Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > What phone to get??!

Previous  12
Author What phone to get??!
jax_rayden
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-05-18 09:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
determine if you really need the other stuff you mentioned. you have bluetooth but do not use it, i think it's just a waste coz you have no use for it. the t65 is a good phone that's why i got one. i only use mine for making and recieving calls, for text messages too most importantly for wap. tha's all that i need.
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-05-26 06:43
get a p800 when it comes out
[addsig]
DarthVader
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-02 16:23
Get a t68i or wait for the p800!
RedFox2k
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-02 18:57
Well I took back the t65 and kept the sim card. I made £30 out of Virgin because of the deal I had at the time I am still looking for a mobile but I have a nokia 5510 atm which is fun because of the built in mp3 player. I still dunno what phone to get but it won't be the t68/i because they cost way too much. I will probably get a t39 I tried my mates and the phone rocks!
Superscalar
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 19:29
There is another way.

I recently bought a T68 on a contract from the Carphone Warehouse, because I wanted an Orange contract - and Orange didn't offer the T68i. I also thought the T68 looked better than the T68i, was cheaper by at least 50 quid - and had identical hardware features to the T68i.

But each of us has individual preferences; your mileage may vary.

Anyway, the staff at the Carphone Warehouse pointed something very sneaky out to me. Had I gone for a low-cost tarriff, I would have had to stump up 200 quid for the phone - plus the contract. But if I went for a high-cost tarriff, I would not only be able to get the phone at a knock-down price (half-price, actually - and even less, once I traded in my previous 2.5-year old brick) - but I could change tarriffs all the way down to a lowly £12.99 per month payment instead.

Of course, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that substantial money could be saved this way. If you get a 50 quid trade-in for your old phone (with charger and manuals) - you only end up paying 50 quid for the phone, about 25-30 quid for the first month of the contract - then £12.99 for the remaining 11 months. You could end up paying as little as £217.89 (including the up-front costs) over a year.

Given that a new T68 on its own costs nearly 300 quid, that's some saving. Not to mention the fact that you get all the inclusive-minutes benefits of a contract, too.

There is only one caveat I would advise people to watch out for. I did not go for the £12.99 contract with Orange, because it did not include any insurance for the phone. Instead, I went for the £17.50 Talk 60 tarriff, because it included insurance. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a careless person. I have never lost a mobile phone before, or had it stolen from me. But there was some reassurance that my old brick was so big by today's mobile phone standards, that any self-respecting thief that saw it was more likely to point and laugh, than to actually try and steal it. This arrangement has suited me perfectly up until now, but the T68 is a different kettle of fish. The Orange and Carphone Warehouse staff both commented that it was a "highly desirable" phone, and to me that can only mean bad news. Mobile phone crime is still rife, and I believe it's better to be safe than sorry. So I got the insurance.
brownjs
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-05 21:30
so you bought the phone half price because you went for a exspensive tariif for first month then you downgraded it to the lowest tariiff (£13 ) after one month for free
did i get you right?
bloody hell i thought you could not do that
I will go and check this out on friday after being at doctors before going back to school if this is true I will definetly buy T68 or T100
Superscalar
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 22:12
Indeed. I was gobsmacked when I found out!

The Carphone Warehouse staff described it as a "loophole" more than anything else. Just be sure to get confirmation from at least two shops before you try this. Why? Well, if you are sold a phone upon the basis of going down a tarriff level - and the service provider subsequently refuses, you have some comeback if you purchased it from the same place that told you it was possible. Even if nothing was provided in writing, you are legally entitled within the UK, to your money back if you were misled by a sales representative. You should find at least one other shop that also agrees - never underestimate the value of a second opinion.
brownjs
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-06 18:19
what shops do this?
You get T68 on orange contract for only £50 (after trade in ) then you connect To a £25 a month tariff then downgrade it after one month?
I just can not believe it THIS IS SUPERB
I am going to carphone warehouse
toommmorow
How much is t68i on this or T100 ?
Do you know
thanks a lot for posting this you are great man
and did you have any problems changing the tariif
Ady
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-12 00:49
Yes it is quite feasable to do what has been described above. The only exception to this really, is if you want the Everyday 50 tariff (which you now have to pay a £35 connection fee for). If you connect to a different tariff i.e. Talk 60, with the intent of switching to ED50 after a month, Orange will charge you the £35 fee to do it. You would have to stay on T60 for at least 4 months before you could switch without incuring the fee.

Ady.
brownjs
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-12 20:30
thanks for info
just thought i would say no need to do all that look what i came across
http://www.directmobilephones.com/ericsson_t68e_index3.htm

note tthat OVp tariifs are only £20 so i am getting t68 on contract for £20 and £14 a month OVP vodafone business tariff
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi