[ This Message was edited by: AdrianG001 on 2018-03-21 14:33 ]
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2018-03-26 10:44
Hello from the past! I still use SonyEricsson K610i as my primary phone. It has served me well since 2007, 30th April. So soon it will celebrate its 11th birthday

It's small, but wise enough with great call quality and superb signal strength. The battery lasts ca 5–6 days and nights with a couple of hours of talk.

As I have written before, I nearly always let the battery turn completely empty before I start charging it. By completely empty I mean the situation when the phone switches off due to very low battery status.

I have replaced the battery every 5 years. All the batteries have been originals. Actually there was no urgent need to replace the battery. They all worked well, but did not last as long as when they were new. Just a bit less.

As there is no SonyEricsson anymore, there are no lately produced original batteries as well. I have used original batteries made earlier. So my present battery was made about 10 years ago and I have been using it for a year.

Just in case I recently bought two B-category batteries with more power and they are quite new.

I hope that my beloved SE K610i will continue lasting and there will be always a suitable battery for it. Even if the GSM-network will be shut down, I could use K610i in UMTS 2100 MHz. If UMTS will also be shut down, then the mighty era is over.

PS. I add two photos about my phone. Photos were made in 2016, February.

[ This Message was edited by: Aivar on 2018-03-26 11:00 ]
IshaGambhir
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-07-21 09:04
You are absolutely right on this point if we will charge mobile battery for long hour like for whole night or day then definitely the life of the battery will reduce day by day.

Apart from that this is also true if your mobile battery below 30% only then you should going to charge it till it's not full charge. Some people does charge their mobile phone every time which is not good for the life of mobile battery.
ClaribelAske
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-27 08:24
It makes the feeling that it's more sharp to charge your telephone on than off Good when its on it says refreshed charging when its off it says charging essentially is that the respect why? So with that sort of battery, the Li-Po it would not reveal an enhancement for the off danger that you essentially totally release or totally cost the battery? You can accomplish something and it won't gather the life or mischief it?
[ This Message was edited by: ClaribelAske on 2019-03-30 10:14 ]
shahzadshah
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-07-30 08:30
Thanks a lot for this information. I found it very useful. i have a question about battery charging some times my phone show 100% charging when I unplugged the charger after 1,2 minutes is showing battery 90%, or below 90% I am tired of this lousy thing plz Help
Freeguy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2020-01-02 11:13
You can also buy new. never mind
azajali43
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2020-02-08 09:25
Tips to care for battery:

1. Upgrade your phone.
2. Charge your settings.
3. Economize.
4. Turn off push notifications.
5. Use the approved wall charger for your device.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 373839
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic