Esato

Forum > General discussions > Announcements > YamiGO - A new chat service for mobile phones like SE - T630

Author YamiGO - A new chat service for mobile phones like SE - T630
chrissearle
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-11-09 09:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got yamigo up and running - s700i - but a little confused - have been reading the forum here - but not found exactly the problem.

I have three data accounts on the phone - one MMS, one WAP and one GPRS. To get a successful login to yamigo via My Friends I have to use the WAP account - the GPRS one just times out. The WAP account signs in just fine (you can find my login listed on yamigo's website too). However - every 12 mins I get a message "Wrong internet account" on the phone's screen. Probably when polling (since its 12 mins).

Any ideas anyone?
DWizzy
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 23:14
I'm also one of the pitty fools that are unable to start the "my friends" thingy.
I suspect the previous posters just don't have the icon on their "desktop", same here...
Though I have a 'white' T630, not a T-Mobile one!
craigl21
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-14 00:54
I am using k700 had same prob till did upgrade, maybe firmware niggle

This message was posted from a K700i

chrissearle
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-11-30 11:41
Sorry - did you mean that you had the "Wrong internet account" problem until you had a firmware upgrade?
bogdano
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-26 11:42
After a few good months of silence we make a new release during Christmas time.

New features or bug fixes in this release:

* Support for scandinavian, germanic, extended, etc. (UTF-8) character sets on MSN Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger.

* New "Gas Meter" service. Now you can calculate in a simple manner the fuel consumption average of your car by sending the mileage and the consume at every car refill to the Yamigo user: "wv:gas" like eg: "340 32.5" This message will be interpreted as 340 km or miles with 32.5 liters or gallions. The order doesnt count as we will assume that the highest number is the mileage. Send the message "reset" if you want the counters to be reset and average calculation restarted.

* Normalization of local resources. "wv:resource@yamigo.com" and "wv:resource" are refering the same resource. No more duplicates if local domain is present (eg: like it was happening for most of the SonyEricsson phones that could set the domain namespace). All previously exisiting duplicates were removed from the database.

Cheers,
Yamigo Support wishes you a Very Merry Christmas

Yamigo - It's a wireless village
chricke
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-12-29 15:41
Hi. I've a problem with the "My friends" service. When I am trying to add a contact, there is message that says that the contact couldn't be added to the contact list. Is there anything I can do so I can add contacts to my list?

I have a SE T630.
bogdano
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-31 15:59
New Year's Eve Release of Yamigo 0.10

Friday, 31 December 2004

Fixes and new features:

A long awaited fix for the double "@@" notation. From now on a buddy WV address needs to escape the first "@" by replacing it with the sequence "%2540" Eg: "wv:yamigosupport@hotmail.com@msn.com" needs to be entered in the phone as: "wv:yamigosupport%2540hotmail.com@msn.com". Most of the users wont be required to do any changes to their buddy lists as we changed the entries in the database. All Nokia users though will need to change the entries in theirs phones as Nokia phones currently DONT download the contact lists from the server. To our knowledge all SonyEricsson and Motorola obtain the contact lists and their content at login time. As a result of this fix K700i phones WILL login to MSN.

Support for Yahoo offline messages. Now you will be able to receive at login time all the outstanding messages from Yahoo.

Support for UTF-16 for AIM/ICQ

Yamigo Forum started

Improved UTF-8 sending for Yahoo! messaging (eg Chinese)

Upcoming in 0.11:

Automatic population of the contact lists from external sources. We are planning this new feature, yet most of the Nokia phones wont benefit from it currently as they dont download the list from the server. No ETA though.

ICQ presence update fix.

bogdano
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-27 09:03
Yamigo release 0.14 deployed

Tuesday, 25 January 2005

New weather service available:

Send a message to "wv:weather" or "wv:meteo" containing your city name, and you will get the current weather conditions on your phone. If you send your country name instead, you will get the conditions for all major weather stations in the country. Please note that city names must be entered using the ASCII transcription of the city name in the local language (e.g. you must send "Wien" for "Vienna", "Zaragoza" for "Saragossa" or "Bucuresti" for "Bucharest"), while country names must always be sent in English (eg "Spain" and not "Espaņa"). Eg for "London" you will get this result (fragmented):

LONDON, ONT.
0.0C (32F) Overcast clouds at 304.8 meters

EGLINTON / LONDONDERR
8.0C (46F) Broken clouds at 548.64 meters

LONDON / GATWICK AIRPORT
3.0C (37F) Few clouds at 914.4 meters

LONDON CITY AIRPORT
3.0C (37F) Clear skies

LONDON / HEATHROW AIRPORT
5.0C (41F) Broken clouds at 9144.0 meters

EAST LONDON
23.0C (73F) Scattered clouds at 762.0 meters

Fixes deployed this release:

Problems receiving messages to Nokia Series60's client (Nokia 6630, Nokia 7610) Problems where caused by incorrect WBXML encoding.
AIM and ICQ supported separately update your profile if you need to login to the both systems.
Validity period for the messages fixed.

ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-02-15 18:55
Yamigo release 0.15 deployed

Tuesday, 01 February 2005

New features:

From yamigo.com:

"For the phones supporting CIR/STCP signaling channel the message delivery is from now instantaneous. Phones that we know are supporting CIR / STCP are Nokia 6630, Nokia 7260, Nokia 7270 and Nokia 7610. We wait for an official confirmation, but the initial guess is that the phone needs to be configured to use a "internet" APN or else the signaliging channel is not maintained correctly by the phone. We'll update this information as soon as it will be available to us.
Coming up next release:

Group feature. Starting with 0.16 you'll be able to discuss with your friends and colleagues in the chat rooms."

Yamigo is just getting better. Works in my k700 like a breeze...i chat with my msn contacts all the time, and it isnīt expensive either

SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-02-15 19:00
Arez, will you be an angel and quote me the settings? I have a registered name at yamigo.com. I used once but never managed to add contacts, seems you need to add each contact manually, and some wierd junk should be added in the email address to make it work. Will you pls guide me on that too?

This message was posted from a K500

ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-02-20 18:26
You should add your msn contacts like this: imagine your friend msn is friend@gmail.com - you should add him to My Friends as friend%40gmail.com@msn.com Its pretty simple once you get used to it ;-) other option is waiting your mates to send messages to your phone - then you can automaticaly add then to your list ;-) by the way since yesterday i cant acess yamigo's network, anyone experienced this?

govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-02-20 18:56
Ok. Got it. Is there any prob with yahoo and yamigo. I heard there were compatibility issues and yahoo currently does not work.
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-02-20 19:00
I only use it with msn...but right now i cant use anything i always get network error? How about you gov can you connect right now to the yamigo network?

k4m!k4ze
W710 Violet
PM
Posted: 2005-02-20 19:01
Yahoo changes it's protocol at least once a month to prevent third party clients from using its service so you can forget getting an up-to-date client which works properly
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence of your attempt !!
mario2002
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-20 19:20
Unless you use AgileMessenger ;-) Y on earth should I use yamigo if there is already a much better option out there and is free ? ? ? (Obviously you have to have the right cellphone first ;-)

This message was posted from a Nokia 7650

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic