Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > SE Mobile Phils (was philippine se users group) - vision, mission and objectives

Author SE Mobile Phils (was philippine se users group) - vision, mission and objectives
dan47
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 11:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ok, back to the topic....

dapat we should find out how to tame the ppl who dont give us support.

maybe if there's problem w/ the SE units, we can give Ferr's celphone no. as an after sales support. what do u think Ferr? hehehe
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 11:07
hehe, bakit naman number ko?

hmm, i just saw this newsbit kanina. it was about piracy. damn...
the reason why piracy sells? because prices are more reasonable.

only if the legit items of SE (for example) can match the prices at greenhills, then i guess people will be buying the legit stuff.

@the group
i think one of our main concerns, as a group, is to provide feedback. of course no one can provide any better feedback to the SonyEricsson people than customers do, enthusiasts or die-hards alike.

the problem begins if we provide feedback, but the we dont see anything changed after some time or so....
..which i hope we wont be experiencing with the SE people.

[ This Message was edited by: ferrarista44 on 2002-04-30 10:13 ]
dan47
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 11:13
yeah... even govt knows those units are smuggled... lugi talaga mga legitimate companies, they are paying the right tax but then sa ghs units are tax free... talking abt going after tax evaders.

so we cant blame SE for not honoring the warranty; smartnet is asking for a receipt, bec if we have receipt, that means we bought it at official dealer kahit intl, and that dealer surely paid the tax.

maybe we shld ask SE to lower their prices to become competitive. like the cable i got... hehe... cheaper.
flipperds
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-04-30 21:15
I totally agree with dan47. SE accessories are more expensive than the competitors. One thing SE Phils can do as support to our group and to promote their products is to give incentives, discounts, promos, or sponsorships. What SE lacks is the awareness of the Phils consumer regarding SE product.... most people don't even know of the wonderful features or potential of SE Mobile Phones. We see a lot of other Mobile Phone companies other than Nokia that are marketing extensively in the Philippines (more than SE). I only found out about the features of the T39m through the internet.... I had to research for it pa. Product info like that should be feed to the consumer via some effective medium. What is a great product if no one knows about it? The T68 appeals to the Phils consumer because of its colored screen... but do you think that they know what else it can do and that they are getting value for their money? What happens when Nokia releases their colored phones? SE Mobile Phones are ahead of their time.... SE Phils interest or support in our group is a GOOD start for them. The EB went well and I think that SE Phils can do a lot for us and we can also do a lot for them.
jems
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-02 18:11
@*, do you consider units bought in Hong Kong, USA, etc. grey units?
papajames
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-05-02 18:23
how about one of it's objectives is to convert hard core, die hard nokia users out of the dark side to get SE phones. they will really get their money's worth.
dan47
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-05-02 18:29
leave the die hard nokia fanatics as they are.... we dont need them. they dont know what theyre missing
papajames
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-05-02 18:40
you're right dan47! it seems all attempts would be futile.
Handsome Puppy
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-05 21:38
Quote:

On 2002-05-02 18:23, papajames wrote:
how about one of it's objectives is to convert hard core, die hard nokia users out of the dark side to get SE phones. they will really get their money's worth.

or more reasonably put as "to educate the general public by example about the advantages of sony ericsson mobile phones and devices"
Philippine Sony Ericsson User Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sonyericsson
Handsome Puppy
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-05 21:43
Quote:

On 2002-04-30 21:15, flipperds wrote:
I totally agree with dan47. SE accessories are more expensive than the competitors. One thing SE Phils can do as support to our group and to promote their products is to give incentives, discounts, promos, or sponsorships. What SE lacks is the awareness of the Phils consumer regarding SE product.... most people don't even know of the wonderful features or potential of SE Mobile Phones. We see a lot of other Mobile Phone companies other than Nokia that are marketing extensively in the Philippines (more than SE). I only found out about the features of the T39m through the internet.... I had to research for it pa. Product info like that should be feed to the consumer via some effective medium. What is a great product if no one knows about it? The T68 appeals to the Phils consumer because of its colored screen... but do you think that they know what else it can do and that they are getting value for their money? What happens when Nokia releases their colored phones? SE Mobile Phones are ahead of their time.... SE Phils interest or support in our group is a GOOD start for them. The EB went well and I think that SE Phils can do a lot for us and we can also do a lot for them.

to establish synergistic cooperation and partnership with Sony Ericsson and other related organizations.

to be a resource of information and advice on mobile technologies with special focus on Sony Ericsson mobile telephony.

did i sum it up correctly?
Handsome Puppy
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-05 21:49
Quote:

On 2002-04-30 06:56, pogie wrote:
@handsome puppy ... we are... simply ericsson users, period. we are the tech savvy market of the philippines. we enjoy gadgets, connecting them with each other and bragging them ehehehehe. really now, we are a new breed of people that enjoy comfortsand complexities of life. if not e di hindi tayo na ka phones nayon. we exist to be recognize (yabang ba? ) and also to extend help when it is needed, especially to other users. we are a voice, an echo of a market that has been dominated by a finish cellphone company called nokia.

we are an online community of Sony Ericsson mobile phone users in the philippines sharing our experiences, knowledge and support regarding mobile technologies to our fellow members.
Serge
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-06 02:33
"we are an online community of Sony Ericsson mobile phone users in the philippines sharing our experiences, knowledge and support regarding mobile technologies to our fellow members."

This is a good one. It has all the elements of a good mission statement..probably written by someone who has lots of experience doing stratplanning...(tama ba?? @handsomepuppy...)
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-06 02:51
galing talaga ni hot papa. buti na lang nai-"volunteer" kang presidente!

flipperds
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-05-06 18:43
@Handsome Puppy - yup thats right!
vtr
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-05-07 16:23
On the issue of gray units: let me just clarify further.... Any cell phone, whether gray or not, deserves to be covered by manufacturers warranty! Don't say that SE did not make money on these units, cuz the mere fact the unit was purchased means that somewhere down the line, the manufacturer has received their margin. Now if the phones were stolen from the plant to begin with, SE can just lock them via their IMEI codes so units cannot be used.

Any consumer product should be protected against defects for a period of time under normal use and without alteration of OEM Specs. The mere fact that SE or any other brand puts their name on the products means that they stand by them.

For example, If I am an AMEX holder of a card issued in the Philippines, should by any chance I lost that card while in EUROPE, the representative office there will make arrangements for a new card to be issued to me.

Its exactly the same foe SE, if I bought my phone from a dealer in singapore, why wouldn't they honor the warranty if my phone breaks down whilr i'm in the philippines? afterall, these phones are featured with global roaming, so it is expected that it will be used from country to country just like a credit card.

Please understand that I am not for or against gray market or "smuggled" phones. I just believe that as the end user, the manufacturers have liability to us to ensure that the goods they sell work properly for a minimum amount of time..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi