Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Tips to care for your battery

Previous  123 ... 36 373839  Next
Author Tips to care for your battery
Allen29
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 17:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yup, rhea is right. But the most important thing is that, dont over use thy cellphone
jeffcua
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-30 17:21
thanks for this helpul thread..godbless.
SEK550i-k810i/operamini6.1handleryou can win if you want
jms2367
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 07:43
Actually, lithium polymer batteries and lithium ion batteries need not be discharged before you charge it. It actually reduces the life cycle of the battery if you discharge it too often. The number one enemy of these types of batteries is heat. In the manual of my SE Elm, it is actually advised that I charge my phone as often as possible in order to prolong battery life.

N.B.
The discharge-recharge of batteries that we had became so accustomed of is because the older types of batteries like the Ni-CD and Ni-MH batteries which really need to be cycled because of the memory effect. The newer Li-Po and Li-Ion type of batteries does not suffer from the same memory effect as the old Ni-Cd type.
[ This Message was edited by: jojosiscar on 2010-12-02 23:37 ]
alenn
Nokia N900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-21 20:25
thanks for information.very helpful i had a phone before 8-9 years.i only used it for a couple of months because it exploded and melted the whole phone
aldrinus
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-12-02 15:27

On 2010-11-16 07:43:09, jojosiscar wrote:
Actually, lithium polymer batteries and lithium ion batteries need not be discharged before you charge it. It actually reduces the life cycle of the battery if you discharge it too often. The number one enemy of these types of batteries is heat. In the manual of my SE Elm, it is actually advised that I charge my phone as often as possible in order to prolong battery life.

N.B.
The discharge-recharge of batteries that we had became so accustomed of is because the older types of batteries like the Ni-CD and Ni-MH batteries which really needs to be cycled because of the memory effect. The newer Li-Po and Li-Ion type of batteries does not suffer from the same memory effect as the old Ni-Cd type.

Hi again, Jojo!

These are wonderful bits of information when it comes to battery information. I am about to start the third charging cycle of my new phone's battery and the first two cycles I did were based on the second set of battery facts you mentioned.

Thank you, kabayan!
"Life is an echo. It gives back what you have given."

Rule of Thirds.
jms2367
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-03 00:42
@alenn

Wow! The phone melted? What was it? was it due to over charging that the batteries overheated?

It's a good thing that modern chargers stops charging when the phone is already fully charged but I still remove the phone from the charger once the phone is fully charged.

@aldrinus

Glad to be of some help kabayan!

Cheers.
aldrinus
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-12-03 02:33
kabayan Jojo, these are actually some of the post that are really worth reading as they contain very useful information indeed.... thanks again!
"Life is an echo. It gives back what you have given."

Rule of Thirds.
gollumcaprio
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-12-07 20:51
1.Turn off your Bluetooth
2. Disable vibration mode.
3.lower the brightness at specific level.
4.Set the Power saver mode and the listening volume to the low values will help too
5.Switch off the phone if you don’t use.
alfiealvins
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-12-08 22:32
It is important to condition (fully charged and then discharged) battery every two or three weeks. If not, can significantly shorten the battery life (this does not apply to Li-Ion batteries which do not require air conditioning). Filling just run the battery of the device until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery user manual for instructions. If the battery is not used for months or more, it is recommended that you remove the device and stored in a cool, dry and clean. This keeps the battery will lose its runtime, and possibly damage the battery or device. It is normal that battery becomes hot to touch during charging and discharging. Only in extreme heat should be considered as potentially dangerous and the battery for a professional.
jms2367
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-08 23:05
@alfiealvins

Conditioning applies only to Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries and like you said, it does not apply to Li-Ion batteries. It also does not apply to Li-Po batteries which does not suffer from the memory effect like I posted earlier.
jsalyas
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-21 08:48
thanks very good tips for betry
io_bg
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-04-16 17:46
Heya guys! I charge the battery of my Vivaz every day because in moderate to high usage it's battery "survives" about 1 - 1.5 days. Listening to music is one of the things I do most often on my phone and I've noticed that this uses a lot of juice. I'm using AKG K324P headphones in case that matters. On the contrary, taking pictures which (I think) is supposed to drain the battery faster than anything else is not a problem for this phone. Once I took about 200 pics and the battery dropped from 90% to 70%. That's quite good I think.
Even if Vivaz's screen is not the brightest one you should decrease it's brightness if you want to save some more juice. Disabling 3G in areas where there's no good 3G coverage helps too.
marleyortan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-06-15 06:10
I want to buy one battery which having some security sections
saravana
Xperia X8 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-07-27 11:45
i am using X8 and its battery performance was poor.
once i discharged it completely and charged full. now it is comparatively better
rec15
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-08-12 05:42
Draining fully a Li-Ion battery shortens it's battery life.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 36 373839  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic