Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > How to cleanup P800 storage fast and safe (and clean)?

Previous  12
Author How to cleanup P800 storage fast and safe (and clean)?
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-08-10 05:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i got everythin in Mail stuffed back in.
but i couldnt open the messages.
whenever i try to open a message, i get a "unexpected end of file"
except of course when opening those messages from the SIM.
Yoeppie
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-08-10 11:35
U sure u have done everything as i have written sounds like ur files where stil in locked mode
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-08-10 12:23
yup.
at first i couldnt even copy the files.. then i though that would have been the "locked mode"... i did the processes enumerated. then successfully i have pulled the "mail" files out.

then next, i had trouble replacing the "index" file of "mail" after a master reset. then i thought it's on "lock mode" again.. so i did again the processes stated. then i was successful in putting all the old "mail" files and folders.. even the new index replaced with the old one.

i opened the messages app, i could see all my messages previewed there, listed the way it was before. but when i try to open a message, i get that error message.."unexpected blah-blah"

i just restored my P800 using the in-the-box software.
uninstalled all apps.
deleted folders manually, cautiously taking note what not to delete (depends on the icons and extensions)...
then reinstalled the necessary apps. looks very fresh to me now.
it's a looong process though.
mannequin
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-08-10 22:26
@baz
i didnt mean it that way! but ur method is interesting!

@yoeppie
thanks alot for the tips! i just wish SE would make a pc suite with selective backup/restore so u can backup/restore just contacts or messages for example...or mayb a 3rd party could make such an application
Yankees23
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-18 19:43
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 11:48:38, __spc__ wrote:
If you don't ahve Outlook 200x, is there anything I can use to back up my P800's contacts?

Steven. :?

The easiest and best way to back up your contacts on the P800 is to go to your contacts folder on the P800, make sure the All folder is selected, then click Contacts --> Send this folder. An e-mail with an attached contacts backup file will then be created for you to send to yourself as a backup.

Backing up this way will not only save the contacts, but any pictures or notes you have attached to those contacts as well. I don't believe syncronizing with the Windows Address Book or Outlook preserves this other data.
burner
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-17 17:55
i did something with my phone and i can`t access anything after i enter the pin. i think the software might have crashed , i was told i need some flashes of some sorth to get it up and running or how can i reset everything, or how can i install the software back on the phone from 0.
mschumacher
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-03-23 08:18
does exporting sms also work with the P900?
mpalwala
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-04-30 17:47
hey,

I have a p 800 and when I turn it on, it says disk full and then it just freezes. I can't get into anything in the phone. If I was able to do that, I could Master Reset it from the menu. Is there a way I could reset it without getting in the phone since I can't. Sony Ericssion said they'll do it for $200, but I hopeing that there is a cheaper and quicker way.
Thanks

--nomi
mpalwala
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-04-30 17:52
hey burner,

You and I are in the same boat. If you find anything let me know! Thanks!

--nomi
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi