Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Tips to care for your battery

Previous  123 4 ... 373839  Next
Author Tips to care for your battery
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-26 13:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
it is like this .. like nokia hp .. when your hp is flat .. you off then on it back .. you can still standby for a few mins ..
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-26 13:35
it is like this .. like nokia hp .. when your hp is flat .. you off then on it back .. you can still standby for a few mins ..
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
ShibbyLicious
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-07-26 15:54
like moonie said the quoted time of 390hrs is based on many circumstances, its the manufacturers times

and do we know how they get these times !?

well....

mr sonyericsson says that if u stand next to cell or even better a BSC and dont move dont receive a call dont make a call dont send or recive a txt dont use GPRS dont use bluetooth basically just dont touch the phone at all, and that it be in good temperature conditions and that the battery is barnd new with only full charge and discharge then yes ur phone will last 390hrs !

so i say mr sonyericsson wat a pointless statistic !!

the truth whole truth n nuthin but the truth
iceclone
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-17 04:58
my t68i sumtyms lasts only for 1 day, but then again i'm a heavy user. m posting this right now from my palm m500+t68i via gprs!

i wish i cud try it to last a week... but doing so wud force me turn off my backlyt, vibra, and gprs/Ir.... i cant take that!!
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-17 05:26
then i guess you get a 2nd batt ......
zapper
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 05:37
Useful Information. Thanks orang ( orang mana nih?:)
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-20 12:47
Quote:

On 2002-08-20 05:37, zapper wrote:
Useful Information. Thanks orang ( orang mana nih?:)

what does the last part mean ??
louisboo
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 22:06
that mean, he is asking u where u come from?
tiidusk
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 03:31
This story is just like a COPY/PASTE method case
Sorry about the compliment, but it seemd 2 like that. But the story is truth 99%
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-22 09:27
ohh.. i am frm singapore..
deviltao
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 10:57
The other day when I carged my battery I took the charger away and checked the standby time! then it said 321h so i turned the phone of and connected it to the charger again...then when I turned the phone on again in the morning and I checked the standby time it was only 291??? How can the stanbytime go down half an hour on beeing charged all night + beeing shut of?? strange!!
nippit
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 13:21
Hi,

Just to add some more knowledge;

Some one said previously how the test for 390 hrs is done by ericsson it is almost true.

There are many things involved in the capacity of the battery. Envirolment, which we ignore, is one of the most important one as the battery is basically a chemistry reaction chamber.
Especially the Li-ion and Li-pol batteries are more sensitive to the relative temperature than its counterparts. I have experienced in the past with li-ion batteries to show absolute empty (this in fact means no chemical reaction) in below 5 degrees Celsius. And when brought back to room temp it shows more than 50 percent. (not tried this with my t68i but same technology in the battery). This is not an advice to heat the battery on a heater, you would damage it, but if you are desperate for a very short call just heat the battery between your hands and you can get a little bit more. I REPEAT NEVER TRY TO HEAT ANY BATTERY VIA EXTERNAL HEAT SOURCE THEY CAN BLOW.

May be unrelated in battery directly but.
There are some RF issues related to power too:
The Mobile Terminal (our handsets in this case) does have different power levels. The software on the MT decides what level of the power to emit at any given time. If there are any bugs in this code or if it is not efficient then we are wasting juice again. This is how sometimes a software upgrade affects the battery life.
Also there is a function on the GSM system which the cell controller (in the tower transmitter) activates the power save function for the idle MT in its coverage. This is very effective as it stops or changes the sequence of the homing signal of the MT. Not all the operators have this function enabled. Why? God knows there are many nice features that we never use or know. This is one of the reasons why some times the standby extends extremely but not the talk time with the same ratio.

Also the distance and power of the base station is very important. The worst scenario in such a case is when you are very far away from a very powerful base. The MT will receive the base signal and will try to transmit. Until the Base acknowledges the signal MT will switch to higher power level. If it is too far away (like on a boat at sea) the base will never acknowledge but the MT will try with highest power at all times.

I would like to give some examples from my old 8310/8210 which I used since they come out. The following details are daily life usage with the same phone and same amount of average usage.

In Singapore (I do not know any other location than the Singapore island with an overall better signal strength) my phone can last two days easily (2x24hrs)

When I am at sea out on a boat around the region I would be lucky if the phone lasts more than 12~16hrs.

In many urban areas in Europe 1x24

And it goes on

nippit
ScottTUK
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 18:33
Hi all
I currently own a Sony Ericsson T68i and I heard the other day about if you activate something which makes your voice calls better quality then it drains your battery much quicker is this true and if it is how do we know if it's disabled or activated?

Thanks
ScottTUK
Gimme my damn T300!
ScottTUK
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 18:36
Quote:

On 2002-07-10 20:12, Pink Lady wrote:
@orang: what a very useful information! Thanks @*how long does it take before your t68i gets fully charged? Thanks in advance

This post was posted from a T68i

Pink it takes roughly 4 hours but I usually leave it on an extra hour or two just to make sure
ScottTUK
Gimme my damn T300!
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-26 11:11
i am not very sure .. as i normally charge every night b4 i go to bed ..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 373839  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic