Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > T630 user reviews

Previous  123  Next
Author T630 user reviews
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-13 16:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I would prefer the shortcut instead of the my friends menu. The keypad is much better than at t610.

This message was posted from a T630

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-13 19:25
The keypad is better than the T610's, although I think SE should have upgraded the camera, even if it was only a minor upgrade.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Turistapt
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-05-14 17:20
Till a few months ago i was an "Siemens Fanatic" i had an S6 an S10 an S25 an C35, an A36, an S45 and an S55...
But the new T630 changed my prespective and i "gaved" a chance to SE so i bought it!
Till now i just have to say wonderfuls from this "little", is ellegant, light, with a large and colerful display, the battery (with an utilisation of +/- 30 min. talk/day, 30 min GPRS/day and 20 sms/day and some play time) handle about 3 days, thats very good. Other great point is the perfect syncronization with Outlook, and a good memory (schedule, data) makes him a great companion on bussiness. The GPRS acces is very effective and reliable and also bluethooh works perfect!!
The only negative thing is the quality of the pics... i donīt like nokiaīs, in fact i "hate it" but i need to say that nokia mobile cameras are pretty much better!! The T630 at night and low light getīs crap shots and the night mode is very bad... But ok, this is not an camera, is a mobile!!
In a grade of 0-20 i gave to this phone an 17!!!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-15 07:43
my only problem is the weak vibra function. interested, how long the battery will last ( made 04w04. ). at the first use i could surf on wap 4 hours before i had to recharge it.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-05-15 19:08
@bobafett

I'm amazed that you would want to surf on wap, on a T630, for four hours!

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-05-15 18:08 ]
tbjergli
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-06 13:04
I've had my t630 now for a week or so, and I love it. I upgraded from my t68i, which I still have, and I will never quit using SE.
My first phone was the Nokia 7110, that one broke/ froze all the time, then to a nokia 3310.. I bought my t68i summer 2001, and now I have the t630 and will never quit SE products! =) They are simply the best.
Another Q; What is this "My Friends" menu?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-06 14:28
Access to a virtual village on the web, for example yamigo. Pls use the search here for more infos.

This message was posted from a T630

Raen
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-08-07 09:51
I own a T630 (Black but Unbranded, woo!) and it has worked fine for me. Although it does not seem to have a My Friends menu, I know that Vodafone NZ doesnt support it, so I dont actually give a damn. The screen is Fan-Damn-Tastic and is a major improvement over the T610. And now when u move the phone when taking a photo, the image atually follows your movement.Also, the reception issues that seemed to plauge the T610 have been resolved, I have had no problems with lack of reception where my mate said that he got with a T610. But the Extended mode is crappy, it is better to just blow up a normal "large" photo, and the extended takes forever to save and uses too much space (which there is'nt much of). But otherwise, it is a very good phone I am very happy that I purchased it.
kenski
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-08-15 09:34
I have both t610 and t630 and I can say t630 has a much better screen that that of the t610 . The cam's fps is a lot faster than t610. Other than that they're almost the same..Cant wait for the s700
forever
Read the FAQ before u post a new topic..
8810->6150->3310->t68i->t610->t630->k700i
Louie Talan
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-16 08:21
I've had my Black T630 (unbranded, r6c) for a week now. Compared to my previous phones (t28, r380, t68, t68i, t610), menu response was a lot quicker. In my opinion (even if no one asked for it), SE should have retained the 'my shortcuts' and removed one of the SE WAP/GPRS connection (icons 1 or 2) then added 'my friends'. I find the existing 'my shortcuts' inadequate compared to t610.

The screen is more vivid compared to t610. Using Theme Creator Pro 3 will produce a lighter output that expected (partly because it wasn't designed for TFT screens). I miss the contrast adjustment at the service menu. I find it more useful and accurate than the one located at the settings menu.

The joystick feels a little rigid which makes it more accurate (no accidental taps) though it requires a bit more effort.

The keypads are big, well-lit and arched. Good for people with big hands like me. I'm just a little concerned of the dirt that might get stuck in the space between the keys.

The fascia is solid and elegant (haven't had problems regarding dust on the screen--yet). I would advise owners to put a screen protector and include the logo in doing so.

The camera is the same as the t610 but with 640x480 interpolation. Proper lighting and steady hands can produce wonders with the camera. The built-in mirror needs a bit of getting use to.

The memory is still limited to 2MB (Depending on what tweaks--i.e. 13 second trick--you do).

Battery life is 2 and half days with normal use (I can't see 'charging full' at off state).

The polyphonic is louder and clearer, but you still can't customize the message alert (I wonder if SE really listens to the consumers?!).

WAP via GPRS supports up to ihtml format (no database).

Bluetooth and infrared connections are better compared to t610 (especially when synchronizing with Outlook, etc.).

Messaging though text is still a long process (1 step less compared to t610). MMS is excellent (depending on the provider). E-mail can send attachments but cannot receive one (I suggest you configure MS Outlook the same as your t630 to receive attachments).

All in all, the t630 is one small phone packed with features. If you want better, I suggest you get the k700i but wait for the final software upgrade. If you want a smartphone, get the p910 or s700 (the black edition look good). Just assess your needs before buying a phone so you won't be disappointed when it's already in your hands and paid for.

[ This Message was edited by: Louie Talan on 2004-08-16 08:15 ]
se-newbie
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-10 18:39
I recently bought a SE T630, my first SE after a string of crap Nokias. Mine is on "O2 - IRL" and the top left icon is an O2 icon that links to the O2 Active service. I don't have a "My Friends" icon, I don't think it is available outside the US. Does the T630 support AIM?
whytoi
T630
PM
Posted: 2005-06-15 03:51
Finally upgraded my T68i to T630 black model from eBay at a bargain price. Reception and sound quality are both great. There's been no funny events so far with firmware R7A011 (I guess it's end of the line for this model). Disappointed with the camera quality though. It really is not that useful unless it's an absolutely emergency or just for a mug shot to be included in the phone. As for the new screen, transferred a decent image from my computer, but despite being TFT, it's still too washed out and can't compare with my laptop. Other than the camera (which wasn't the reason for my upgrade), it's another great SE phone.

In terms of built quality, this is just a tad behind T39m and miles ahead of T68i.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-15 04:03
Ditto
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
mcrosser
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-01-13 06:54
I just got my T630 some days ago, updated from my T226. The keyboard seems a little hard to press, perhaps coz I'm not used to it. Overall great phone and fantastic screen. Although there is a problem, the files that are on the T630 memory occupy more than on PC. with just 2MB it fills faster that way. The menu seems pretty easy to use. the camera is not so good, but you can adjust the brightness and contrast with the joystick, resulting in better colored images. you can edit some images or draw your own in the picture editor and also make your own ringtone with music DJ, wich is very interesting. I still haven't tried bluetooth nor irDA since I havent got the adaptors for my PC yet. Here is a sample pic of the box.

[ This Message was edited by: mcrosser on 2006-01-13 05:56 ]
redfish
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-01-26 02:58
I wanted to buy a new phone. I still love my t68i though, I can't let go of it. I like T630 when it first came out. Does this have the unlock keypad pin like some of the Nokia phones? I want that feature coz I hate people who secretly uses my phone and even reads my messages argh! I don't want nokia phones though, it looks the same to me in terms of its functions and just changes its appearances. Is there a SE phone that has the keypad unlock pin feature?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi