Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > SE Mobile Phils (was philippine se users group) - vision, mission and objectives

Author SE Mobile Phils (was philippine se users group) - vision, mission and objectives
yiz19
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 16:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@vtr: I understand what you're saying. Manufacturers benefited somewhere along the line already and they should honor the warranties. However...

electronic devices are very tricky to deal with. If the manufacturers cannot ensure the integrity of the people who took their products and decided to sell them, then it would be risky for them to simply accept those "grey" units under their warranty policy. For example, it is becoming more and more risky to purchase from GH since some vendors actually change the contents of the box with fake ones to bring down the price. [Of course, these are mostly Nokia products.] If this happened to a T68, for example, and the user complains and goes to SE, they can't really be faulted for saying that the warranty was void.

I guess what they can do is to charge a reasonable amount for service repairs on the units.

My two cents on the matter...
dan47
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 17:15
i dont wanna comment on that matter...

anyhow, distributors shld protect their dealers.... SE ph doesnt profit from the grey market..especially product from ghs. our economy suffers because of that.... they didnt pay proper taxes, while SE has to pay tax for importing the units.

If you buy SE phone in other country, they give u intl limited warranty card and receipt and SE will acknowledge that.... ghs has THAT card? only receipt w/ no BIR stamp.

sorry for offending the dealers in ghs.. anybody here a dealer?.. hope non.... if meron, i like to buy accessories there.. cheap eh

opinion lang... dont mind me.. IGNORE ME..
vtr
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-05-09 08:07
Above all. I think that Manufacturers should protect the consumers/end users!!! afterall without us, no one makes money!
Serge
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-09 14:39
I think yiz is correct: as long as service centers charge only what is reasonable (the market will determine the reasonable-ness of a price), then the presence or absence of warranty should not be a problem. It will depend on the consumer--whether he wants to pay the possible cost of repairs upfront (higher price for units with warranty) or pay the cost of repairs as needed (lower price for units without warranty).

yiz19
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-09 17:58
Quote:

On 2002-05-05 21:49, Handsome Puppy wrote:

we are an online community of Sony Ericsson mobile phone users in the philippines sharing our experiences, knowledge and support regarding mobile technologies to our fellow members.

HP: This seems to work...except I don't think it should be constrained to just an "online" community. Also, what does "in the Philippines" refer to? Basta nandito? What about the other Pinoy forumers here who aren't physically in the country? Lastly, I think the "to our fellow members" limits the support the group can provide. If this group can reach out and help non-SE users understand the features, then that would mean that the group is helping out SE -- and I think that should be part of the thrust of the group.
Serge
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-10 05:22
@hp, yiz:
I suggest that you keep "online" because it is a good way to define the character of the group. It describes the primary venue where the group operates as a community. Other activities that are not "online" can be categorized as "projects", such as EBs, etc.
On the group being "in the Philippines," Yiz brought out an important point. A group that congregates online can not be confined to a single geographical area. The use of "of Filipinos" or "from the Philippines" may be a better formulation.
Suggestions lang....
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-01 03:55
I got concerns about the objectives of the proposed group.

I cannot say that I'd be an SE phone user forever. I am not blind to developments of other manufacturers, or (knock on wood) absence of development with SE phones. The proposed PSEUG will be tackling only SE phones, and what if I decide to switch to another brand, do i get booted out?

What I am trying to say is couldn't we open up membership to other mobile phone brand users (yeah, including nokia), and modify the objectives as not limit ourselves with SE? In this case, it just happened that all of those who came up with idea of setting up a group are SE phone users (right now). Let's organize several divisions (if numbers are big enough), for every major phone user group.

I envision the organization to become a major pro-consumer group for mobile phone users, not just SE users.

What do you think?

R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-07-01 03:58
then we shld change the name from 'pseug' to 'pugoc' Phil User Group Of Celphone
migueltan
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-01 04:02
@gowin-a very nice idea but personaly i dnt like it(nothng personal), dis grup was startd mainly bcoz all of us are SE users.

This post was posted from a T68i

jems
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-01 04:47
@619, i like your suggestion.

[ This Message was edited by: jems on 2002-07-01 03:50 ]
jems
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-01 04:55
Peace NOT War ! Magkape na lang tayo!
bonito99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-01 16:47
dang! I missed the fireworks!
Great Champions Die Hard.

" Women here in Manila are easy to get, specially if you have many dineros, I am talking in general here mate!I am already thru with Filipinas..." - JN a.k.a *jojo*
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-01 16:59
"Philippine SE Users Group - vision, mission and objectives"

you guys are deep....but on point, a good read.
BBBold on T-Mobile UK
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-07-01 17:40
Quote:

On 2002-07-01 16:59, decoy7 wrote:
"Philippine SE Users Group - vision, mission and objectives"

you guys are deep....but on point, a good read.

hahaha... yeah... diehard SE fans?
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-06 13:42
*bump*

i think now is the time to re-open the discussion about my un-answered queries on this thread.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi