Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > New SE phones = death of mophun?

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  12
Author New SE phones = death of mophun?
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-12 20:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The only reason that mophun is more stable then java is that mophun games have to be proved by the mophun licensing so therfor they wont give any licence for a unstable game. With java there is alots of amateurs that is making the games and that mean that the game is more unstable and t610 do have very bad java suport that is making the games unstable and slow so the phone is crashing all the time. I have tested games on nokia phones and have to say that every single nokia phone have bether java suport then t610.

I am pretty sure that the java 3d will be much bether then the poor java on t610.

Personally i dont like mophun because of the licensing and the fact that developer's cant make their own game.

Quote:

mophun was to closed, hopefully it will be easyer for anyone to code
for the new game platform.

It will never be easy to make games.

[ This Message was edited by: speedooh on 2004-03-12 21:04 ]
kasei
W600 red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-12 21:50
Agree with you m8

This message was posted from a T616

Oco
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-12 22:02
2004, January: Synergenix n Symbian OS, Mophun is refusing to die, we have Really Pro Contest (mophun 3D) in P800/P900. But In my view Java will keep beating mophun until this die completely.

[ This Message was edited by: Oco on 2004-03-12 21:10 ]
don_vercetti
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-12 22:12
SE is the only big company to support Mophun isn't it? I can't say that i've ever felt any great love for the platform, although i prefer mophun of java on my t610 purely in terms of stability, but there is so little variety for Mophun, and to get most games for it (legally), you have to pay. Java seems to be free everywhere. Still, syndroid gave me hours of fun, on journeys and im sure there are other great ones.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-13 01:06
Hopefully mpn games will b more liberal in d next future, so we will have really MORE FUN as they advertise themself

This message was posted from a R520

WildNomad
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-03-13 01:07
The 3D JAVA engine that will be bundled with the newer SonyEricssons is the Mascot Capsule Engine. I have been hanging around their web, and it seems that accesing to the Developer Network is free just for a limited time. After that trial, you must pay.

At least with Mophun3D you don't have to pay anything for getting help or even for getting your game published, you just need a good idea and show them that you're gonna work it...

Anyway, I do not think that Mophun will die soon. Their Mophun3D has been ported to virtually every Symbian phone, it's very compact, fast and easy to use. I've been able to install the V-Rally2 on my Nokia 6600 and it's amazing.

It's a shame that I can't compare it with a running Mascot Capsule 3D game. Although I played with a K700 prototype last Tuesday, I couldn't test any game on it. That would have been rather interesting.

Regards!
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-03-13 02:18
There are some great mophun games for the t610, and sometime ago there was'nt a single java hand that could match them. However today we have great java hands like XIII, rainbow shield, prince of persia 1 and 2 or 1941 frozen front that make us forget mophun, mostly also because it's almost impossible to find new games

This message was posted from a T610

caff
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-03-13 11:31
But are there any Java or Java3D games that support mult iplayers via bluetooth ?? Otherwise I do miss mophun games !
slamEVIL
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-13 22:10
to me it all comes down to graphics and game play. and mophun is light years behind the new java games (prince of persia sot, hades). who cares if it doesn't support ir or , none of my friends have t610s anyway. i can't wait to see what java 3d has in store for us.
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-14 05:47
Personaly I am glad that SE drops Mophun.
I mean platform is great, games are much better and faster than java, but business concept was doomed from the start.

Guys from Synergenix got too paranoid about this piracy stuff that they totaly closed it and restricted at the cost of developers and end-users. Besides they probably wanted to have piece of cake from every single sold game.

Developer can write a game but he can not test it in his own phone. Even less he can not choose to give away his game for free. All games must go through Synergenix control and there must not be any free games.

End user can not make a backup copy of his own game (unless he does some pain-in-the-ass tricks on purchase). Instead if you happen to delete the game from your phone you must buy it again. All this despite the fact that the games are always locked with IMEI # and my game can not work in your phone. Stupid argument is again: piracy (like games were not locked in the first place and like it was MS windows and not a cheap game).

Synergenix kept ignoring hundreds of complains from potential developers and users and this is what happens. Mophun never got popular, not much people know that it ever existed and that they have it in their phones and soon it will fade away.
That's what happens when you are greedy and close minded.
deuxani
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2004-03-14 13:23
I just hope they won't f*** up the Java on these new phones.
znights
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-03-14 16:42
well even if k700's java3D will be a good platform, it will take some time b4 games start to pop up. i do hope it will be compatible with current java games
50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-03-14 16:43
mophun isnt as good as java...not much of a loss really.
Trusted Trader: 50Cent (+6, -0)
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-14 18:00
I always said that mophun would die. They are to picky about publishing.

This message was posted from a Nokia

Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-14 18:37
Mophun had some really good games. The major issue is that when you buy a game, it is attached to the phone you have at that time. When you change phones, you'll have to buy a new game. Now that is just ridiculous!

I mean.... I have a snow scraper that i bought after I bought my car. Surely I don't get rid of it when i buy a new car, I just port it over.

Now I have games I cannot use and I refuse to buy them again
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi